Nephew wants to get FID Card in Millis

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
My Nephew, John, wants to get his FID. He lives in Millis.

I understand he can take the basic pistol course, or a hunter safety course to become certified for his FID.

Is there an advantage to taking one course over the other?

If he takes the basic pistol course, will he be allowed to purchase a hunting license?

I looked around this site quite a bit, and found the information hard to pin down for a newbie. The search didn't turn up basic facts I needed.

So what does my Nephew have to do to get his FID. He is 18.

Where can he take the appropriate course around Millis?

Does anyone around Millis who is a member here offer the course he needs?

Thanks

Bill

He can take Home firearm safety or Basic pistol or Hunter safety to obtain his FID. He needs hunter safety for his hunting license.

Thanks Mike-Mike.

Then I quess I'm looking for a Hunter safety course near Millis. Seeing as hunting season has strarted, anyone have any ideas where I might find a course?

My Nephew, John, wants to get his FID. He lives in Millis.

I understand he can take the basic pistol course, or a hunter safety course to become certified for his FID.

Yes

Is there an advantage to taking one course over the other?

The hunter safety course covers a lot of issues about hunting laws and hunting safety that just are not covered in firearm safety classes. But the hunting safety course does not teach anything about marksmanship -- no shooting at all.

If he takes the basic pistol course, will he be allowed to purchase a hunting license?

No

So what does my Nephew have to do to get his FID. He is 18.
He needs to take a state certified safety course and apply for the FID at his police station.

Where can he take the appropriate course around Millis?

How far is Millis from Northboro? GOAL teaches at Northboro.

Thanks Mike-Mike.

Then I quess I'm looking for a Hunter safety course near Millis. Seeing as hunting season has strarted, anyone have any ideas where I might find a course?

He needs Hunter safety to get FID and Hunt. He will need to take Home firearm, basic pistol or other approved class to eventually get LTC. So if he doesn't want to hunt he is better off taking one of those classes (from ME haha). And he will be good for his LTC as well. If he wants to hunt, go the route you where thinking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom