• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions - October 2015

Switched to this model a month ago and can now actually see/hit what I'm shooting at in IDPA low light stages. You'll definitely "see" a difference.

Got my 20" 6.5 grendel upper from radical firearms today. Now I need to get some glass for it. image.jpg

And picked up a police trade in 870 for a good price at the Marlboro show last weekend
image.jpg

Last edited:
My #ObamaGun.

Basic model 66 357 six shooter.

9927ffff35a23f6f266ddcf07e6a14f0.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought this yesterday from an NES member. It is a 20 gauge double barrel Howdah pistol made by Pedersoli in Italy. When I was about 12 I was given a book about the history of firearms and there was a paragrah and photo of a Howdah pistol. I was intrigued and always wanted one. A Howdah is the basket on an elephants back that people ride in. In 19th century India a popular pastime was hunting tigers from a Howdah. Occasionally the enraged tiger would leap up onto the elephants back and into the Howdah. Although my personal thought is "yay tiger" I am sure it was very unpleasant for the occupants of the Howdah. The British developed the short, heavy caliber Howdah pistol as a last ditch back up gun. They were usually smoothbores without sights that fired a large roundball (20 gauge = .61 caliber) over a very heavy powder charge. Not particularly accurate, but devastating at bad breath range. Additionally since British officers were required to supply their own sidearms some carried this pistol as their duty weapon. Being a smoothbore it could be loaded with a solid ball, buck and ball or buckshot. When percussion revolvers were in their infancy and were viewed as somewhat unreliable and finicky, the Howdah pistol offered two very fast and reliable shots that could stop a man in his tracks. A desirable feature when facing a man with a sharp, pointy object (or a tiger). As the transition from muzzle loader to metalic cartridge evolved the Howdah pistol still maintained it's limited popularity by being chambered in large caliber rounds like the .577. This reproduction pictured is fairly close to what they looked like. I think this could be a good choice for a pumpkin shoot.

20151003_214331(0).jpg

Hey October has been good to me. Got my form 4 back YHM 9mm wraith and my form 1 to start building my sub gun. Both took just over 2 months. My wife might not be my biggest fan right now but I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:
gBhleeh.jpg

Half Face Blades Crow Scout 2. Waited a good 7 months to get this. Andy is a former seal, doing stupid nice work, and donates a good chunk of every portion to the Seal Future Fund, which is a fantastic organization. It has skyrocketed up my things I own to one of my very favorites.

MlaBoss, Looks like you had a little homework to do...Nothing worse then getting a BATFE envelope only to realize it does not contain a stamp...

MlaBoss, Looks like you had a little homework to do...Nothing worse then getting a BATFE envelope only to realize it does not contain a stamp...

Heh, yeah the model, barrel length, and overall length were wrong. The seller got the actual form to correct and return, I just got a copy of the letter explaining what was up. Luckily the turnaround on the correction was pretty quick, about 2 weeks.

crushing disappointment. i know those feels.

i dicked up my e-form 1 that i submitted monday, an examiner was chill enough to fix it for me, all i had to do was authorize the change and poof it went off to pending. thanks, homie. you may work for the enemy but you did me a solid and saved me some time.

i dicked up my e-form 1 that i submitted monday, an examiner was chill enough to fix it for me, all i had to do was authorize the change and poof it went off to pending. thanks, homie. you may work for the enemy but you did me a solid and saved me some time.

My experience, and the experiences of others I have spoken to, is that the people working at the NFA branch are complete professionals and are good at "customer service". The fact that they are responsible for enforcing shitty laws is a separate issue.

I had a similar thing happen...The designator on Spikes lowers is SBR/SAR-[followed by the serial number]. It kind of throws you off, too because it is in a different font/depth than the serial number itself. I just included the five digit S/N and got it kicked back....added two weeks onto my stamp because I did not include three characters that are found on most Spikes....

All of my stamps are in and I miss that "night before christmas" feeling waiting on them. I feel like I need something else to live for now. Maybe I should find a new toy....

Mlaboss.....NICE buy! Congrats.

Mine was not a gun....IWC Worldtimer....who doesn't need to know what time it is in Dhaka:

image.jpg

Was fortunate to have been given some guns this month from family members that no longer wanted them. None of them are really valuable money wise, but have come from my father and uncle and have been in family for some time. The older shotguns are really not even comparable in quality to a new shot gun like my 870 for example. The finish is nicer, the fit is nicer, the wood is nicer, etc. in the older ones.

Forehand Arms, 12G?
JC Higgins 1011 16G
Marlin 336 R.C. .35 Rem
Sears Model 66 semi 12G

3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Another one, winchester defender 12G that I would like to add ghost rings to.

1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And one last one, a Sears 101.7 double barrel 410 with original box and instructions. This is at least 3 generations now and I plan to give to my son some day.

2.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Les Baer 5" Monolith:
-1.5" 50 yard group guarantee
-3.5# trigger and action job
-Ambi Safety

knq0kXY.jpg

Total tackdriver. First time I shot it was probably my best session of .45 target shooting in my life.

Back
Top Bottom