New Acquisitions July 2023

Since I already have several pistols in .45 Colt (some SAAs and a Derringer), I figured I was about due for a rifle. So, I picked up this Henry Big Boy a couple of days ago, and just mounted a Leupold scope I had bought for another Henry but had decided against using:

full

Frank

I don't post half what I buy buy every now and then there is something I think is special. This month this is the first of two.

First a little hint

Trading away my first one was my most regrettable firearms transaction ever. Now that I have a replacement, I'll never repeat that mistake.

Even though she doesn't get much range time, Me Little Armalite is one of my all-time favorites. Enjoy it! Looks good: is it a Howa? If it's a Sterling, it's uncommonly well-finished.

Trading away my first one was my most regrettable firearms transaction ever. Now that I have a replacement, I'll never repeat that mistake.

Even though she doesn't get much range time, Me Little Armalite is one of my all-time favorites. Enjoy it! Looks good: is it a Howa? If it's a Sterling, it's uncommonly well-finished.
Sterling

I kind of assumed it had been refinished, but after a close look by myself and some other we aren't so sure. If it was refinished they did a great job, or I just got lucky. There have been some large collections hitting Rock Island lately and some really high quality stuff coming out.

Sterling

I kind of assumed it had been refinished, but after a close look by myself and some other we aren't so sure. If it was refinished they did a great job, or I just got lucky. There have been some large collections hitting Rock Island lately and some really high quality stuff coming out.

My Sterling is on the nicer side too. The Howa I used to have had better welds, but the finish on this one is on a par with it.

I think I get lucky with finishes on rifles that are legendary for being dogshit. My Maadi is gorgeous too, and those are supposed to look like they were finished with creosote.

I got this 1911 from 1918 on GB from RI, with my C&R. I had one previously, sold it to a fellow NESer, and immediately regretted it.

WW1 and WW2 1911/1911A1s are my favorites, but too expensive to have a significant collection.

View attachment 770299View attachment 770300
if you ever want to regret selling this one to an NESer, i call dibs

Meanwhile, i picked this beauty up at Ikea yesterday.
I've wanted an E.G. or Arsenal for the longest time... i had to settle for a CZ82, now i'm "settling" for the IJ70, lol

Still on the lookout for a C&R eligible Mak

(The P64 arrives saturday)

Attachments

• 20230720_145617.jpg
    20230720_145617.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230720_145542.jpg
    20230720_145542.jpg
    821.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom