New Acquisitions for February 2007

Photos!! This is a gallery. I want photos.

Okay, Okay, here you go:

View attachment 465

View attachment 466

Her name is Betsy - Colt Combat Commander (Series 70) complements of Marc and Zero Hour Arms. It's my first 1911. The UGLY grips need to go, and it needs some gunsmithing, but she's my new baby!

On a side note, I believe it actually came from the same estate as edin508's beautiful shotguns.

I just picked this up today. I can't wait to get to the range to try it out.

LNIB Sig Sauer P239 SAS .40 S&W
239SAS-1.jpg

TW, nice looking piece. Looks like it will carry very well, with all the soft edges.

All, look what followed me home:

IiYZArw6-B1uq-mfSdK3XyBo7CWvSpzT0300.jpg

A Model 65-8 in 357 Mag. [smile]

Very gently used, traded even for a shotgun that I hardly used anymore.

Nice photo. The wood looks very good on it. How is the bore? I look forward to a range report.

Thanks Goose. The bore looks good, but it is counterbored. The trigger on this one is really nice. I beleive it is a Finn replacement trigger. This will definitely be going on my next trip to the range.

2s81q4g.jpg

1946 Izzy M44, one of the lower production years (iirc ~185000 for 1946 versus like 3+ million for 1945 + 1944 alone) Hope to have one fom every year by the end of the summer(Already have a 1944).

1946 Izzy M44, one of the lower production years (iirc ~185000 for 1946 versus like 3+ million for 1945 + 1944 alone) Hope to have one fom every year by the end of the summer(Already have a 1944).

Smart collecting sticking to one rifle type and acquiring diferent years. There are a broad range of Mosins to get them all between the diferent countries that produced them, arsenals, dates, types, etc.

New .22 Lever Gun

I picked up a beautiful lever action .22 rifle last Friday:

9422_tn.jpg

It's an early 70's Winchester Model 9422. I paid $236 OTD and got a really good deal.

My boy and I took it to the range today. You can read a range report here.

My February acquisition, courtesy of The Goose:

NewColtPolice002.jpg

This makes my {thinking} fifth six-shot .38 special revolver. I *think* I have a slight preference... [smile]

Nice M44, that stock looks cool.

Thanks, it doesn't appear to ever have been rearsenaled, no such markings on the stock, and the finish is unlike any I've seen. Only marking that I can't figure out is there is a diamond, with what appears to be either "cc" in it. Which appears on the stock as well as the receiver.

9422_tn.jpg

It's an early 70's Winchester Model 9422. I paid $236 OTD and got a really good deal.

EC that looks like a sweet plinker, always wanted a lever gun sadly it keeps geting pushed down my wish list for more modern looking shinier pieces. Anyway nice pick-up and I also enjoyed the range report, good luck with it.

9422_tn.jpg

I love it--- beautiful.
I also hope to add a lever action to my collection.

91/30 PU Sniper Repro.

I just made the February cut on this one:

Wakeman45e4fc5f537fd.jpg

91/30 PU Sniper Repro

This one is a 1942 Izzy with all matching stamped #'s. Bore looks pristine. Can't wait to sight it in! [grin]

And a screwdriver ( tool, not the drink! [laugh] ) and some patience. It is a very adjustable mount and getting it to go just right will take some time.

Joe R. ( owns one also and still getting it set - make sure the action screws are tight.! Gun seems to like the Hung. heavy ball.)

Back
Top Bottom