New Acquisitions for May 2010

New shooter so this is also my first.

Picked this up on Tuesday - MarkIII Talo Edition - loved the wood grips and the HiViz sights

Can't wait to shoot it - probably this Friday.\

IMG_2441_b.jpg

Nice choice!

I kind of wish my Mark III had the fiber sites on it...but I guess that's what Midway and Brownells are for [grin]

Enjoy it!

i'm pretty sure the 3rd gens add the tac rail

For the larger framed glocks there was this "transitive" period where there was no light rail but they got finger grooves. Some people refer to these as "Gen 2.5s". The guns smaller than the G19/23/32/29/30 never got light rails, I don't think.

-Mike

To follow on Mikes' remarks.

I seem to recall reading (some years ago) that Glock found that some sub-compacts wouldn't operate RELIABLY if something was hung off the front rail in their testing, and thus decided not to add the rails to the sub-compact series of guns. Now this is from "fuzzy memory" and may or may not still be true with the current (non-MA compliant) generations of Glocks.

Anyone wanting more definitive info on it should call Glock's customer service number and talk with Fred. He's a great source of good info on Glocks and any problems/issues that customers might incur.

H&R M1 - not from the CMP, one of the recent imports. Metal is fine with no rust anywhere but the muzzle is very worn.

DSC02014.jpg

As I said, sold off some of my rifles to streamline things. I LOVED having an SBR about the apartment, and I missed my 10.5" LMT that went to a deserving home. So, now that I had extra funds and eating ramen for a bit, I picked up a BCM 12.5" Upper Receiver Group.

Leaning against the wall
BCM125.jpg

Family photo of mom and kids.
BCM1-1.jpg

Work in progress, but like my other builds, doing it right the first time.

Upper Receiver Group OL: 21"
Rifle w/ stock fully collapsed: 29"
Rifle w/ stock fully extended: 32"

If your building a SBR I'd highly take a look at a 12.5" barrel.

Last edited:
SIG 239 9mm. Picked it up a North Shore Firearms last week. Took it to the range last Sunday. I love it. I shoot it very well and it fits my hand like a glove!

SIG239-1.jpg

Crappy cell phone pic dressed up

Ummm, you guys have been posting very nice additions so far this month, so I had to chime in:

Benelli Super 90 M1, lightly used for an unbeatable price:
e7c2aa91.gif

The Navy Luger hasn't materialized as yet, but a nice DWM 1915 standard P.08 in on her way
to a new home.

Last edited:
One month turn around at the CMP made me very happy this week.
It is a CMP special grade with the new stock and barrel. I got to shoot her yesterday with my son and I didn't think he was going to give it back.
Sorry for so many pics, I am so excited about this buy. Always wanted one and now she is home. [smile]
M1Garand003-1.jpg

M1Garand005.jpg

M1Garand002.jpg

M1Garand004.jpg

M1Garand008.jpg

M1Garand006.jpg

Last edited:
One month turn around at the CMP made me very happy this week.
It is a CMP special grade with the new stock and barrel. I got to shoot her yesterday with my son and I didn't think he was going to give it back.
Sorry for so many pics, I am so excited about this buy. Always wanted one and now she is home. [smile]
M1Garand003-1.jpg

M1Garand005.jpg

M1Garand002.jpg

M1Garand004.jpg

M1Garand008.jpg

M1Garand006.jpg

I'm in love with that (and all other) M1 Garand!

Give me a week and I'll have another one.

Ok so it was over a week, but not by much. Here it is. Here is my new Mossberg 44US. It had a filthy barrel, which didn not look like there was any rifling left. It took 3 hours to get clean and there is a little bit of rust in it. The rifling is thin, but the rifle still shoot very well.

DSC04742.jpg

DSC04743.jpg

DSC04744.jpg

DSC04745.jpg

Last edited:
SW Model 15-3 (K frame) . 38 spl unfired 2 inch from 1972

left%20800x493.jpg

notice the small black ring on 3 alternating cylinders that show this was test fired by SW only. I haven't even cleaned it. It still has lint in the barrel and cylinder bores.
frontopen%20735x774.jpg

rearopen%20734x774.jpg

right%20800x459.jpg

It's the bigger brother to my unfired Model 36 (j frame) .38 spl from earlier this month:

left_tipped%20800x477.jpg

Now I just need to find an unfired nickel Model 29 N frame to complete the set !

Eat your heart out Bill!

It's been a busy month for me . 4 new revolvers all mostly from trades!

Last edited:
MSAR E4

This morning I picked up my new MSAR E4. Been on waiting list for some time. Mounted Troy fixed sights, and she gets an Aimpoint Micro on Monday. Man, I am really digging this rifle, it is so easy to point. Can't wait to get to the range! [smile]

MSAR_2_resize.JPG

MSAR_1_resize.JPG

Took a ride to Remsport yesterday with the lower and upper I picked up off the group buys this winter. I’d already put in the trigger group and had a stock for it. He put on a 14.5 inch barrel and the rest of what you see here.

John is a great guy and really knows his way around the shop. He was also kind enough to fix a few things that I did to the upper while trying to put it together with makeshift tools on my kitchen table. He also gave me a few ideas on how I can spend a lot more money there. Those might have to wait for a little while but I will be headed back there as soon as I can.

108_0871.jpg

SW Model 15-3 (K frame) . 38 spl unfired 2 inch from 1972

left%20800x493.jpg

notice the small black ring on 3 alternating cylinders that show this was test fired by SW only. I haven't even cleaned it. It still has lint in the barrel and cylinder bores.
frontopen%20735x774.jpg

rearopen%20734x774.jpg

right%20800x459.jpg

It's the bigger brother to my unfired Model 36 (j frame) .38 spl from earlier this month:

left_tipped%20800x477.jpg

Now I just need to find an unfired nickel Model 29 N frame to complete the set !

Eat your heart out Bill!

It's been a busy month for me . 4 new revolvers all mostly from trades!

Dennis, I see why you chose the 2" Model 15. Boy is that a beauty.

Seems I've been one step behind you all month. *S*

This morning I picked up my new MSAR E4. Been on waiting list for some time. Mounted Troy fixed sights, and she gets an Aimpoint Micro on Monday. Man, I am really digging this rifle, it is so easy to point. Can't wait to get to the range! [smile]

MSAR_2_resize.JPG

MSAR_1_resize.JPG

[crying][crying][angry]
I [STRIKE]hate you so much[/STRIKE] am so jealous of you right now... I fondled and drooled over the one M&M's has (or had, if you picked it up there?) last week and I've wanted to go back and scoop it up SO BAD!!

Congrats, and [cheers] on a great buy buddy! [wink]

Last edited:
Thanks Meth0d,

I didn't get it at M&M so it is probably still there, waiting for you[wink]. I am very impressed with it so far, it is very well made. Haven't shot it yet, hopefully later this week.

[crying][crying][angry]
I [STRIKE]hate you so much[/STRIKE] am so jealous of you right now... I fondled and drooled over the one M&M's has (or had, if you picked it up there?) last week and I've wanted to go back and scoop it up SO BAD!!

Congrats, and [cheers] on a great buy buddy! [wink]

Back
Top Bottom