• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New AR Suggestions

If you were buying a new AR (no AWB restriction) what would you go with?

• Daniel Defense

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Knight's Armament

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • LMT

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Bravo Company

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Noveske

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • H&K

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Barrett

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Battle Arms Development

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LWRC

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • LaRue

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
No love for Cobalt Kinetics or Q?
Gotta go Gucci if you're able too. :cool:

I'd love to get a complete BCM recce at some point. I like my mk2 upper, so I'm biased.

JP, LMT, Knights if money were truly no object. IMHO, JP makes a better BCG than anyone else- particularly the bolts.

Though I could afford one of the above, I'd spend the money on something non-AR and no longer own any AR's that I didn't assemble. Pretty much all match guns and range toys, though they are all reliable and could be depended upon for defense / SHTF situations.

For personal education, it's this because JPs are optimized for the shooting you do, or something else?

I think they are the best factory rifle made. The trigger is awesome. The barrel are very accurate. You can get a competition one that so far has been the best factory rifle I have shot, flat soft and extremely accurate without sacrificing reliablity. Or you can get a more self defense style version.
I think everything they do is very well thought out and done right.
I have shot a bunch of different rifles and many are very good, but I have get to shoot one that tops a JP.

That said, I don't think you can go wrong with any on the list. I really like my DD LW 14.5 It is accurate and light, and reliable.

Geissele super duty complete rifle. BCM is always a sound choice. KAC is great, but definetly overpriced. I could see myself going for a Noveske, maybe.

I don't care about ambi or modified controls, as someone else said I own a pile of ARs and am happy with how they work, don't want some being different..

As far as mil spec lowers, my preference are integral trigger guards, flared magwells, etc... Aero enhanced lowers are nice, generally they take mil spec parts but some of the pins are replaced with threaded allens, enhanced buffer tubes fully capture the buffer retainer, a bunch of little non mil spec improvements that make a better lower.

A DD upper is threaded with 4 1/4-20 bolts to secure the guard, that is waaay off mil spec but really about as good as it gets. Others do similar in various ways (Aero uses 8 torx in their receiver)..

Basically I am saying mil spec is not really what you want all around, is ok and fine but isn't desirable as a blanket statement.

Just to add on to my earlier posts, the KAC trigger was a lot better than my heavy, gritty pleb triggers on my homebrew frankenguns. I dont have a lot of experience with really high quality triggers but the KAC was smooth and light.

Tough one. I’ve had a hardcore freedom boner for a Mk18 Clone. But I also would like to to a 308, and even a KISS rifle for the wife.

But, I think you should ad Sons Of Liberty Gun Works

POF, BCI, Windham?

I would build. I don’t like buying a rifle and replacing parts that are serviceable with ones I prefer. Even on some of my builds I end up swapping parts around. You end up looking at them differently after you start building your own.

POF, BCI, Windham?

I would build. I don’t like buying a rifle and replacing parts that are serviceable with ones I prefer. Even on some of my builds I end up swapping parts around. You end up looking at them differently after you start building your own.

I think he is going to build. He wants to stick to one manufacturer as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom