New Acquisitions - February 2016

Since I'm assuming I didn't win the cmp carbine lottery, and with the tax (gun) return coming in, I'd reward myself. Went a bit overboard but my god am I impressed. There's something about the work put into this thing. So here it is, the crown jewel of my collection at this point. A wilson combat cqb elite.

b767f8cd229513bd0bf77ff18ed09a93.jpg

Hopefully more quality pictures will come at the range this week.

I just went from six to midnight. Nice.

Since I'm assuming I didn't win the cmp carbine lottery, and with the tax (gun) return coming in, I'd reward myself. Went a bit overboard but my god am I impressed. There's something about the work put into this thing. So here it is, the crown jewel of my collection at this point. A wilson combat cqb elite.

b767f8cd229513bd0bf77ff18ed09a93.jpg

Good for you, that is a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick 1911. Someday my precious...

A GAP 10 is 9000 pounds compared to a SCAR17. Maybe you bought the scar for the wrong reason. The two guns are not even in the same universe.

hah! I enjoyed your response. To clarify, I WAS NOT comparing the GAP10 to a SCAR..totally different rifles (but rifles nonetheless) for different purposes. I was just stating WHAT the item was that I traded the SCAR for (which, based on the confusion that ensued, I regret).

- - - Updated - - -

Sick WC!

February must be the month of FN. Picked up this 5.7 with Trij RMR from a buddy of mine who needed $ to buy crossfit crap or something...His loss=my gain.

Last edited:
Details? I've got 1 1/2 Grendel builds. Lol. The second needs furniture. I'm still looking at glass.

20" 6.5 Grendel upper from radical firearms with their "pepper" muzzle brake. PPF Lower, velocity 3# flat trigger. Larue APEG grip, 4-14 FFP Primary arms mildot scope and a standard A2 rifle stock for now. I'll be putting a prs stock on it once I get a chance to order one.

- - - Updated - - -

hah! I enjoyed your response. To clarify, I WAS NOT comparing the GAP10 to a SCAR..totally different rifles (but rifles nonetheless) for different purposes. I was just stating WHAT the item was that I traded the SCAR for (which, based on the confusion that ensued, I regret).

- - - Updated - - -

Sick WC!

February must be the month of FN. Picked up this 5.7 with Trij RMR from a buddy of mine who needed $ to buy crossfit crap or something...His loss=my gain.

FN FiveSeven > cross fit all day

Bought a 442 for a potential new job in Boston where pocket carry looks like it's going to be my best bet.

Yes I put the cart before the horse... Because I really wanted one too.

Nice pics Ben!!!!! Wooo!
Fine it's just parts.

Gosh darn it, I just put in for the Midway Polish AK, impulse buy, I'd really like to get another stamp and SBR an m85.
look into the rear trunnion you'll be stuck with weird adapters.

6f6465dd43c87d5859f98e54041288a9.jpg

This is from a 100% virgin kit. The stock under folder trunnion didn't even have the folding bits drilled . It could be used as is for a pistol build . I'm selling the trunnion and folding stock .
My build is gonna take a Little more work then a standard m85 kit.

I got the rear trimmed up for the side folder , front latch test fitted . Had to mill the underside of the front trunnion to work with the latch . Had to mill a pocket not just the pivot hole for the front latch. It took me 2 hours to get that catch in .
Also did a slight pilot hole for the barrel pin since there is no joke for that . I need to drill two rivet holes in the trunnion .
The rear trunnion I need to mill off a little on both sides . The yugo is built on a 1.5 mm receiver the rear trunnion is for a 1mm.
I need to test fit mags and see if I have to mill the saftey stop plate . And figure out where to drill the mag catch . Also get a non yugo trigger . Yugo receivers are different then other Ak's . So my nodak needs some extra fitting since it's a basically a 74rpk rec.
If I didn't care about money , buying a 74 bcg and front trunnion would be a easier build since it wouldn't need the special fitting .

34bbf848e9d10e4a2913e2305f58e7ea.jpg

And a gorgeous all matching 1905 Carl Gustav M96 Mauser, thing is in really solid shape for its age.

Just wait until you shoot the M96; you'll love it. Very light recoil and the most accurate MilSurp bolt action I've ever shot.

T

Last edited:
Just wait until you shoot the M96; you'll love it. Very light recoil and the most accurate MilSurp bolt action I've ever shot.

T

Our discussion about them is what prompted me to pick one up! And even just admiring it in the safe I'm glad I did!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom