Need help for friend in spec ops army!

Ok guys and gals. My best friend has spent 5 years in a ranger unit and done 3 tours etc etc.

He's finally done, and safe, thank God.

He's in Savannah and want to buy an m4 before he leaves a free state. What makes what he buys not mass compliant.

He wants two stage trigger, floating barrel. What CAN he buy there and live with here?

the best advice he can get is, move to any zip code in NH ( except as it seems New Boston ) Tell him to go live in a state that appreciates the freedoms he served to protect.

heres a few basics,

fixed stock only
pre ban hi cap mags only
no flash hider
no bayonet lug

edit: also mention a $19 membership to NES and a $30 membership to GOAL are a GREAT idea if for some reason he MUST move to MA

I am not 100% positive but I believe he can buy whatever is legal to sell while on post in Georgia and then he can bring it back to MA when he gets his DD214.... I was told that this is how "unapproved" firearms get into this state. Do your homework and double check but I believe he is okay to buy his evil m4 with a telescopic buttstock etc.

I am not 100% positive but I believe he can buy whatever is legal to sell while on post in Georgia and then he can bring it back to MA when he gets his DD214.... I was told that this is how "unapproved" firearms get into this state. Do your homework and double check but I believe he is okay to buy his evil m4 with a telescopic buttstock etc.

yup, he can buy it with a adjustable stock. But if it enters the state of MA it cannot have

collapsible stock
flash hider
bayonet lug
post ban hi cap
ect ect ect unless he is a FFL

"unapproved" firearms really only pertains to handguns and our ag Regs. The AWB is totally different. There is no way to have a "approved" M4 with " evil" features without having a FFL or it being preban

drb

Last edited:
Having been in that position my self, the one thing I wish I would have done, was bought like 5 more handguns. Like a Springfield 1911 TRP, Taurus Judge, a Kahr or 2, etc.

**DRB** is 100% right.

You are confusing EOPS/AG compliance with AWB compliance.

You can move into MA with EOPS/AG non-compliant HANDGUNS, but ALL firearms must be AWB compliant.

Having been in that position my self, the one thing I wish I would have done, was bought like 5 more handguns. Like a Springfield 1911 TRP, Taurus Judge, a Kahr or 2, etc.

I wish I had known anything about this state before having moved here 3 years ago myself.

Back
Top Bottom