• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New AK rail system

Redneck

NES Member
Just found this new AK rail system, talked to CEO/President of the company who makes it and he sent me concept pictures and pictures of the actual rail system on the gun. I'm going to provide the link below. If anyone can help me out with loading the pics on here, thanks all.

http://www.parabellumarmament.com

I like the looks of that.
As long as the part that fits into the where the sight can be used for a back up sight.
I'd like to know if this would work on my rifle.
Who knows be a tester for this product.

But alas, I tried to send them an email and it would not work.
Tried calling but the number would not work for me.
They need some IT help real bad.

smitty

Last edited:
Dupe reply but still classy.

Rifle_Is_Fine1.png

I have been in constant contact with him since we first chatted and i just spoke with him and he told me to post this email address to contact him through. [email protected] If you have any problems contacting him just let me know, i speak to him almost daily. Also I have more pictures if anyone wants to see, just send me ur email address and I will send them out to ya.

Does it have some provision for backup sight?
What I mean is there a sight notch where the sight rises up and goes into where the standart type AK rear sight would mount up?

I'd like to see what the unit looks like from behind it - IE from beind the stock a shooters view.
smitty

There is a back up iron sight built into the AKARS, also your optics will co witness. If you like, I can send you some pictures.

Last edited:
I've always been under the impression that sights integrated onto the dust cover of an AK are doomed to not hold zero, hence the side rib for mounting a wrap-around rail. I have no experience with this however, as I only have the wrap-around rail.

David Fortier and Marco Vorobiev have both reviewed the AKARS. Marco Vorobiev, a former spetsnaz, is writing an article on it in shotgun news titled Pimp My AK. So if its good enough to have an article written by an ex spetsnaz, then I would assume its not junk.

I am confused about their website, is the rail actually for sale? Is it some strange "testing phase" purgatory? A few crappy Youtube videos seem to be all they really can offer.
Also with all the many variants of AK's out there, is this one size fits all? Leaning toward TWS on this one . . .

The rail system is for sale, and it fits all variants, including galils and siagas. If you wish to purchase a rail system contact the CEO/President Andrew via email, he will take care of everything.

Just shot Andrew an email, I'm gonna give it a try. I like smaller companies, usually they have a better product, matter of survival. My Saiga needs an improvement over the side rail attachment. It still has the scope riding too high, needs to come down that 1/2 inch or so. Also, my Saiga is my bug out gun, works in everything and eats 223/5.56, no M4 tolerances too worry about. Don't get me wrong, I love my AR's, got a few of them, but the AK platform runs in damn near every condition after 1000 rounds down the pipe with no cleaning. Just been looking for something solid to mount a EOTECH 556 on.

You won't regret it, Andrew is a good man, if you do not get a reply with in a day, just let me know and I will give him a ring on his cell.

I dont like the receiver cover rails. I just used handguard ones and threw a RMR on it, and it has both Iron sights and a amber dot at the same time.

sc1.jpg

"War sucks, your gear shouldn't!" -PARABELLUM ARMAMENT CO.

Hey Fellas,
Though I admit that I am an Ohio boy & not a Northeast Shooter, I hope that ya'll don't mind if I tag along on the thread to field any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns. Thanks for the emails.

For the record...Krebs was the pioneer on the first AK rail, is still a pioneer of innovation & will be on for a while. In addition to being a good guy, he is also a lagit gunsmith... which is rare.

I also like the Midwest Industries/US Palm model (Picture seen above). They teamed up and came up with a sleek little design for the use of a micro red dot. Not to mention, if it came out of Troy Storch's (owner of Midwest Industries) shop, you know ur product will out last you. He makes most Foremans look like a high school shop class. I met Troy out @ the SHOT Show this year. In fact, I showed him AKARS & has pitched in on the AKARS project...but I digress.

Andrew C. Edge
President/CEO
Parabellum Armament Co.
"War sucks, your gear shouldn't!"

Last edited:
AKARS Guy/Andrew

BTW- It isn't a "reciever cover rail" b/c it freefloats over the top cover like Krebs design. Neither mine or Krebs is dependent on the top cover...like the dog.

Please, do not associate our design with some AirSoft concept and/or Texas's..now theirs is a true blue Top Cover "design". In which I would agree with you... garbage (yeah I said it). How's that for professionalism?

Our system has 3 points of contact creating a triangle brace, in which the 3rd point of contact is the bread and butter of this girl. The two outside/exterior "fingers" support the hinge against the sight block. These outside fingers apply counter pressure to stop side-2-side chatter (exactly like the M249). While the middle brace (almost said middle finger), applies pressure downward against the rear sight leaf spring. Thus leaving the top covers with the supporting role of just preventing rail system from flying up, due to the pressure from leaf sight spring.

All of the designed with combat in mind, by combat soldiers, while in a combat zone. Things like speeding up field strip time, getting rail low enough to co-witness to the built in rear sight, so soldiers could lollipop optics to front sight post. This saves time in the field trying to get your initial zero dialed in.

The sight picture is almost totally traditional Russian block style, but with an American twist. This is a 45 degree angled wall, lining the outside of built in sight. This was designed into AKARS, to help eliminate glare (day) or shadowing (dusk), while aiming down back up sight. Guaranteeing you the same sight picture …any time, every time.

All in all, I still think you have great taste & a good looking gat. Like I said in my last post… Midwest Industries is top notch & I appreciated where you are coming from, however this aint no dog and we are from the Mid-West. No top cover w/a 1913 thrown on top over here.

Still, good taste.
Edge-OUT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom