New Acquisitions for October 2010

I finally picked up my 1907 Savage. It's dated to 1916 and is part of the contract Savage filled for the French during WWI.

IMG_6804.jpg

IMG_6800.jpg

IMG_6802.jpg

It's funny to think of a striker fired semi-auto pistol with no screws was being made in 1916.

The bore on this is beautiful with a lightly frosted sharp rifling. The only problem with buying this is I can see there's a 1917 Savage in my near future.

That's a sweet lookin' pistol!

In case you don't already know about this cool Savage website, you should check it out—lots of great info, all in one place—designed by NES's very own EddieCoyle.

In case you don't already know about this cool Savage website, you should check it out—lots of great info, all in one place—designed by NES's very own EddieCoyle.

That Savage 1907 is sweet! I actually stumbled on that website a way back, didn't know an NES'er made it. Those old adds are awesome!
1910ad.gif

Yeah, Jim has been an inspiration in my search for the right pistol. I've been hooked on getting one for several months now and I really wanted one a little different than a standard 1907. I waited too long to move on a few military contract pieces on GunBroker. On this one, the description was about 5 words long and the pictures were only so-so. I took a chance and bought it. I think I got a nice one.

I will own a 1917...

not a gun but..............

hornady LNL clasic
lyman 2500 tumbler
rcbs case trimmer
many dies...................
finished gathering all things need to start reloading also replaced some old equipment.

I also aquired a good amount of bullets,powder and primers.

stocking up on brass for years

You know that this is the gallery right?.... as in... a place to show photos of what you have... [wink] [smile]

@ this time it would look like a pile of junk...................reload room has become a storage area in recent past....pics to come when all set up.

My new R.I.A GI .45

For the price I couldn't go wrong seeing I never thought I would own a 1911 or a clone..I actually got hooked on buying one after the "most over rated gun" thread.

I put 350 rounds through it this week and I'm pleased with it.

Picture850.jpg

Last edited:
That Galil clone in 22 Magnum looks neat. I'd have probably grabbed that if I'd have seen it at Strickland's. Are you bringing it to the pumpkin shoot?

Yes, i will bring it to the shoot.
As always the invitation is open to any NES member to try.
FYI...One of the mags FTF for the first two rounds consistently, but the remaining eight shots cycle perfectly. I was using 30 grain hornady ammo. Maybe weak mag spring?, try different(heavier)ammo.

that's the funny thing about the one i have.the ones i can find pics of either have FN,BROWNING or PSA on the grips.mine says KASSNER but the slide says PSP-25 charlottesville va.

I picked up a Colt Double Eagle Officer's Model in .45 ACP last week. Because who doesn't need another 1911-pattern gun?

DSC00058.jpg

However, this one was calling my name particularly loudly because if it came home with me then Adam and I would have a his & hers set of Double Eagles....my Officer's Model and his full-size in 10 mm. [smile]

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

Picked this up in a trade. Sig 226 9mm NIB. I cant wait to take to the range tommorow. Stock photo, "Mine looks better" [smile]
pix1812216031.jpg

Last edited:
I snagged this NIB Taurus PT845
It was though a local radio station's(WCCC) "Fun for Adults" 50% off promo.....$277 out the door (tx Delta Arsenal Meriden, CT)! I couldn't pass it up.

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02973.jpg

DSC02974.jpg

DSC02975.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom