New Acquisitions for August 2009!

1938b

Yup, scored a Daisey Red Ryder 1.00 at a yardsale. packed with BBs. shoots pretty good also.

I just got this gun at Stricklands in Berkely. Factory fired only with correct box and grips numbered to gun. Looks like brand new. 5" barrel, .38 caliber early post war (May 1947), Smith and Wesson M&P.

2MP2overallweb.jpg

That's freaking CHOICE! [shocked]

Thanks Jose, I love that M&P. It's beautiful, post war quality and like new. I've posted about it on the other forum you and I go to, I'm surprised you didn't see it. I'm debating if I should shoot it or not? I want to but people are telling me I'll "lose value if I shoot it".

As you and I know, it's not a Registered Magnum, it's not like I'm going to lose $1000 if I shoot it. I paid Less than $500 for it with correct original Gold Embossed box in good shape.

Nice to see someone who appreciates these old works of art from S&W, I knew we had that in common.

Bill

I'm debating if I should shoot it or not? I want to but people are telling me I'll "lose value if I shoot it".

As you and I know, it's not a Registered Magnum, it's not like I'm going to lose $1000 if I shoot it. I paid Less than $500 for it with correct original Gold Embossed box in good shape.

Bill

[shocked][shocked][shocked]
You paid UNDER $500!!!??? Original box and all...WOW!! I have NEVER seen an M&P that mint. For that price I think you stole it. Beautiful piece and great price.

I think that if you shoot it occasionally, it wont loose much value. I know that it would me tough for me not to shot it at least once if I owned it.

/John

I bought these a little while back but haven't posted pics until now. Nobody's gonna hold that against me, are they? [wink]

My first two purchases as an LTC-A ALP holder.

LeftSides.jpg

RightSides.jpg

and a black accessory...

DSC01713.jpg

Last edited:
Nice guns and cute puppy, jmspratt!

My father gave me his old service revolver. Colt Official Police .38spl. His first LEO job was on the Cape in the '60's. This one was manufactured around 1954-55.

This baby has a really smooth double action pull, and a crisp single action break. The timing is perfect and everything's tight, but I took it down anyhow to get some of the lint and crud out of the action. Slight blue wear here and there, but overall, a really nice shooter. Thanks dad!
IMG_1620.jpg

Also gave me this funky little fully-engraved Italian .22 pistol. .22 long.

Hell, can you even still buy .22 long ammo?
IMG_1634.jpg

My father gave me his old service revolver. Colt Official Police .38spl. His first LEO job was on the Cape in the '60's. This one was manufactured around 1954-55.

This baby has a really smooth double action pull, and a crisp single action break. The timing is perfect and everything's tight, but I took it down anyhow to get some of the lint and crud out of the action. Slight blue wear here and there, but overall, a really nice shooter. Thanks dad!
IMG_1620.jpg

QUOTE]

45 Collector, I have the same gun, Marked YPD 201, which I'm guessing is Yarmouth Police Department, since I got it not to far from there.

Are there any markings on your Dad's gun that indicate it was a Police Issue gun?

Yours is in great shape, and they are great shooters.

Bill

IMG_1620.jpg

What a beautiful pistol. The fact that it was your father's makes it very cool.
Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Hahaha. Thanks for the compliments everyone. We like her. Best thing is we rescued her from a kill shelter. She's our $6,000,000 dog as she (unbeknownst to us) had Parvo when we adopted her. About 30 hours after we got her home she went into the doggie ICU for a week but the tough lil' girl pulled through. [smile] We have our LTD in hand so the MAN is in check...[wink]

How can that black accessory be evil... Better not let the MAN know they may require a LTD for that... (License To own Dogs) Great looking dog, keep us updated!!

45 Collector, I have the same gun, Marked YPD 201, which I'm guessing is Yarmouth Police Department, since I got it not to far from there.

Are there any markings on your Dad's gun that indicate it was a Police Issue gun?

Yours is in great shape, and they are great shooters.

Bill

No other markings besides factory. And yes, he was YPD way back then.

What a beautiful pistol. The fact that it was your father's makes it very cool.
Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Thank you!

Picked up a 1977 Nickel Colt Detective Special. My first Colt revolver. I have to say that while it's a little larger than the Smith Model 36, I think it handles better for me, and it gives one more round.

TheatreCamp09011.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris
I'm impressed with the Light Green & Loam cammo stick. When were you in 3rd BDE? I was there from 2004-2008 (1-15 IN). Was at Bragg (3-325 AIR) from 2000-2003. Ranger School in 2001. Jumpmaster in 2002.

IMG_1620.jpg

W[shocked]W!

TWO beautiful wheelguns, yours and Bill's M&P!

The fact that this OP was your dad's duty weapon makes it cool beyond words.

Enjoy it.

I'm impressed with the Light Green & Loam cammo stick. When were you in 3rd BDE? I was there from 2004-2008 (1-15 IN). Was at Bragg (3-325 AIR) from 2000-2003. Ranger School in 2001. Jumpmaster in 2002.

Good eye! I find the camo stick to be my favorite pistol prop. Ranger class 8-88. I was in in 3rd BDE from 1988 - 1991 (when it was still HQ'd in Aschaffenburg, Germany). Back then the BDE consisted of 4-7 IN, 1-7 IN, and 4-66 AR. Finished up at Campbell with 1st BDE, 101st.

Got the LMT 10.5" upper delivered to me about 10 mins ago...

And for the record BJ, I can EASILY CCW the 10.5" with a jacket, its pretty short for me.

IMG_0252.jpg

And now set up for use:
IMG_0255.jpg

Specs so far:

NES AA Lower
CMT/Stag LPK
Magpul MOE Stock, MIAD Grip and P-Mag
LMT 10.5" upper receiver group
Larue Tatical 7" Handguards
G&R M16 FA BCG w/ BCM Charging Handle

Last edited:
Nothing says Americana like a good Ol'e Smith'n Wesson 629 44 mag Wheel Gun!!!

Back in the day I had the 29 in blue. I can't tell the difference in appearance between the 629 and the 29 but that's not saying much seeing that it's been 17 years since I had the 29. I've already ordered replacement grips and I'm thinking about getting a set of wood grips just for the photos. I think these wheel guns look great with wood grips. I saw this in the consignment case at NSF and had to have it. It came with the Leupold scope, two leather holsters with leather shoulder harness, speed loader with case, ammo wallet and three boxes of ammo. I put 75 rounds through it yesterday and it shoots like a dream.

DSC_2013.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom