• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions July

287iyrr.jpg

Kind of a hybrid. Mk46 Mod1 receiver with a 20" M249 barrel. This is one of the Great Machine builds which use modified HK G3 trigger packs. It's a title one firearm as it fires from a closed bolt however I did drop a post-sample G3 trigger pack in it so it's capable of full auto as all the internals are full auto parts.

Savage Axis II in 308

H7K6Jyk.jpg

Ya boy!! That is great man, we are going to have to go out with our BoomSticks and get some long range practice in.
I actually finally made it down to the club for the first time in months last week Wednesday, was not there long but felt great to be back.

287iyrr.jpg

Kind of a hybrid. Mk46 Mod1 receiver with a 20" M249 barrel. This is one of the Great Machine builds which use modified HK G3 trigger packs. It's a title one firearm as it fires from a closed bolt however I did drop a post-sample G3 trigger pack in it so it's capable of full auto as all the internals are full auto parts.

i like how you party. i'll host you at monadnock dude.

Ya boy!! That is great man, we are going to have to go out with our BoomSticks and get some long range practice in.
I actually finally made it down to the club for the first time in months last week Wednesday, was not there long but felt great to be back.

Cleaned off the factory grease last night so it's all ready to go. Got a case of Federal Gold Medal ammo so I'm ready for action! I'll be at the club Saturday morning for match setup and then sighting my new rifle in.

I've wanted one of these since middle school 35+ years ago when I learned about the Civil War. M1861 US Springfield, .58 caliber rifle musket. All correct and original save reproduction nipple and incorrect, but original M63 rounded middle band. Plenty of rifling for shooting. Markings are weak, but there.

T

- - - Updated - - -

Picked this out myself at CMP South; SA in FG, 358K 10/1941 production. By coincidence, it sits in a correct GHS/SA stock. All parts are 1941/1942 production save a 3+/4 SA 11/46 barrel, WRA milled TG, post-war SA op rod, HRA op-rod bracket, and WRA peep sight. Stock needs touching up and cleaning, action needs greasing, and then we're off to the range.

T

Sorry. I couldn't figure out why it was flipping the photo when I added it.

Thanks Canndo for fixing it.

Sorry. I couldn't figure out why it was flipping the photo when I added it.

Thanks Canndo for fixing it.
No problem. [thumbsup] I had to flip it to get a better look at it anyways. Good luck!

Last edited:
Traded away a S&W 500 I had a few years ago and it has been the one I most regretted in selling/trading

Picked up a nice replacement with 4" barrel this weekend from another member

IMG_3765_zps86b4033d.jpg

IMG_3767_zps408ab51c.jpg

Got it to the range this weekend as well - nothing quite like it to shoot!

This will force me to finally start reloading ;)

287iyrr.jpg

10553437_940540415973141_4259597189187154027_n.jpg

New Savage Model 11VT. Came with crap scope but I intend to replace it with something better along with the stock eventually.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom