Never open your door to cops. EVER!!!

But seriously, You can always call 911 to verify it’s really cops if you have any doubt.
Lol by the time you phone 911 and get all the information, your door is already barged into and you'll likely have bullet holes in you too. So comply and get shot, or don't comply and get shot.

Oh yeah and your dog is shot too.

Let’s just pretend the cops were IDF soldiers instead of cops and most of you guys will give them a pass. After all, they thought they were stopping a bad guy when they shot the good guy.

But seriously, You can always call 911 to verify it’s really cops if you have any doubt. Best choice is probably to just tell them everything is fine and ask them to leave through the door.

If you open the door, a foot will likely be immediately inserted.
Even kidding about comparing U.S. cops to IDF soldiers and their operations is worse than a bad joke. The IDF soldiers are fighting a war, they're not enforcing laws under our legal construct. They operate with completely different rules and missions.

Calling 911 is not going to get you anywhere. You'll end up being connected to some dim brained dispatcher who's been on duty for 6-7 hours, is very tired and who very likely doesn't have the slightest clue as to any officers who might be at your door and who isn't going to give you any information about who might be at your door if they did. You're a fool if you think otherwise.

Yay, another ACAB thread. Somebody should make a mega so that our resident Antifa / Defund crowd has a home. Don't forget to vote for Biden in November.
So criticizing the police equals voting for Biden? I never usually respond to stupid ass posts like this, because arguing with people is pointless but you are even worse than most leftists with your blanket statement. Enjoy licking those boots, sir.

Even kidding about comparing U.S. cops to IDF soldiers and their operations is worse than a bad joke. The IDF soldiers are fighting a war, they're not enforcing laws under our legal construct. They operate with completely different rules and missions.

Calling 911 is not going to get you anywhere. You'll end up being connected to some dim brained dispatcher who's been on duty for 6-7 hours, is very tired and who very likely doesn't have the slightest clue as to any officers who might be at your door and who isn't going to give you any information about who might be at your door if they did. You're a fool if you think otherwise.
The dispatcher is the one that sent them there 5 minutes ago (depending on the town) and will certainly tell you if it’s cops at your door.

The dispatcher is the one that sent them there 5 minutes ago (depending on the town) and will certainly tell you if it’s cops at your door.
No, that is not always the case and no they will NOT certainly tell you if it's cops at your door.

He was alone in the apartment. What domestic disturbance can occur exactly? The footage shows he never pointed the weapon the officer or threatened them in any way. Not to mention the trend of violent criminals knocking on doors and pretending to be police. Answering the door with a gun in your hand is not a crime.
Police could kick in the door of a daycare and mow down toddlers with a beltfed and as long as one of the kids was holding a toy gun it'd be "all good".

So criticizing the police equals voting for Biden? I never usually respond to stupid ass posts like this, because arguing with people is pointless but you are even worse than most leftists with your blanket statement. Enjoy licking those boots, sir.
LOL bite me. I'm mostly trolling because these threads get old, especially in the 'General' forum when they really should go into the Off Topic cesspool. It's getting hard to find the decent gun threads amidst all the Facebook-like drivel. Also it's the leftists who are rabid anti-cop defund the police cvnts. I've had a couple negative run-ins with bad cops including one that went WAY sideways, but mostly I've lived where they are decent protect and serve types. I've had my share of harshly critical posts against bad cops but I don't recall seeing the need to start a new thread to rant about some statie who was doing 90 mph without lights and passed me on the Pike.

Yes, the dispatch will be able to tell the person in the wrong apartment that there are police at your door. Whole thing is a cluster and you seldom will have the time to actually call dispatch if someone at your door who says they're a cop, but aren't.

LOL bite me. I'm mostly trolling because these threads get old, especially in the 'General' forum when they really should go into the Off Topic cesspool. It's getting hard to find the decent gun threads amidst all the Facebook-like drivel. Also it's the leftists who are rabid anti-cop defund the police cvnts. I've had a couple negative run-ins with bad cops including one that went WAY sideways, but mostly I've lived where they are decent protect and serve types. I've had my share of harshly critical posts against bad cops but I don't recall seeing the need to start a new thread to rant about some statie who was doing 90 mph without lights and passed me on the Pike.
Fair enough, I don't necessarily disagree and also your response made me laugh. I take back the boot licking comment. well played

In a previous press release, the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office said a deputy acted in self-defense after hearing sounds of a disturbance inside Fortson's apartment and encountering him armed with a gun.

That is an outright LIE.

He was responding to a call from a THIRD PARTY, who thought they heard an argument. Basically, some Karen thought she heard an argument in another apartment and called 911.

