New acquisitions for July 2010

Newest aquisition. To go along with all of my other Walthers, here is a little brother to all of my P38s. This is a 1945 Walther PP. It is a factory mismatch. No factory proofs or slide banner. This is correct for these as The GIs put these together from parts when they took over the Walther facility during the war. No import marks at all. The bore is like a mirror. The finish is excellent and functions flawlessly. Typical Walther excellence. I just have to get used to it being so small as my P38s fit my hands perfectly. I may need to get the finger extentions for the magazines.
hpim2665.jpg

hpim2668.jpg

Great start, Sigs are great guns.
Picked up this SIG P220 .45 cal today! This is the first gun I own so far, I just got my LTC activated today as well. Can't wait till I get another one. I already convinced my girlfriend to get me one for my birthday, so I'll be posting new pics again next month :)

sig2.jpg

Edit: don't mind the stains on the carpet... its the garage :)
SIG3.jpg

sig1.jpg

SP101 and SR9c

Pete's Birthday 041.jpg 11847.jpg

I am very happy with both of them. I have done a lot of shooting with SP101's in the past, and I really like the Badger Grips on this one. The SR9c is still being broken in, but no problems yet.

Picked up a couple things this week:
DSC00335.jpg

The knife is a Gerber Profile. Not my nicest knife, but well worth the $20 at Wal-Mart, and the shotgun is a Mossberg 500AG w/pistol grip, no stock, and sling. Should be fun putting 3" Magnums through it. [laugh]

ETA: and the book is just a book I was reading. "Empire" by Orson Scott Card.

Got a Para GI Expert

Total damage $569.00

This will be my beater 1911

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Turbocharged, you read Ender's Game? Empire is also pretty good, but if you haven't read Ender's Game, get it! My favorite of all time.

Picked up a couple things this week:
DSC00335.jpg

The knife is a Gerber Profile. Not my nicest knife, but well worth the $20 at Wal-Mart, and the shotgun is a Mossberg 500AG w/pistol grip, no stock, and sling. Should be fun putting 3" Magnums through it. [laugh]

ETA: and the book is just a book I was reading. "Empire" by Orson Scott Card.

Hey Turbocharged, you read Ender's Game? Empire is also pretty good, but if you haven't read Ender's Game, get it! My favorite of all time.

Yes I have, as well as the other books in the Ender series. So far every book I've read by Orson Scott Card has been great. [smile]

ETA: I'll also add to my previous comment that putting 3" magnum rounds through my new shotgun is NOT a good idea. [laugh]

Last edited:
Just bought this .375 H&H Mag Ruger No 1 Tropical on AuctionArms Man, is this fun to shoot. The offset recoil pad reduces felt recoil to less than a Rem 700 in 30-06.

guns120036_jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

guns120034_jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

guns120035_jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

The previous owner cut notches :-( in the comb. Two for Alaskan brown bear, three for elk.

5bf564c5879ee02b105ed0d9988acd8b.jpg

This is arriving today:

SACM M1935A in 7.65 French Longe

SACM-02.jpg

SACM1935A.jpg

Having a custom Clymer reamer made. Basically cutting down .30 carbine brass to the OAL of 7.65 French Longe. Difference of only +.028 on OD
Since it isn't Nazi marked or overly rare, I'm going to strip it and slow rust blue it, since the finish is shot anyway.

Evidently the design inspiration for the SIG P210

Sold my Glock 22 to a gentleman by way of the NES classifieds this afternoon, quickly parlayed the cash into a Ruger LCR from M&M's in Plymouth. They had the best price of the 3 shops I visited, including C&F (surprised how much inventory they got in their small space!), and Middleboro; both fine shops, and nice folks, but I saved about $70 at M&M's.

Standard sights and +P rated (picture from my Prē):

42ccc14f.jpg

I can't get over how LIGHT this thing is, even loaded up with 5 rounds of +P, I don't even notice it.

Picked up for real, real short money. I figure it will be a nice 20 gauge for the kids when they are old enough

Montgomery Ward Hercules
Great condition and the bore is flawless

e3659057.jpg

93305319.jpg

Not a gun, but

Not a gun, but new acquisition

2011 Mustang GT Convertible.

Yes, that is a 5.0
Yes it has over 412 HP
yes it gets about 25 MPGs
Yes it is freaking sweet!

Last edited: