• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way to make this work with Tapatalk? Or is there some other way to get notifications about threads I subscribe to or PM's on my phone?

Tapatalk will not be returning, but you can enable email notifications for both posts and conversations (PMs).

The biggest tragedy of the upgrade? My avatar is no longer dancing unless you click on my profile. She just stands there. :(

it is also truncated with her head chopped off, and low resolution. Actually my porcupine on the left doesn't look right either... nose chopped off. Maybe a re-upload will make this right?

Select the text you want to quote, a "Reply" button will pop up. Rinse and repeat.

won't work on safari cell phone browser...but works fine on a windows desktop using chrome...and works on chrome cell phone browser...def going to miss using tapatalk on my cell phone...was very easy to navigate on a smaller screen

you also lose the multiquote if you have to switch pages

and thanks for all the hard work

I'm trying to configure my settings so that I can view new posts at the top. Has anyone found a way to do that? Otherwise, this does everything the old forum does, just differently.

I'm trying to configure my settings so that I can view new posts at the top. Has anyone found a way to do that? Otherwise, this does everything the old forum does, just differently.

Strange request, but added. There is a drop down if you go into "User Preferences" which will allow you to change the post sort order.

Ah finally.... I just deleted Tapatalk. My hatred for that app burns with the power of 1000 suns. And no more ads every few threads saying "You won't believe what this old celebrity looks like today!" Die Tapatalk die!!

It is working pretty well on my phone so far. It is a bit tricky clicking on threads though... Looks like the title link has to be carefully clicked on. Otherwise I get the profile of the OP or some other feature.

You guys realize they're still working on the upgrade, right? Probably take a few days or weeks to get everything straightened out.

I feel like they saw some forum members shaking in the dark corner hugging their knees and rocking back and forth and decided to drop what they had so we could come back.

It's too bad Tapatalk won't be coming back that was exclusively how I accessed the forum. I know I'm not a contributor here but I'm not going to be a lurker anymore either unless there's a different app out there with all the functionality of Tapatalk.

won't work on safari cell phone browser...but works fine on a windows desktop using chrome...and works on chrome cell phone browser...def going to miss using tapatalk on my cell phone...was very easy to navigate on a smaller screen

you also lose the multiquote if you have to switch pages
There's this thing called copy and paste... I do it all the time on my phone.

It's too bad Tapatalk won't be coming back that was exclusively how I accessed the forum. I know I'm not a contributor here but I'm not going to be a lurker anymore either unless there's a different app out there with all the functionality of Tapatalk.
So... coming here on a mobile browser is too hard for you to lurk on?

Len,
I don't know the plans/schedule, but I am off on Monday so if that's the day I am free to sit in my car outside a random house somewhere in this state. Either a nice non-descript Honda or an "in your face Gadsden Jeep". PM if I can help.

Thanks but not needed. Service was yesterday and entire neighborhood came together, cooked, set everything up at their house in No. Reading so when we left the funeral home there were people at the house to greet us. Ray was a pillar in his neighborhood and they paid him back in this case. Even though Ray said he didn't want the pomp and circumstance of the FD and military funeral, 2 trucks showed up on duty plus many FFs both on and off duty. I had a long and educational discussion with one of his Marine buddies that served with him (some important info that I'll post later in the Military sub-forum).

But I definitely appreciate the offer.

May his memory be a blessing to you.

Thanks. It is, believe me. The one personal plus is that has been many years since I've seen some of his Family (they live in TX, NM, Portland, etc.). The plus for the Family is that they accept that Ray is now at peace and no longer suffering and that is getting them thru this rough time with a very positive attitude.

There's this thing called copy and paste... I do it all the time on my phone.

So multi quoting on Tapatalk or the old forum you just clicked multi quote and could switch pages and select any others you want to multi quote as you go and then just hit reply...now you have to click reply then click select all then click copy then if you find another hit reply then paste the other quote and select them both and hit copy and so on...how is that easier than on Tapatalk or the old forum?

Is there a way to make the forum show like 40 or 50 posts per page ?

Been through preferences,didn't see anything.

Due to the way links are constructed in this software, that's not a user-configurable option unfortunately.

So multi quoting on Tapatalk or the old forum you just clicked multi quote and could switch pages and select any others you want to multi quote as you go and then just hit reply...now you have to click reply select all copy then if you find another hit reply then paste the other quote and select them both and hit copy and so on...how is that easier than on Tapatalk or the old forum?

This has been fixed.

Select all the quotes you want, and then once you get to composing your reply, click on the "Insert Quotes" button on the left side of the reply box.

The Xenforo app on iTunes might be for you, but I believe this will be the NES platform henceforth.

This has been fixed.

Select all the quotes you want, and then once you get to composing your reply, click on the "Insert Quotes" button on the left side of the reply box.

Thanks...great job guys...also having trouble moving the cursor while trying to reply...have to backspace everything to edit something already typed due to not being able to move the cursor

Is it really new software if the pedestal sink is still for sale?

Due to the way links are constructed in this software, that's not a user-configurable option unfortunately.

That’s a bummer. Other than that, the upgrade is fine so far.

Great job and I recognize that it is a work in progress.

Please add to your list to increase the font size of the username and status (NES Member, etc.).

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom