• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions December

Just finished SBR Build. I call it the PPF-Fapfapfap-15

image-2.jpg

Precision Point Firearms Billet Lower in sniper gray
vltor Mir-1 upper
Seekins Precision Bar rail
Noveske 10.5 inch barrel
AAC black out 51t flash hider
AAC SDN-6 suppressor
Seekings billet mag release button
Norgon Ambi mag catch
Kns anti-walk pins
Geissle SD3G trigger
Magpul MIAD grip
Battle arms development Ambi selector switch
Colt heavy buffer
Magpul CTR collapsible stock
trijicon ta-31f rmr
BCM gun fighter mod 3 charging handle

I lost this knife last year during the first few days of shotgun season while I was crawling through the thickest briar patch you've ever seen. It was part of a large wooded island way out in the salt marshes of the Cape that always holds deer and so we push it hard every year.
My buddy who was pushing the same area 2 days ago radio'd me that he just looked down while crawling under a branch and there was my knife.
I never thought I'd see this thing again! It collected some rust on the internals but a little CLP and compressed air loostened stuff up nicely. Blade bolsters and scales certainly show that it sat outside in a salt marsh for a year but its still a solid Buck knife. I had my initials engraved on it years ago and its the only knife I've ever had my initials on. I still can't believe I have it back. 20141201_172651.jpg

Build quality is junk, but I had to have it. Just too odd not to buy it. Armi Jager AP-74. M16 clone from the 70's that I paid a few hundred for. Kinda beat up, but action feels pretty smooth. We'll see if she clicks or bangs.

I lost this knife last year during the first few days of shotgun season while I was crawling through the thickest briar patch you've ever seen. It was part of a large wooded island way out in the salt marshes of the Cape that always holds deer and so we push it hard every year.
My buddy who was pushing the same area 2 days ago radio'd me that he just looked down while crawling under a branch and there was my knife.
I never thought I'd see this thing again! It collected some rust on the internals but a little CLP and compressed air loostened stuff up nicely. Blade bolsters and scales certainly show that it sat outside in a salt marsh for a year but its still a solid Buck knife. I had my initials engraved on it years ago and its the only knife I've ever had my initials on. I still can't believe I have it back.View attachment 121526

That is amazing! I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost my buck 110. It is the only knife I have ever carried.....through 2 deployments in the sand box, on the job, camping, hiking and now I just used it to field dress my first deer two days ago. I've had mine since 1993.....it was a graduation present and is engraved.........and it is a cherised posession.

Last year I got my son a buck 110 for his bday (12th bday) and you should have seen the smile!

Glad you got yours back.

Last edited:
Just finished SBR Build. I call it the PPF-Fapfapfap-15

image-2.jpg

Precision Point Firearms Billet Lower in sniper gray
vltor Mir-1 upper
Seekins Precision Bar rail
Noveske 10.5 inch barrel
AAC black out 51t flash hider
AAC SDN-6 suppressor
Seekings billet mag release button
Norgon Ambi mag catch
Kns anti-walk pins
Geissle SD3G trigger
Magpul MIAD grip
Battle arms development Ambi selector switch
Colt heavy buffer
Magpul CTR collapsible stock
trijicon ta-31f rmr
BCM gun fighter mod 3 charging handle

high cap spoon, nice, im glad to see you dont have a splash hider on it, dont need any trouble from the state;)

I found this at a Farmers Market in PA this past weekend. There are also a lot of flee market type vendors in there. You can find some really neat stuff. I found this, looks like WW2 era 50 cal with markings DM 43 (Des Moines Iowa Ordnance Plant, made in 1943)

IMAG1663.jpg
IMAG1664.jpg

Picked up a Semi-Auto Model 700.
It is an old H&R chambered for WMRF

Took a bit but found her favorite snack.

Last edited:
Ruger SR1911 Talo Special Edition.
Black Nitride finish.
Tritium night sights.
Enhanced Micarta Grips.
This right here is a keeper! [smile]

BlackTaloSR19111NoSN_zpse5ce3a8c.jpg

BlackTaloSR19112_zps71226ab5.jpg

Last edited:
That is a gorgeous 1911 I want, how much was it?

I paid $774 plus MA tax. Well worth the extra $100 or so compared to the standard models. I had an SR1911 in stainless and loved it but sold it for something else. This one is going nowhere. You get the Trijicon night sights, aggressive black grips and the black finish. I usually go for natural stainless and don't really consider the finish an upgrade but it does make it less common. I don't know how many Talo made but usually once they are gone they are gone. I think I got the last one at FS. Here are the specs. Forget the Navy Seal Talo. I saw one and it was terrible compared to the pictures and was over $1000. All you get is a glossy slide and walnut grips for $500+ extra.

New to me 1903 Springfield rifle

Just got this from The Armory in Woburn. It's a 1903 Springfield manufactured in 1918 by the Springfield Armory. My first '03. Did a complete field strip to clean and lubricate. Thank to NES member jpm for helping me through this purchase. Can't wait to run a few rounds through it. Has a replacement Rock Island Armory stock that is in excellent condition.

springfield_1903_1.jpg

Picked up this fella today. Cant wait to get it to the range!

Can't go wrong with the 4" GP100. Buy the Wilson Combat spring kit for $10 and Hi Viz brand front sight kit to finish it off. [smile] The front sight comes out using a plunger on the front of the barrel. It's spring loaded. Pull the old sight out and slide the new one in. Done. [thumbsup] They give you red, hi viz red, white and hi viz green light pipes with the kit. I hit targets at 100 yards easily with mine.

That is amazing! I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost my buck 110. It is the only knife I have ever carried.....through 2 deployments in the sand box, on the job, camping, hiking and now I just used it to field dress my first deer two days ago. I've had mine since 1993.....it was a graduation present and is engraved.........and it is a cherised posession.

Last year I got my son a buck 110 for his bday (12th bday) and you should have seen the smile!

Glad you got yours back.

Ditto. Great recovery!
I bought mine at the PX in Vicenza, Italy in 1987. It's got some miles on it and the leather case is almost worn through.
I plan to hand the knife off to one of my boys when the right occasion comes along.
I'm glad you found yours.

Back
Top Bottom