NES FIELD TRIP TO SIG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArmedMainer said:
I'd love to go to the S+W Performance Center. [smile]

Part of the tour to S&W involves going thru the Performance Center. Most def. the best part of the entire tour. When I went a few years ago the guy who was running the frame forging came out with an SW1911 frame glowing orange as it was just forged. It was a very cool day. Plus, if we went to S&W we could make the trip over to the Springfield Armory.

Pete

Mr Erhardt posts on warrifles from time to time. As stated above, he seems like a very down to earth fellow. He would be good to have on here, although I am sure Jarhead is a good person given his apherent employment.

I'd be in for trips with everyone here to any and all of those places! I've been to the Sig training center but not the plant and would love to go for a tour!

I just need the dates ahead of time to see if I'm not working that day...

SiameseRat said:
Didn't see C-pher's post about this probably not happening. [sad]

Anywhere else we could go? Somebody said S&W...?

i believe beretta's down in maryland..(i think ?)

some of the folks over at the beretta forum i belong to are going.i guess it's a nice place cause some are even flying over from the west coast to go.

beretta92d said:
i believe beretta's down in maryland..(i think ?)

some of the folks over at the beretta forum i belong to are going.i guess it's a nice place cause some are even flying over from the west coast to go.
That'd be quite a hike from here for a day trip! Is anyone looking in to make a S&W trip? (not it! [smile] )

how about a field trip to Bushmaster in Windham ME

basically go north on 95 to Portland and bang a left.

don't know if they do tours, I have benn there a coupld of time to play touchy feely with their guns when trying to decide on which one to buy. nice people.

PistolPete said:
Part of the tour to S&W involves going thru the Performance Center. Most def. the best part of the entire tour. When I went a few years ago the guy who was running the frame forging came out with an SW1911 frame glowing orange as it was just forged. It was a very cool day. Plus, if we went to S&W we could make the trip over to the Springfield Armory.

Pete
My wife and I went to Springfield Armory a few months ago. Had we known S+W was doing tours we would've gone while we were right there. I heard you could try out certain PC models if you bought the ammo there. Some rainy Saturday we'll take another spin out there.

You will need to book a tour in advance. I believe they may only do them during the week though. Also there needs to be a minumum number of people which I believe is 6 or so. I went with my wife but we were able to book with some other people. However, the other people cancelled and the tour ended up being just my wife and I.

Pete

depending on the time, I'd also be interested in going. Looks like I'll be attending the SIG academy somtime this yr too - hopefully.

Last edited:
If you folks read Post #55 in this thread you might learn that SIG does NOT give factory tours. Thus, I doubt that this will ever happen.

Sorry, don't mean to dash anyone's hopes, as I wanted to go too!

Good idea C-pher.

I'm locking this thread since we found that SIG doesn't give plant tours.

Sorry folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom