Need law stating pre-ban mags legal in Ma.

Don't waste time arguing with vendors. Either trick/manipulate/wallhack them (eg, free america drop point) or move onto the next one. Getting them to change their mind is futile.

but it's fun to post on their facebook pages what ignorant a******* they are....

\ aaaaaannnnnnnd........... All set, just got 3 mags coming, paid a bit more, but no BS, sent a copy of my LTC..

Thanks again to all that offered help!!!

That hasn't been my experience. I'll try again.

Maybe they operate like PUDs gun shop does where they are opporunisitic and will rape MA residents on certain items but send nothing else here. [rofl]

-Mike

Here is the response I received back this morning....

Mr. Cotton,

I have read the attachments you sent us and to my understanding you may keep / possess hi cap magazines If YOU had them in YOUR possession BEFORE 1994. It does not say I can ship hi cap mags to a MA individual.

Therefore we will not be able to sell you the VZ58 mags.

Sorry for the confusion but the last thing I need is problems with some liberal Ma state attorney. I know….. It is extremely frustrating for me to!!

Best,
Mike
Michael A. Davis
Clearview Investments Inc.
102 Fieldview Dr.
Versailles, Ky 40383
800-225-5790 Office

859-873-9877 Office

859-873-6229 Fax

I wish you had posted this last week. My wife picked up my daughter and her husband @ Logan on Monday the 6th. They spent Easter with his parents in Versailles. They pronounce it " Ver-sales ". I'd never heard of the place until my daughter met her husband. I'm sure my son-in-law would've gone and picked them up then mailed them to you before he left.

When I first met his parents I told his step dad, who is a native Kentuckian, that I was somewhat of an authority on Kentucky. He said " Really, how so?" I told him that I've seen every episode of Justified [laugh]

I wish you had posted this last week. My wife picked up my daughter and her husband @ Logan on Monday the 6th. They spent Easter with his parents in Versailles. They pronounce it " Ver-sales ". I'd never heard of the place until my daughter met her husband. I'm sure my son-in-law would've gone and picked them up then mailed them to you before he left.

When I first met his parents I told his step dad, who is a native Kentuckian, that I was somewhat of an authority on Kentucky. He said " Really, how so?" I told him that I've seen every episode of Justified [laugh]

Thanks for the thought.. next time..

Last edited:
Try searching on Gunbroker too ... Ive found a few sellers on there who are ok with shipping these kinds of things to MA with the proper documentation.

Maybe 1 out of every 20 I contacted tho lol ...

I must be lucky then. I've never had an issue with getting specific evil killy but legal items shipped to me.

Of course, I'm the one who comes straight out and tells the seller, here's the deal: I'm licensed to possess these. Here is a digital copy of my LTC. I quote the MGL, I throw the links in there too, as well as GOALS AWB page, mention they have no legal consequences to worry about and it's never failed me once.

I spoke to the vendor regarding these mags. He called GOAL. I tried to convince him that your order was perfectly legal but was not successful. His financial loss, your aggravation. Glad it worked out for you.

and thank you too!!! Did he said what the outcome was with GOAL, obviously they were not able to sway him.... and was it Mike you spoke with, I take it you spoke with Clearview...

I must be lucky then. I've never had an issue with getting specific evil killy but legal items shipped to me.

Of course, I'm the one who comes straight out and tells the seller, here's the deal: I'm licensed to possess these. Here is a digital copy of my LTC. I quote the MGL, I throw the links in there too, as well as GOALS AWB page, mention they have no legal consequences to worry about and it's never failed me once.

Ok... I'll pay, can you get these from Clearview Investments....

Done deal!!!!!! Just received 3 new pre ban 30rd mags in the mail yesterday...

Good job. There's always a way around the bullshit.

Here's another little tidbit... Get yourself a C&R license. Some sellers will ship stuff like that to C&R holders in MA if they won't sell to someone with just an LTC. More than a few times I've contacted a seller on Gunbroker or other places and asked about something, they say "we can't ship that to MA.", I say "I have an FFL.", and they say "Oh well that changes everything. Send us a copy of it and we'll process the order." Not once has a seller told me the FFL03 doesn't qualify. It's still an FFL right? And everything that I've ordered going that route is perfectly legal to own in MA, so booya.

Good job. There's always a way around the bullshit.

Here's another little tidbit... Get yourself a C&R license. Some sellers will ship stuff like that to C&R holders in MA if they won't sell to someone with just an LTC. More than a few times I've contacted a seller on Gunbroker or other places and asked about something, they say "we can't ship that to MA.", I say "I have an FFL.", and they say "Oh well that changes everything. Send us a copy of it and we'll process the order." Not once has a seller told me the FFL03 doesn't qualify. It's still an FFL right? And everything that I've ordered going that route is perfectly legal to own in MA, so booya.

Kinda hilarious considering an 03 is irrelevant vs MGL (in most cases) but if it makes the dumbass vendor feel safe and warmy, go for it. [laugh]

-Mike

Well, it allows you to say "I'm an FFL". And be telling the truth.

If you can lie to them, and they eat it up, then who cares? you're not breaking any laws, just busting the balls of an idiot vendor that is too spineless to do business here.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom