New Acquisitions for May 2010

No guns this month but it does consist of fancy materials and it's mechanical. I bought this kit from Colt_fan's shop. It's a great place to do business with.

20090917_040404_Force_2010.jpg

My 10 year old titanium frame should now last another 10 years.

Took a ride to Remsport yesterday with the lower and upper I picked up off the group buys this winter. I’d already put in the trigger group and had a stock for it. He put on a 14.5 inch barrel and the rest of what you see here.

John is a great guy and really knows his way around the shop. He was also kind enough to fix a few things that I did to the upper while trying to put it together with makeshift tools on my kitchen table. He also gave me a few ideas on how I can spend a lot more money there. Those might have to wait for a little while but I will be headed back there as soon as I can.

View attachment 10617

I really like the looks (and price) of the Magpul handguards. Very nice work!!

Here are my new pick up's:

Bavarian Rural Police NPM carbine
"Rusty" Kimber 82g ( a very very TINY amount of surface rust that cleaned up nice)
Field Grade Winchester M1
and an AR15 ( Ive had the upper for awhile but after waiting nearly three months for a lower that never came bought a Spikes lower)

DSC_0141.jpg

Here are my new pick up's:

Bavarian Rural Police NPM carbine
"Rusty" Kimber 82g ( a very very TINY amount of surface rust that cleaned up nice)
Field Grade Winchester M1
and an AR15 ( Ive had the upper for awhile but after waiting nearly three months for a lower that never came bought a Spikes lower)

DSC_0141.jpg

Forget the guns, that chair kicks ass!

First acquisition of 2010. I picked it up from FS this morning. It is my first 1911. Its aonly an auto-ordnance 1911A1 WWII model but for $489 I don't think its to bad to get into a 1911 to start off with.

1cc0da9e.jpg

59fd096a.jpg

Posting this for the wife who picked it up this morning from Match Shot in Gardner. She’s been in need of a plinker for the sand pits for a while since she didn’t like my 22a much.

108_0877.jpg

Posting this for the wife who picked it up this morning from Match Shot in Gardner. She’s been in need of a plinker for the sand pits for a while since she didn’t like my 22a much.

View attachment 10740

Is that a 929?

I have a 4' blued 929 that I bought new as my first handgun many moons ago.

I also have an H&R 970 blank pistol that I use for dog training. It looks like it uses the same frame as the gun in your picture.

Is that a 929?

I have a 4' blued 929 that I bought new as my first handgun many moons ago.

I also have an H&R 970 blank pistol that I use for dog training. It looks like it uses the same frame as the gun in your picture.

It's a 930 which is the 929 with a chrome finish, although it looks stainless steel to me. I have the 960 blank pistol too and the frame is close enough that I think I could use parts from one on the other. I've already considered (if only for a second) swapping the hammers because the one on the 960 is lower and gives you a better view of the rear sight on a double action pull.

Back
Top Bottom