• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Bedford USPSA 6/28/09

Just wanted to remind everybody that we will have our usual USPSA sanctioned match this Sunday. We will have 5 stages including a classifier. Shooter's meeting at 9:20am and first caps at 9:30. Round count will be approx. 120 but as always - bring more. If you're a newbie and have any questions please feel free to PM me here. For the rest of you...

Hope to see you all there!

Will Supermoto be shooting Limited again?

No, I'll be shooting Open, where I belong, I put to much olive oil on my spagetti blaster and it wouldn't run at Manville.

I think the over travel screw moved slightly, The trigger would move enough to drop the hammer, but not enough to allow the firing pin saftey to dis-engage completely. So I had a bunch of light strikes.

I've had similar problems with S&W 1911s. The grip safety activated a fp safety plunger and prevents the trigger from being pulled. At the worst possible times the hammer would drop but the FP saefty wouldn't disengage enough giving a light strike. I just gave up with that gun.

Mike try a Glock- they just work all the time!

I've had similar problems with S&W 1911s. The grip safety activated a fp safety plunger and prevents the trigger from being pulled. At the worst possible times the hammer would drop but the FP saefty wouldn't disengage enough giving a light strike. I just gave up with that gun.

Mike try a Glock- they just work all the time!

I pulled the FP safety out of my SW 1911, I was having the same problems

A glock, I rather have a Jenning[grin]

Pull the plunger out. It was the first thing to go when I shot a squirt gun, years ago.

Thanks Dan.

Back on topic... I'm planning to attend this match- it's a haul but I hate reading about the reviews and excitement of everyone after the match that I didn't attend! Damn I hate that!

I'll probably be in Monson that day - new Bedford matches are bigger, wonderfully run, but a smaller match fits my Sunday schedule a bit better.

I'm shooting Limited again at New Bedford (provided those bullets I ordered come in).

I had played with springs and had few hammer follows/light hits at Manville too. I put things back as they were, just ripped a bunch of bill drills at lunch, and it was was A-ok.

Knowing this, Supermoto is probably shooting open. If I take any more of his money he is probably going to have to ask the Mrs. for an advance on his allowance.

This is going to be my 1st USPSA match. I've shot some IDPA and am interested in checking out this game as well.

I can't wait
Steve

Steve P,

Hope to see you Sunday - you'll have a great time! Make sure the RO for your squad knows that you're new to USPSA. He/She will make sure you are down the shooting order so you can see how others shoot the stages. We want to make sure that new competitors are comfortable and can safely negotiate the COF's (courses of fire). If you do really well of course, the special treatment won't last long. [grin]

Also, get there a little early so you can scope the ranges, walk through the stages (AKA the USPSA conga line which is allowed in USPSA), find the safe tables, sign up, and have plenty of time to get your equipment ready to go.

See you there...

Really looking forward to shooting Sunday. Love it when the bays are small and snug! Gotta take apart my gun first and see why there were so many light primer strikes in Manville...thinking of shooting some Limited too for some practice...eventually (dark side is too fun!).

Really looking forward to shooting Sunday. Love it when the bays are small and snug! Gotta take apart my gun first and see why there were so many light primer strikes in Manville...thinking of shooting some Limited too for some practice...eventually (dark side is too fun!).

See you there. Shooting an IDPA match Saturday at Pioneer in NH, staying the night up there and driving to New Bedford Sunday AM.

Great weekend.

I'm shooting Limited again at New Bedford (provided those bullets I ordered come in).

Knowing this, Supermoto is probably shooting open. If I take any more of his money he is probably going to have to ask the Mrs. for an advance on his allowance.

Ouch!!! As long as you guys stay out of Production I don't care where you shoot...

:)

See you all Sunday,
-Cuz

This is going to be my 1st USPSA match. I've shot some IDPA and am interested in checking out this game as well.

I can't wait
Steve

Steve- the ability to drop partially loaded mags is a wonderful feeling. And when you see a wall or barricade- DON'T try to use it as cover!

And there are more things to be aware of... unlike IDPA- if you hit a no shoot more than once... you get a penalty for EACH hit! And don't let anyone kid you... if you're shooting production ( I think that is where you will be)... it isn't all about speed- you need to shoot As!

Bottom line- if your memory is sharp and you can remember what targets are where you will have a blast! [smile] Actually you will have a blast anyway!

thinking of shooting some Limited too for some practice...eventually (dark side is too fun!).

why is open the dark side? i disagree, if anything open should be the bright side, we have scopes that light up. We should be the opposite of the dark side, which I guess is the Rebellion.
And besides, take a look at Han Solo's blaster, and tell me that thing is legal in anything but Open
its got some sorta scope, and a comp on there
Han Solo was the first Open shooter!

All right, you guys have convinced me. I've decided that that neither Open or Limited are dark at all....it's revolvers! Because guns with that wheel shaped multi-cylinder that only have six shots don't make sense...and they scare me. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom