New folks check in and say HI #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Names highlander just joined found site thru mass backwards to quote an old phrase "veery interesting" sight
Shooter for 30+years reloading same 22 hornet to 45/70 I also cast bullets for all but .224 dia. Have even made own brass(reformed case)

highlander said:
Hello Names highlander just joined found site thru mass backwards to quote an old phrase "veery interesting" sight
Shooter for 30+years reloading same 22 hornet to 45/70 I also cast bullets for all but .224 dia. Have even made own brass(reformed case)

Welcome aboard, Highlander!

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

As an FYI, avatars are one of the features offered to "NES Members" (those that pay $19/year membership) -info is on top post of forum index.

Hello...

My name is Anthony and I live in N. Attleboro, MA. I am taking my ltc class in 3 weeks, and can't wait. I have been trying to research the right handgun for me, but until I am licensed, I have only looks, and reputation of hanguns to try to start my selection process. Two guns that have really caught my eye have been the S&W sigma .40, and the PPK/S. As far as use, I want something that will be easily concealed, but a good target gun as well. An all purpose, I guess. Unfortunatly living in MA, there is a small list to choose from. Any insight on the two models I have mentioned? Thanks, Anthony

Hi Anthony welcome to the forums. Living in NA you might want to head over to American Firearms School. They have a good selection of rental guns you can try out and possibly one that may fit you just right.

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here.

Stay FAR away from the Sigma! They were one of the worst S&W designs out there.

Instead take a look at the Walther P99 compact model for concealed carry. I have the Walther P99 in .40 and it isn't a small gun but it is a very good carry gun.

The PPK/s is small but not the greatest target gun. I've read complaints about ammo fussiness on the new ones. Don't know as mine was made in Germany (1971) and I've owned it almost 30 years (mine shoots anything I feed it).

You should get a .22 pistol for cheap practice. Ruger, S&W and High Standard (especially the Hartford, original ones) are usually excellent. S&W P22 can be very fussy on ammo too.

Anthony,

AFS is one of less than a handful of places where you can rent a gun and range time so that you don't buy one only to find out that you hate it shortly afterwards.

thanks for the heads up lens. I was looking at the 99 but I want to purchase a new handgun, and with the MA compliant restrictions, I know my options are limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom