New Acquisitions for July 2016

I could not get use to those National Match sights, so I put a 32 power scope on it, Ya Baby now were talking.
My grouping went from over a 1" to under 3/4" and am sure I will get it close to 1/2" with a little trigger time and load development.

Dean

PS: That is my 5000 gallon Dog Pool in the back ground, it is called that since she is they only one who goes in it.

Scope arrived. It will have to be restored; optics cloudy and its missing the cross hairs. Shot today with iron sights; exceptionally good considering its a RC. Last 5 in the black.

T

tI4NOk6.jpg

Picked up a glock 43 for summer carry and ordered a glock 19 MOS while I was at it that I'm still figuring out what I want to do with.

tI4NOk6.jpg

Picked up a glock 43 for summer carry and ordered a glock 19 MOS while I was at it that I'm still figuring out what I want to do with.

I think they look better against the light beige than the dark brown. ;-) Nice guns!

A little piece of history. An Iver Johnson American Bulldog Model 1898,. It is chambered in .44 Webley (.442) and also takes the shorter .44 Bulldog. These hugely popular little belly guns were simple, strong, powerful and cheap. Easy to carry in a pocket they sold for about $3-$4.00.

got this off of a fellow forum member
Springfield Armory XDM 3.8 compact in .45 acp
added a talon grip and pinky extension. Great shooting small .45
XDM_zpsbhrc4ctx.jpg

I remember the gun law back in the early 90's (?) that put in the requirement of trigger locks into effect - and they forgot to exempt antique guns. So they had to put a gun lock on the Brown Bess in the chamber until the law could be amended.

T

is there something we should know?

- - - Updated - - -

Range report? How do you like it? I love CZs and would like a bolt .223, but heard mixed reviews.

Absolutely love it. I can't find an imperfection in craftsmanship. They also make one in 7.62x39.
It's a simple design and the bolt comes apart easily so everything can be cleaned.
It's trigger can be "set" by pushing it forward until it clicks, which turns it into <1lb trigger. This is adjustable for preference as well.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...t-pictures-post-em-here?p=5109934#post5109934

I've been out a few more times and am getting better groups since that post.

1MOA easy with most bulk ammo, minus Tula.

1/2 MOA with better stuff.

It likes VMAX and hp/boat tail ammo.

-B

edit:

I've seen some mixed reviews regarding light primer strikes with the 7.62 version. Apparently CZ will send you a stronger spring to fix the issue.

Last edited:
I felt bad for my LGS and also wanted to stick one to the Mass AG In protest, I know it is not an AR but it still felt good and the store owner was happy. It's a a Mint Ruger P90 DC they rain drops are making it look weathered but it really is Sweet.

Dean

New revolver

Happened to swing by a local shop and they had a key lock free 642. Exactly what I wanted now that it's hot and a lighter concealed carry is needed. And, my first revolver!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom