New acquisitions for July 2010

OK, here we go!

My new Colt SAA in ALL blue.

Colt SAA, 45LC, 7-1/2" barrel, Single Action Army with FACTORY ORIGINAL WOOD grips, most came with the hard rubber grips.. The vast majority of Colt Single Action revolvers were finished with the case-hardening process. This Colt is finished in all blue. This is an extremely RARE 2nd generation variation of the 7-1/2" barreled 45. It falls outside the range of revolvers in Don Wilkerson's The Post-War Colt Single Action Army Revolvers survey but, Don is careful to say that "Full Blue Revolvers are found in all serial number ranges" but he only found 32 up to serial number range 61000SA. This is a higher number at 623xxSA, manufactured in 1972.

coltSAARARE.jpg

Last edited:
Another P38 to the collection. This one is a very early post war version built in 1958. Flawless mechanics and finish. It came with 2 magazines and a holster from 1962.

leftqi.jpg

OK, here we go!

Colt SAA, 45LC, 7-1/2" barrel, Single Action Army with FACTORY ORIGINAL WOOD grips, most came with the hard rubber grips.. The vast majority of Colt Single Action revolvers were finished with the case-hardening process. This Colt is finished in all blue. This is an extremely RARE 2nd generation variation of the 7-1/2" barreled 45. It falls outside the range of revolvers in Don Wilkerson's The Post-War Colt Single Action Army Revolvers survey but, Don is careful to say that "Full Blue Revolvers are found in all serial number ranges" but he only found 32 up to serial number range 61000SA. This is a higher number at 623xxSA, manufactured in 1972.

coltSAARARE.jpg

Nice Colt you have there .

Yumm Kimber Classic Custom and a 629 to boot - I like your choices Speedway.
Love the P38 also daltrey

FINALLY got around to getting my first AR and building up my 2008 NES lower that's been waiting patiently in the safe. Now I just need to find an extra pivot pin detent and spring and she'll be all set to shoot tomorrow. [wink]

dscf5344.jpg

dscf5345.jpg

Elephant Ivory Grips for my Colt 1911, John M. Browning 1911 Commemorative. From Nutmeg Sports.

Attachments

• Nutmeg.jpg
    Nutmeg.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 1911 011.jpg
    1911 011.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
OK, here we go!

Nice gun but I gotta call foul because there is no way you bought this the morning of 7/1 and had a chance to take pics at 8:32am. I think you bought it in June and wanted first in on the New Acquisitions thread.[bs1]

Last edited:
Nice gun but I gotta call foul because there is no way you bought this the morning of 7/1 and had a chance to take pics at 8:32am. I think you bought it in June and wanted first in on the New Acquisitions thread.[bs1]
I bought my sig at 8:00 am face to face and was only ten minutes away from home so it isdoable.

[smile]

You got me. It was bought on 6/30. But heck nobody looks at the previous months acquisitions once the next month starts. I always wanted to be first at something!

Last edited:
My new to me Kahr MK9. I got it last month but wanted to wait until I got the wood grips before I posted it. The Holster is made by Garrity Gunleather.
KahrMK9-12.jpg
KahrMK9-8.jpg
KahrMK9-17.jpg

That Kahr is a beauty.

Do you prefer the wood for looks? Or do you actually like wood grips on your CCW, just wondering.. don't see many with wood unless its a revolver.

Both. I love the looks but I also think these grips feel better than the factory plastic. They're a little thicker but not so much that it affects concealability.

Jcliff, the holster is very comfortable. I have M-Tac and C-Tac holsters that are comfortable but this one beats them in that department.

Back
Top Bottom