The officer had no information from anybody in the apartment and no sounds of disturbance in the apartment.

This airman was alone in his apartment.

Yay, another ACAB thread. Somebody should make a mega so that our resident Antifa / Defund crowd has a home. Don't forget to vote for Biden in November.

So you’re cool with cops having looser ROE than soldiers in a war zone. Police get to kill innocent US persons just because they’re scared and aren’t following reasonable procedures?

Incidents like this need visibility. They’re not okay and the airman deserved better. Stuff like this happens way more than it should and the only way to eventually effect change is if enough people get pissed off.

Police could kick in the door of a daycare and mow down toddlers with a beltfed and as long as one of the kids was holding a toy gun it'd be "all good".
[laugh] I've seen so much insane police video that I believe the scenario you painted would actually hold up. I really think it's come to that point. The system would have to pull all legal stops, but I think they can ultimately get away with mowing down toddlers in the name of "officer safety".

So you’re cool with cops having looser ROE than soldiers in a war zone. Police get to kill innocent US persons just because they’re scared and aren’t following reasonable procedures?
No, not cool with that. I just don't see the need to start new threads every time it pops up. That said, there does seem to be a couple different incidents in this thread and they are being conflated. Actually I think cops should be held to a higher standard and prosecuted accordingly when they F up. I'm not saying there are no bad cops, I'm saying that the majority actually do hold themselves to a higher standard. I'd be happy to see the bad ones hang.

As for ROE's? I would not compare with current war zone ROE's. Those started to become ridiculous and deadly for our forces during Vietnam. My Dad and all his buddies were pilots and flew combat in Vietnam. Imagine flying over SAM's and AA sites while not being able to engage until they fire at ya. Tons of other lunacy in that war. I think the worst was Obama mandated ROE's for boots on the ground in Afghanistan. He ramped up numbers to over 100K then proceeded to micromanage damn near every trigger.

Fair enough, I don't necessarily disagree and also your response made me laugh. I take back the boot licking comment. well played
LOL all good. And boots are bad?

23f54670b96ad7e2b1d88a186a308a3a.jpg

No, not cool with that. I just don't see the need to start new threads every time it pops up.

Fair. There already is a thread for these things and I added this incident to it before the body cam footage came out.

As for ROE's? I would not compare with current war zone ROE's. Those started to become ridiculous and deadly for our forces during Vietnam. My Dad and all his buddies were pilots and flew combat in Vietnam. Imagine flying over SAM's and AA sites while not being able to engage until they fire at ya. Tons of other lunacy in that war. I think the worst was Obama mandated ROE's for boots on the ground in Afghanistan. He ramped up numbers to over 100K then proceeded to micromanage damn near every trigger.

What war zone ROEs should be is another discussion. I’m just pointing out that U.S. LE have looser ROEs than soldiers during counterinsurgency operations. I’ve had to make those split second decisions to shoot or not shoot when a dude has an AK. I didn’t, he lived, and he turned out to be one of the local “concerned citizens” who had been helping us against AQI.

But it really shows you what LE, organizationally (where these policies and training are created) thinks of the US population and where they prioritize your life.

But it really shows you what LE, organizationally (where these policies and training are created) thinks of the US population and where they prioritize your life.
Maybe some of the organizations, and I'll agree that NONE of them should give citizens' lives anything but the highest priority.

Couldn't be more obvious: they don't. They go to those Killology seminars and learn to adopt the "Warrior mindset" of making it home every night at any cost. Actually  good Police are becoming rare, it's a lot of CYA and the blue wall now.

PD identified themselves before knocking on the door….Answering the door with a pistol in hand is a bad decision
Means nothing, what's your address? I'll show up at your door, pound on it and yell police, does it make me one? I've read more then a few news articles on home invasions starting with shitbags banging on a door claiming to be police.

PD identified themselves before knocking on the door….Answering the door with a pistol in hand is a bad decision
Yeah....cuz bangers and tweekers would never claim to be a cop to gain entry to Rob someone. 🙄

I just don't see in the video why the deceased warranted being shot.
He had the audacity to come to the door with the same tool the cop uses to protect his life.
Kinda like hunting the king's deer - not allowed under penalty of death

[laugh] I've seen so much insane police video that I believe the scenario you painted would actually hold up. I really think it's come to that point. The system would have to pull all legal stops, but I think they can ultimately get away with mowing down toddlers in the name of "officer safety".

That’s because a scenario very similar has happened. The difference is it wasn’t a daycare and they didn’t kick in the door but rather dropped a bomb on the buildings roof causing it and a whole city block to catch fire and then mowed down the children trying to escape with the belt fed machine gun.

Back
Top Bottom