• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Air-gunners?

I bought this compressor last year. It works, with no issues. No cooling lines needed. I don't think I'd use it to fill scuba tanks, though.
View attachment 796016
I have a similar unit and I do use mine to fill my scuba. Just cant do it all at once. 20 to 25 minute intervals over the course of a few days. 310 bar. Compressor seems to be ok with it so far.

Another one here that picked up some of the Gooses guns. And this is my recent setup for some night time critter dispatch.
Weihrach HW-100, .22 cal, ATN X-5. I did mount the scope to a quick detach so I can swap it between guns as it can save different profiles in its memory. Still new to the scope so I haven't tried that yet, but it's also my first NV scope and I wanted to plink in the yard with it. The gun itself is a tack driver.
View attachment 795705View attachment 795706
rifle is bad ass and black german shepherd carrying full size basket ball is baller though lol

.... I figure if there’s enough interest, I can reach out to one of the mods and see about adding a subforum
i like the idea, going to look into finding a spot to shoot and probably pick something up. i know nothing about it, but going to start looking into it. what is that scope you have there and did you buy your rifle at the shop in Stoneham?

i like the idea, going to look into finding a spot to shoot and probably pick something up. i know nothing about it, but going to start looking into it. what is that scope you have there and did you buy your rifle at the shop in Stoneham?
No, I went to poor-mans route and bought a used one on eBay😅. The scope is just an inexpensive Chinese piece off Amazon, it came on the rifle. Going to just leave it for now until I figure out what I want to do with the rest of the platform. Eventually, it’ll either get a dedicated night vision scope, or I’ll go the thermal clip on route.
Funny enough I’m actually on my way to the shop in Stoneham right now.

Fwb 300s and C5.

The 300s is my all around favorite, interesting as it's a side lever spring gun where the action is on a sliding track that cancels out most of the felt recoil and resets on each shot upon cocking. No need for an 'artillery hold'. At 10m it will pretty much shoot single hole groups.
Cocking is so easy it can be done with the end of your pinky finger. Very quiet also.
A favorite thing to do with this one is sitting on the picnic table in the back yard and popping acorns off the top of a big oak tree.

The C5 is a pre charge co2 5 shot semi auto, was lucky to find it with both a few additional cylinders as well as magazines, they're expensive and hard to find. Co2 goes a long way, I've never needed to refill my tank in probably 20 years.

Attachments

• 1 fwb 300s c5.JPG
    1 fwb 300s c5.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 13
I love to hear about who makes these
Eagle vision is the manufacturer. Not sure what calibers they make them for but I got one for the 25 and I know I saw 177 and 22 also. Not sure on the 30 or 35s. When I received it I immediately ordered a second one. Nothing else comes close in my opinion. Check into it.

No, I went to poor-mans route and bought a used one on eBay😅. The scope is just an inexpensive Chinese piece off Amazon, it came on the rifle. Going to just leave it for now until I figure out what I want to do with the rest of the platform. Eventually, it’ll either get a dedicated night vision scope, or I’ll go the thermal clip on route.
Funny enough I’m actually on my way to the shop in Stoneham right now.
thank you for responding, i'll take a look on ebay, didnt realize they were able to sell them.

Was doing 50 20230915_195742 - Copy.jpg yd for a while, last night went back to 100 yd, 27 grn hn slug, 930 fps, with 700mm heavy barrel 1:16 and carbon sleeve. That 5 oclock 7 was first shot, adjusted the sights and things got better. It is near the end of the outdoor season , so this would be my best at Standing position. Have made a lot of progress and knowledge in this outdoor air rifle for first season at it. The only thing holding me back is the FX Boss trigger, reasonably good trigger, but not great like an Anschutz, I had dremel cut the grub screws flat for the install, little bit of creep due to this, so planning to crown / point these grub screws , less creep. I did get it down to 2.5 ounces.

Need some help with tank fill.
I’ve got an early gen TalonSS probably 14/15 years old that I’m trying to fill. Previously have only ever used hand pump. But today I got a Venturi tank to fill my newly acquired FX. So I thought I would finally be done hand pumping my Talon, wrong. First time trying to use fill adapter that came with the rifle (pictured below). Opening bleed valve on fill tank just bled down the rifle tank completely, as if the TopHat was stuck open. Do I need a different adapter or another bleed valve somehow at the talon tank?
IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg

Need some help with tank fill.
I’ve got an early gen TalonSS probably 14/15 years old that I’m trying to fill. Previously have only ever used hand pump. But today I got a Venturi tank to fill my newly acquired FX. So I thought I would finally be done hand pumping my Talon, wrong. First time trying to use fill adapter that came with the rifle (pictured below). Opening bleed valve on fill tank just bled down the rifle tank completely, as if the TopHat was stuck open. Do I need a different adapter or another bleed valve somehow at the talon tank?
IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg
"You’ll need an adapter to fill the reservoir with air. The type of adapter depends on how you plan to fill your gun. A scuba tank will require a different adapter than a hand pump or carbon fiber tank. If you use a hand pump, the type of adapter you need depends on the brand of hand pump you use."

That looks like a regular foster fitting on the adapter in the pic. Should be able to fill that tank with the same fitting or hose you used on the pump. I got all three air sources. Pump, compressor, tank....all fill off same fitting. Don't really understand where you are having the problem. I am not familiar with the talon series rifles though. But from your pics I am unable to see any issues.

On Chronos, I still like the Competition Electronics line. Just seem to work and the new models are phone/tablet friendly (Bluetooth), too.

Back
Top Bottom