NES FIELD TRIP TO SIG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father and I are interested in going on the trip.

Schedule permitting, as with most others.

Last edited:
Yes please. I am only a bit over one hour from there. Just built and installed a kitchen in Exeter and heard frequent shooting. Must be a range nearby. SIG I am sure has an indoor range of course.

Cool!

Must be a range nearby. SIG I am sure has an indoor range of course.

Yep, Sig has two locations...Sig Arms which is in Exeter and Sig Academy where they do the training is about 2 miles away in Epping, right past NE Dragway.

We're going to close the head count tonight.

Then we're going to start looking into when we can get to SIG, and we'll post a few possible dates.

We're going to need to work around some of the classes that are being offered by some of the trainers around this board, but we'll come up with some dates, and go with the one that the most people can join.

C-pher said:
We're going to close the head count tonight.

Then we're going to start looking into when we can get to SIG, and we'll post a few possible dates.

We're going to need to work around some of the classes that are being offered by some of the trainers around this board, but we'll come up with some dates, and go with the one that the most people can join.
What's the good word C-pher?

We're going to start looking into things now. It might take some time, but we'll keep you posted.

It seems that we have A LOT of people, so we'll have to see how SIG want's to do things. We might be in different groups. But we'll know more when we talk to them.

I just saw this thread. Is it too late to get in? I know! I'll fill in for one of the people that cancels.

Ok, I have spoken with Paul Erhardt, he's the Director of Marketing over at SIG SAUER. SIG doesn't normally do tours, they just aren't set up for them. So, he's going to see if there might be anything that he can do or us.

I did speak with him for about a half hour yesterday. And I can say that he's a very down to earth and understanding person. He did ask about our forum, and we discussed the direction this forum is headed. And that we're a family based forum, and use this mainly for information and a way for us here in New England to share our love for this sport.

He was checking the site out as we were on the phone and seemed to have a lot of very good questions. I'm sure that he wanted to know how we were before he invited a bunch of hooligans into his plant. [smile]

As of now, it's not looking like something that we're going to be able to do as a group of 50 people. He said that it's just too much of a distraction and they just aren't logistically set up for a group of that size.

He did say that he was going to look into some other options and get back to me. Or, if we're lucky, post something here on the board.

For the guys here that shot the AFS shoot on Sunday. I understand that one of his engineers won one of the classes. That's a good thing when I told him that a lot of our members here on NES were the driving force to get that going during the winters.

The only thing that I didn't mention was that our own member Jarhead works over at thier plant. When I speak to him again, I'll be sure to bring that up...I just didn't know his real name. And I hate to speak with someone without knowing all of the information.

Anyway...

So, that's the short of it...we'll wait to see what might come down the pike. But it's looking like a tour at SIG might not be happening.

If the Sig trip doesn't pan out why don't we make a trip to Smith and Wesson? They give tours all the time. I went there once before and it was a great day.

Pete

Didn't see C-pher's post about this probably not happening. [sad]

Anywhere else we could go? Somebody said S&W...?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom