• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New .380ACP Concealed Carry Pistol??? Suggestions??

There are no ABSOLUTELY DEPENDABLE. 380's
I have a Ruger LCPII. I haven't shot it a ton, but it hasn't had a single failure to fire, failure to eject, or stovepipe yet. I did have the magazine release early, but that is my long fingers wrapping around, and I have learned to not do that, not a fault of the mechanics of the gun.

232, gotta love it.
It is a nice looking gun

Due to hand and wrist problems, I’m now a big fan of 380. Bought and tried several, what I’m left with is the G42 and the new Ruger Security 380. Will never get rid of the glock, but this ruger has replaced it as my favorite. I am such a fan I’m planning on getting a second one as backup. Ruger hit a homerun with this one.

Had a Beretta 80-series that worked well. 83 and 85 are single stack, 84 double stack.

Beretta announced a new 380 in the 80 series, it's the 80x. Supposed to start shipping in April, comes with 10 or 13 round mags. I''m very tempted to give one a try, but they're on the pricey side. I think MSRP is $600.

Get a Bersa 380CC
How does that compare with the Bersa "Thunder" .380?

Due to hand and wrist problems, I’m now a big fan of 380. ... new Ruger Security 380 ... this ruger has replaced it as my favorite. ... Ruger hit a homerun with this one.
So, what is available from Ruger in .380 today?
LCP
380 LCPII
Security 380
"Lite Rack"
LC 380
LCP Max

Did I miss any?

How does that compare with the Bersa "Thunder" .380?

So, what is available from Ruger in .380 today?
LCP
380 LCPII
Security 380
"Lite Rack"
LC 380
LCP Max

Did I miss any?
I thought it's the same gun. Bersa may have come out with a fat boy version of the Thunder that holds 15 in a mag but the one I had was slim and was 8 round capacity.

Due to hand and wrist problems, I’m now a big fan of 380. Bought and tried several, what I’m left with is the G42 and the new Ruger Security 380. Will never get rid of the glock, but this ruger has replaced it as my favorite. I am such a fan I’m planning on getting a second one as backup. Ruger hit a homerun with this one.
I've got a couple of Sig P290RS .380s, as a sort of insurance policy against such problems. The slide is extremely easy to manipulate, and the frame is not so small that it might easily be fumbled.

I've been pondering the P365.
They have one that comes with an optic on it.
Not overly into the .380, but I came into a bunch of free ammo so may as well get a gun to go with my ammo.....

Although the Bodyguard is not the most fun gun to shoot; it's been my most common carry gun for many years.

I not only shoot it well; I have never had any issues with "carry ammo".

With plinking ammo I have an occasional issue with Tula or Steel Case.

PLUS: With a pocket micro pistol; I really like that it has double strike capability.

Last edited:
I thought it's the same gun. Bersa may have come out with a fat boy version of the Thunder that holds 15 in a mag but the one I had was slim and was 8 round capacity.
I never heard of the "Bersa CC", so was guessing it might be something new.

I came into a bunch of free ammo so may as well get a gun to go with my ammo.....
I can help you out with that problem, and prevent you expending money on a new gun. ;-)

The 365 comes in a 380 offering. Neat little set up. I don’t have a lot of range time behind the gun but look forward to it

Although the Bodyguard is not the most fun gun to shoot; it's been my most common carry gun for many years.

I not only shoot it well; I have never had any issues with "carry ammo".

With plinking ammo I have an occasional issue with Tula or Steel Case.
Mine goes bang every time I pull the trigger.
Eats anything I throw in it plus being fed a steady diet of cast reloads.
But it isn't a fun gun to shoot bu any stretch.
The 380EZ PC - seriously fun gun that I can hand off to pretty much anyone. Easy to load magazines, an arthritic grandmother can rack the slide and its got a good enough trigger to be pleasant at the range.

How about the new

Beretta 80X Cheetah​

It is a bit big but looks like it would be nice to shoot.

another thumbs up for the P238, great little shooter.

Back
Top Bottom