New acquisitions for September 2007

Ruger New Vaquero .44 Special

Definately worth the wait(7 months). If I had a tail, I would wag it. [smile]
My .44 Special New Vaquero arrived today from Clements Custom Gunsmithing.
The first four shots went into a nice 3/4" group at 50', then I opened it up to 1" with the last shot.
There is nothing like the feeling of having of having a gun built just exactly like you want it.
David Clements is a real master of his craft and a nice guy to boot!

P1080235m-vi.jpg

I picked myself up a numbers matching Mauser K98 (non-Russian capture) today. It is a byf 41, so it was manufactured by Mauser Werke A.G., Oberndorf-am-Neckar in 1941

k98-4.jpg

k98-3.jpg

k98-1.jpg

Great looking K98 tw. You can bet I'd have looked long and hard at it or took it home Saturday morning if Terry had put that one on the table in Marlboro this weekend. [smile]
Expect to pay about $55 for a post war (not modern repro but real 40's/50's era German) sling off e bay. Thats how I got mine.

He's got an almost identical K98, only that one has a sling and the stock looks a tad nicer.

I was actually starting to worry about one of you guys buying it if I didn't buy it this week. As soon as Terry told me that they were going to the Marlboro show, i started to sweat. It was then that I realized I needed to buy it ASAP.

Also, thanks for the tip about the sling.

It actually came in a couple weeks ago but I wanted to get it cleaned up before showing it:
IMG_0419.jpg

CMP Service grade, September '43 receiver and October '64 barrel. Wood was in decent shape with no special cartouches. Looking forward to some range time next week.

One of these das I need to add a K98K, an SMLE, and a Moisin to my collection.
Ranger, Richie Callaghan has a nice No 4 Mk1 (I think that's the right model...) in his shop for $150. I almost bought it... in fact, I did but swapped it out a couple of days later for the scoped SMLE I showed earlier in this thread. I'd hit his shop BEFORE the show, as I'm sure it'll go with him to the show this weekend.
CMP Service grade, September '43 receiver and October '64 barrel.
Very nice!!!

My trophy from the GOAL Heritage Banquet last Friday:

MarlinModelGolden39-A008.jpg

Marlin Golden 39-A .22S/L/LR. Lever action, 19-round capacity (assault rifle!), 98%. It's gorgeous.

Here's the whole thing:

MarlinModelGolden39-A002.jpg

Yeah, I'm happy with it...

[smile][smile][smile]

Ah yes, Mr. Self Control!

I had intended to bid on more guns, too, actually. So , yes, I was Mr. Self Control Friday night. [grin]

The Security Six would have been a perfect complement to the Marlin, too... Unfortunately, I was busy doing the paperwork on the Marlin when bidding started...

My Marlboro Show purchase

I got me a nice 10/22 at the show to get my sons started as riflemen. [smile]

RugerSmall.jpg

And because I had not shown my toys before, here they are:

WASR-10
AkSmall.jpg

Sigma 9mm
SigmaSmall.jpg

Walther P-22
P22Small.jpg

I was thinking about getting my son a 10/22 but I found something a little more interesting today at the show.

Code26a.jpg

A code 26 SKS with no import markings, just a serial number. Terry from Collector's swears its a Vietnam bringback that he got from an old man but with no papers I'll just take his word for it with no proof. I took the rifle apart and can't find a single import stamp anywhere though. Even the other 26 I have with the been there done that look has a small China stamp on the receiver. This one has nothing but some wear and is in original finish.

I was thinking about getting my son a 10/22 but I found something a little more interesting today at the show.

Code26a.jpg

A code 26 SKS with no import markings, just a serial number. Terry from Collector's swears its a Vietnam bringback that he got from an old man but with no papers I'll just take his word for it with no proof. I took the rifle apart and can't find a single import stamp anywhere though. Even the other 26 I have with the been there done that look has a small China stamp on the receiver. This one has nothing but some wear and is in original finish.

Very nice SKS! I love the look, used but not abused.

Yes, that was a great find for a great price. Terry (and Bob) are both stand-up guys.

Enjoy and I'm sure that Jake will too when he's old enough to appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom