New Acquisitions for September 2009!

This was actually aquired a few months ago, but I just finished a few final details. My first AR! [grin]

IMG_1729.jpg

Congrats!! - Is that logo a castle? Who makes those? Cool AR [grin]

I have found what is IMHO the most comfortable and discreet IWB holster/gun combo. During the past few years I have tried numerous iwb bolsters including the C-Tac, M-Tac, Milt Sparks watch Six, and the Bianchi Pro 100. While all of these were relatively comfortable there was always something that made them less than ideal. With my newest acquisition I have no complaints. It's a Nick Mathews #1. I think the keys to it's comfort are the cant and the all leather construction. Having the belt loops on either side of the gun rather than on top of it help minimize printing. I can now wear just a t-shirt with no worries. I couldn't do that with the other holsters. My G26 (acquired in August) just disappears. Wait time was a very reasonable 4 weeks and Nick was great to deal with. Here's the link: www.nm-holsters.com
IMG_4353.jpg

Last edited:
Did I ever mention that I have a thing for .22 trainers ?
Another two added to the herd this week.

My 2nd Walther Sportmodell V (the 1st came without a rear sight)
gross_rechts.jpg

system_oben.jpg

and a Mauser ES 340 B
gross_rechts-1.jpg

system_links-1.jpg

backe.jpg

Will add a Mauser Mod. 71 (Danzig 1876) and a Mod. 71/84 (Spandau 1888) later today.
Need the cam's batteries to charge first.

Last edited:
My newest IDPA and USPSA toy....Glock 34

P1010059.jpg

Steve

Nice gun Steve_P.
Always room for another Production Division USPSA shooter.
The G34 is by far the best Glock... IMHO.

Don't waste time experimenting with holsters, get yourself a Blade-Tech and start with the best right from day one.

-Cuz.

second half if yesterdays acquisitions.

my new Compass Lake dedicated .22lr upper (installed) sitting next to my CLE DCM upper

DSC_2505.jpg

and the groups it'll shoot (sitting/unslung)...unfortunately i dont have enough adjustment on the sights to shoot center on the 50ft smallbore rifle targets

DSC_2504.jpg

I just purchased my first gun from a very good friend of mine today!! It's a S&W Sigma .40. Can't wait to take it out to the range.

IMG_4006.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

Thanks again Kiver!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dang. LOVE that nickel 228. Where did you find it?

Right here on NES! i was in love as soon as i saw it! born in the 80's and its dead mint! traded my gsg-5 and s&w j-frame for it. the previous owner had a very hard time parting with it he told me. but no worrys Lou ill take good care of it.

Last edited:
Right here on NES! i was in love as soon as i saw it! born in the 80's and its dead mint! traded my gsg-5 and s&w j-frame for it. the previous owner had a very hard time parting with it he told me. but no worrys Lou ill take good care of it.

I remember the ad for that one and was seriously tempted. I'd have made that trade as well.

Wow... I can't believe I missed that ad [sad2] I would have beat you to it!! [smile]

Enjoy it... it's a beauty.

Been away a bit and laying low, but I picked these up over August and early September.

Thompson Center Hawken .54
TCHawken001.jpg

Kahr K-9
1895CB007.jpg

2 Uberti's Remington 1858 .36 and Colt 1860 .44
1895CB006.jpg

Uberti Henry .45 Colt
1895CB004.jpg

Thompsom Center Renegade Hunter .50
1895CB001-1.jpg

Marlin 1895CB .45-70
1895CB001.jpg

I just picked this up. Excuse the quality of the pictures, I'll do better when I can get outside to do some in natural light.

All Bushmaster AR15 with A3/M4 upper, 20" target barrel, iron sights. MA compliant, of course. I plan on a few accessories, but I don't plan for it to become a Tacticool rifle.

AR15L.jpg

AR15R.jpg

Nice gun Steve_P.
Always room for another Production Division USPSA shooter.
The G34 is by far the best Glock... IMHO.

Don't waste time experimenting with holsters, get yourself a Blade-Tech and start with the best right from day one.

-Cuz.

Thanks Cuz,
I started with a G17. I bought the 34 to use as my main gun, so I will have the 17 as a backup in case I ever have problems.
I've been shooting USPSA and IDPA this season. My main holster is a TKW...works out really well for IDPA.
Next season I may go to a bladetech DOH with a C&R belt for production.
Steve

Don't know if I can call this a Sept acquisition, but I completed building it this month. My first AR ever, based on the 2008 lower NES buy. Original GI barrel, FSB, and stock set. Now all I have to do is find some ammo and try it out.

The actual build was really fun and very simple. If you haven't done it, you should try it.

nes46right%20800x179.jpg

nes46left%20800x226.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know if I can call this a Sept acquisition, but I completed building it this month. My first AR ever, based on the 2008 lower NES buy. Original GI barrel, FSB, and stock set. Now all I have to do is find some ammo and try it out.

The actual build was really fun and very simple. If you haven't done it, you should try it.

Nice job Pilgrim! Looks like you went retro on that AR.

Just bought this today.

It won’t be in my hands for a while but worth the wait.

I’ve been looking for this item to handle bears for a long time.

I spotted another black bear last night that caught the scent of one of my does that is about to go into labor.

I won’t be relying on it alone it will be a backup to my DSA Stainless steel FAL.

Just need to come up with some soft point ammo for the FAL, I have plenty of FMJ 308 but I’m told that the soft point is what I need to do max damage.

attachment.php

Attachments

• pix696999265.jpg
    pix696999265.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 518
So what is it exactly? I really like the non-fluted cylinder.

Just bought this today.

It won’t be in my hands for a while but worth the wait.

I’ve been looking for this item to handle bears for a long time.

I spotted another black bear last night that caught the scent of one of my does that is about to go into labor.

I won’t be relying on it alone it will be a backup to my DSA Stainless steel FAL.

Just need to come up with some soft point ammo for the FAL, I have plenty of FMJ 308 but I’m told that the soft point is what I need to do max damage.

attachment.php

My first AR15, just picked it up yesterday. It's a stag model 3 with promag flip up sights.

I took this with my cell phone so the quality sucks, I forgot my camera at work.
myAR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom