New Acquisitions for February 2007

Courtesy of Flotter390 (great man to deal with - thanks!)

H&K USP 45 Compact:

DSC02126.jpg

Man that bullet is just creeping right along! I read somewhere that under certain lighting conditions the .455 Webly (at about the same velocity, but much bigger round) could sometimes be actully SEEN traveling downrange.

Dunno if I belive it, but I felt it was worth mentioning.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I've seen .22s going downrange in winter with snow on the ground and sun behind me. Same with the .50 Desert Eagle with the sun behind and reflecting off of the base of the round. Real fun to watch!

Joe R.

I swear I've seen .45 do this under the right conditions, from a short barreled pistol. I could shoot, recover from recoil, regain full focus on target, and I could actually see a flash of copper and then the hole appearing in the target. It seemed really slow. Only had this happen a few times tho.

I swear I've seen .45 do this under the right conditions, from a short barreled pistol. I could shoot, recover from recoil, regain full focus on target, and I could actually see a flash of copper and then the hole appearing in the target. It seemed really slow. Only had this happen a few times tho.

well since most factory ammo only tosses a 230 gr bullet at 850 or less from a 5" 1911, a short-barrel .45 the round can't be going very fast.

Still interesting, I need to shoot more [smile]

I got this Norinco SKS in a trade with CrossX. The metal finish is really nice and the bore is absolutely pristine. He tells me that the stock was done by a furniture refinisher. These photos do not do it justice. No time to shoot it yet, but I will post a review when I do.

Norinco001.jpg

Norinco002.jpg

My saga to buy my first 1911 ended last night with the purchase of a Series 70 Colt Combat Commander from Zero Hour Arms. Marc gave me the heads up they have it, and I got a great deal on it. It has a little holster wear from the prior owner, and has the ugliest grips I’ve ever seen, but it’s perfect for a newbie like me. Took it to the range this afternoon, and it performed quite well. Hoping to pick up new grips in Danvers on Saturday, and I’ve been told I shouldn’t use anything but Wilson mags. Any other upgrade suggestions???

Photos!! This is a gallery. I want photos.

Seriously, Contgrats on your new pistol. I would say just shoot the crap out of it for a while and then see if it needs anything.

My saga to buy my first 1911 ended last night with the purchase of a Series 70 Colt Combat Commander from Zero Hour Arms. Marc gave me the heads up they have it, and I got a great deal on it. It has a little holster wear from the prior owner, and has the ugliest grips I’ve ever seen, but it’s perfect for a newbie like me. Took it to the range this afternoon, and it performed quite well. Hoping to pick up new grips in Danvers on Saturday, and I’ve been told I shouldn’t use anything but Wilson mags. Any other upgrade suggestions???

Yeah yeah yeah, I knew someone would nail me for the lack of photos. Pics of the ugly SOB are coming, as soon as I can pry the camera away from my girlfriend without letting her know what I need it for. I told her no more guns until the Danvers show on Saturday, so I need to keep it on the DL until after the show, then pretend I bought the gun there. Jeeze, I'm an evil bastard...

I told her no more guns until the Danvers show on Saturday, so I need to keep it on the DL until after the show, then pretend I bought the gun there. Jeeze, I'm an evil bastard...

I am absolutely shocked. No one else on this forum would ever be so deceitful as to mislead their significant other in such a manner. Shame, shame! LOL!

Yeah yeah yeah, I knew someone would nail me for the lack of photos. Pics of the ugly SOB are coming, as soon as I can pry the camera away from my girlfriend without letting her know what I need it for. I told her no more guns until the Danvers show on Saturday, so I need to keep it on the DL until after the show, then pretend I bought the gun there. Jeeze, I'm an evil bastard...

When you buy a gun be sure to buy another that looks like the one you just bought. [smile]

Here are the 2 shotguns I picked up at Zero Arms recently.
They are both Browning's. One is a magnum 12 with a slug barrel and nice rifle sights and the other is a Light 20 with 2 barrels, a nice shorty for my son to use [wink] . I tried out the 20 at my clubs 5 stand this past Sun. morning and man I love that thing. It shoots way better than I do. I just need to find some choke tubes for it. Both of the 20 barrels came with full chokes.
I plan on trying to get some more info on these but that is all I have for now. These are my first semi auto shotguns.
fatherandsonguns010.jpg

fatherandsonguns007.jpg

fatherandsonguns008.jpg

fatherandsonguns009.jpg

fatherandsonguns006.jpg

fatherandsonguns005.jpg

fatherandsonguns004.jpg

That's why buying wood stocked milsurps is great. She thinks they all look alike !

you must mean black rifles and glocks...clearly you made a mistake...its ok though pilgrim...we'll let it slip as we know youre older and forget alot =) just kiddin buddin

you must mean black rifles and glocks...clearly you made a mistake...its ok though pilgrim...we'll let it slip as we know youre older and forget alot =) just kiddin buddin

Nope, hes dead on! My wife ignores all my milsurps because they all look alike to her. Sure it saddens me when I bring a beauty up from the bench in my cellar all cleaned and oiled and proudly show it to her and she says "What am I looking at? It looks like all the others"
When in reality the bluing is deep, dark and rich in depth, the wood grain swirling with blends of laminated stock gorgeousness of vibrant reds and golden hues glued together in perfection, the fresh smell of oil aromatically rising from the stock and metal filling the room with the historical smell of a well cleaned and brought back to life vintage battle rifle, the bore gleaming with razor sharp lands and grooves that beg for pinpoint zero accuracy of 8mm precision.
:::sigh:::
Yes... I am thinking of another Mauser for my collection and she will be covertly snuck into the bunker.[smile]
I just hope Danvers produces my find. If not I'll have to rush order one from an online dealer sight unseen and squeak it into the Feb acquistitions.

Man, those are beauties. That is what they are supposed to look like!

Here are the 2 shotguns I picked up at Zero Arms recently.
They are both Browning's. One is a magnum 12 with a slug barrel and nice rifle sights and the other is a Light 20 with 2 barrels, a nice shorty for my son to use [wink] . I tried out the 20 at my clubs 5 stand this past Sun. morning and man I love that thing. It shoots way better than I do. I just need to find some choke tubes for it. Both of the 20 barrels came with full chokes.
I plan on trying to get some more info on these but that is all I have for now. These are my first semi auto shotguns.
[

jack_elam_damn_pics.jpg

TBP, sweet!

I was leaning towards a 686 for my second wheel gun, but now I am hankering for a simpler, lighter K frame in 38 Special. Maybe a Model 10 or a 64.

Jonj, I need one !

Is that going to be mounted in your cruiser? [smile]

I showed it to a guy at work yesterday. He was all for replacing the 870's with it[wink]
He asked me if I wanted to go turkey hunting with him this spring. He wants to try it real bad[smile]

Back
Top Bottom