• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES HF net?

I was hoping to hang a wire in some trees this weekend but my Dacron line was shipped USPS so 2 days is turning into at least 5.

For those interested, emergency net, RE: Nepal, is on 14.210 Mhz. Most everyone is being "good" but you get the occasional a$$hole that takes delight in making life miserable for the net control operators. It really escapes me why are people like that. [sad2]

For those interested, emergency net, RE: Nepal, is on 14.210 Mhz. Most everyone is being "good" but you get the occasional a$$hole that takes delight in making life miserable for the net control operators. It really escapes me why are people like that. [sad2]

This is why...

the-far-side1.jpg

I'm on 7.187 now and trying to hold the freq...fairly quiet at the moment

I can barely hear you in the Ralph...maybe tonight is just too noisy...lots of static and man is it loud!

Timbo, tbk5 and I hooked up. Band conditions were noisy and there was some QRM. 80M was really bad so we stuck to 40M. Tim and I could communicate easily. tbk5 was weak, coming in-n-out for Tim and I but we exchanged a few words.

Propagation is interesting. Both are 60mi from me and we had problems. On 40M we were shooting over each other's heads. 80M would have been better (NVIS propagation) but it was really noisy. I miss winter and the lack of lightningh crashes.

We could try 60 meters sometime if you have an antenna for that band. I have an all band dipole fed with open wire feedline so I can play on all the bands up through 6 meters.

I am using a 43 ft vertical with 40 ground radials and a Palstar manual tuner. I can get a decent tune on most bands/frequencies so I am up for another shot.

Back
Top Bottom