New Acquisitions for July 2016

Its been a while but picked this up today :

15n3ev6.jpg

i needed this for work, woodchucks were pissing off my boss so i picked this ruger american up at KTP. I also grabbed a 15 and 25 rd mag. i have optics in the mail.
20160701_192940_zpss9mpn25r.jpg

I bought this a couple days ago. I shot it at the range already. The trigger takes a little getting used to, but I had no problems at all. No malfunctions so far either. Picture 26.jpg

Just got a new scar 17 from the classifieds. Please help me eat this month and view my listings in the classifieds

congrats on the SCAR 17, love mine, now just need to get optics on it but i can't help you eat this month as you have bought a rifle that can go out and get some game .. so go hunting...

congrats on the SCAR 17, love mine, now just need to get optics on it but i can't help you eat this month as you have bought a rifle that can go out and get some game .. so go hunting...

Haha true. Now searching for metric fal mags

I have this in .22 and I absolutely love it. The .308 must have some kick....lol Nice rifle.

- - - Updated - - -

I have this in .22 and I absolutely love it. The .308 must have some kick....lol Nice rifle.

Not really , I was expecting more recoil because it's like 5.2 lbs. I just had to get a feel for it (the stock). 40 or so rounds (sitting) didn't even leave much of a red mark on my shoulder whereas my mosin would have. You always get more recoil sitting. I had no sleeves on because Murica.

23e9b622503572351550f353dc06d0fa.jpg

I call them love taps [laugh]

I adjusted the trigger to 3 lbs and it's amazing. For $389 it's extremely hard to beat. I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My new acquisition for July unfortunately isn't a rifle....I have always wanted a charcoal/woood BBQ grill. So I got this one...it's only a 22" but I love tyhe copper color and it is porcelain coated on the inside.. $149.00 at Ace and elsewhere that I looked. I haven't cooked with coals since before 1993. And that was on a "Happy Cooker". Same style. Anyone remember those? My father had one...lol Ever since I used gas. I also heard you can smoke on this as with anything so i want to try some ribs. No pics but my first ever where 2 T-Bones and a cheeseburger. I didn't even ask and my daughter said best cheeseburger she has ever had...lol

ry%3D400

- - - Updated - - -

Not really , I was expecting more recoil because it's like 5.2 lbs. I just had to get a feel for it (the stock). 40 or so rounds (sitting) didn't even leave much of a red mark on my shoulder whereas my mosin would have. You always get more recoil sitting. I had no sleeves on because Murica.

23e9b622503572351550f353dc06d0fa.jpg

I call them love taps [laugh]

I adjusted the trigger to 3 lbs and it's amazing. For $389 it's extremely hard to beat. I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That just proves how nice of a gun it is....my winchester 94AE in 30-30 leaves me battered at the end of a day. Still love it though.

Norinko sks. My first sks. Put 80 rounds of cheep steel case through her yesterday not one issue. image.jpg Has "independance arms billerica" stamped on the receiver. Anyone know anything about why thats there?

Has independance arms billerica" stamped on the receiver. Anyone know anything about why thats there?

that is the company that imported it back in the 90s or 80s. They got themselves in some hot water and are no longer around for quite some time now.

btw, unlike the Mosin M44 you don't need to extend the bayo on these to have them shoot straight.

that is the company that imported it back in the 90s or 80s. They got themselves in some hot water and are no longer around for quite some time now.

btw, unlike the Mosin M44 you don't need to extend the bayo on these to have them shoot straight.
Thanks.
Oh....and the bayonet was extended cuz my son thinks its cool!!

July purchase from a fellow NES'er: a Martini Henry Mk IV. A very welcome addition to our growing "ol' steel and wood" collection. My wife really liked it when she saw it when I brought it home.

IMG_7422.jpg
DSC_7577.jpg
DSCN1949.jpg

Just about finished my first AR10. 18" in 308, matched aero upper/lower. Just waiting on buffer/spring to come and then to get a scope.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up a new Sig P225-A1. I had been wanting a p229 for some time, but never pulled the trigger cause the grip was just a bit too thick. When I came across the 225 it fit perfect. Can't wait to get to the range with it.

WP_20160708_15_36_06_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom