Need a very concealed holster for Glock 19

Hello All - I'm looking for holster options. My carry gun is a Glock 19. I want something that is HIGHLY concealable... IWB, in the shirt, leg, etc.

I typically wear a suit, but want the flexibility to have my jacket off, and still be concealed. Any suggestions?

A compact glock is still a pretty large gun. Your best bet is getting a 'tuckable' IWB set to the lowest setting so just the very end of the butt is over the belt line. This will eliminate the printing from the belt to the tucked shirt but you still have to contend with the bulge from the belt down.

You can probably get away with a subcompact depending on your body type but it didn't work for me with a G23. I'm 5' 11" 185 lbs medium build with not much of a gut. I tried a comp-tac ctac that worked the best but I still felt it gave itself away if I didn't wear a cover vest or jacket. Glocks 9mm and 40 cal being a double stack are a bit too fat for that regard.

Leg or ankle carry did not work well for me either. You really never get used to it and walking normally does pose a challenge especially if you walk or move around alot during the day.

Right now I either use my crossbreed holster with a CS9 if I am wearing loose clothes/untucked or a 2oclock tuckable with an airweight J if otherwise.

Last edited:
Glock is still a fairly big gun. You'll need to buy your pants a good 1" bigger to fit it IWB. I tried the tuckable route with a much smaller gun (Kahr MK9) using a Milt Sparks VersaMaxII holster, and it just didn't work for me. Not very comfortable. Putting on the holster and tucking the shirt was a PIA.

How secure do those comptac holsters hold the glock? That design looks to be ideal for comfort and a secure fit would be my only concern if I go without a retention strap. I'd also agree that any double stack is pushing it for t-shirt weather but I think a G19/G23 is doable in colder weather. Any options of Comptec's belts?

No need for a retention strap on a comptac holster, particularly on an IWB holster where the tension of your belt helps retention.

If a Glock 19 is shorter than a 5" 1911 then this should work.

Not many people will stare at your crotch in any case..

http://www.smartcarry.com/photos.html

I have two, I can hide a 5" or a 3" 1911 but the 5" is an "ouch" for Mr. Happy when I sit down.
Doable with practice, but you have to pay attention. The 3" is no problem.

If you can get pleated trousers with your suit not even you will be able to detect it visually.

another +1 for comp-tac

-I tried one on at a gun show (Lunenberg????) and purchased it on the spot, tuckable, adjustable ride-height, cant, ect...

*cautionary note* order spare screws and bushings when / if you order. mine came loose and i'm now waiting on a three sets of replacements screws and bushings......

-Done Hume P.C.C.H (preferred concealment carry holster) - which I had as my primary until i tried the c-tac; it still gets use, depending on what i'm wearing. very comfortable, IWB.

-lastly, get a cheap IWB as a back up as well ($10 dollar rack or off e-bay). those cheapo's have their use. [wink]

best of luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
deep concealment with a suit? no jacket?

I wouldn't even consider my comptac ctac (or mtac) even though they're one of the best IWB's.

I'd go with my Smartcarry for sure.

I can conceal my G26 or my J frame in my SmartCarry with NO printing whatsoever while wearing a suit. Jacket or no jacket.

But this is all what works for me and my body type. [grin]

The only IWB holster I have for my G19 is the Comptac CTAC and you're welcome to try it on with your suit.

Last edited:
How secure do those comptac holsters hold the glock? That design looks to be ideal for comfort and a secure fit would be my only concern if I go without a retention strap. I'd also agree that any double stack is pushing it for t-shirt weather but I think a G19/G23 is doable in colder weather. Any options of Comptec's belts?

i rock a sig 229 or mp40 fullsize, both of which are double stack guns with a t shirt all the time. MTAC iwb.

retention straps are not needed the MTAC holds the gun very well so it ain't going nowhere and i'd imagine the other CTAC products have the same retention levels.

Comp-tac MTAC.

The retention is adjustable as well as the cant and height. It has leather on the back and is very comfortable. I wear one all day every day.

i'm fond of my Crossbreed...although i dont have any pics of it with a tucked in shirt (i never wear suits).

DSC_2468.jpg

DSC_2471.jpg

No jacket and dressed in a suit, you need a tuckable holster if you mean to carry IWB. There are a few good recommendations above. Also consider a Milt Sparks Versa Max II.

ETA: Just saw M1911 mentioned the VMII. With the kydex clips it really conceals. And a plus to Sparks holsters, you can sell it for pretty much what you paid if you don't like it.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "highly concealed"? Almost anything you use will at least show the clips. Some manufacturers offer "C" clips, but even those are visible if you're looking for them. Something like the Smart Carry may be your best bet, or a belly band.

Hello All - I'm looking for holster options. My carry gun is a Glock 19. I want something that is HIGHLY concealable... IWB, in the shirt, leg, etc.

I typically wear a suit, but want the flexibility to have my jacket off, and still be concealed. Any suggestions?

I've faced this exact issue for a while now... I wear a suit, or suit-like clothes, everyday in the office. I commute via public transport, including a decent amount of walking, and I insist to carry everyday.

I have a M&P9c, so my situation is a little different than yours, but I have tried a number of holsters. No IWB, no matter how comfortable, ended up being conceal-able enough for me to be satisfied.

Now, I daily carry with a Biachi Ranger Triad. HERE is a little descriptive link.

Few notes:

- Very concealed... you'll notice it but no one else will, it blends into the natural cuffing of the pantleg. Just make sure your pants are a little bit longer than they need to be. From there, just don't cross your leg with the gun-leg up. Ie: I am right handed, so when in the office, I always cross legs with right over left, ya know?

- It has a few features that beat our all others, when I was doing my shopping. First, you wear it pretty low on your ankle; the bottom of the holster actually has ankle-dimples for your bones to sit on. This gives a nice little fit & makes it more secure in position. Second, it has a cutout for your Achilles, I've never had a problem with it chafing or pinching at the bottom of the holster. Third, it uses a few velcro straps, very easily adjustable and comfortable. It's not perfect out of the box, I ended up using some moleskin on the inside of the gun-side. Also, its padded....

- I've actually sprinted for the train more than a few times with this on. Never, ever an issue. After a few days you'll completely adjust.

I bought way too many holsters in my "search" for the right one, and this is now the one I use on a daily basis, for the reasons I listed above. On weekends when I am in normal clothes, I use a CrossBreed Supertuck, which I can also go on and on about (love it, especially after adding moleskin to the back), but it wouldn't work for deep concealment, nor use in an active office.

I hope that helps a little.

Have worn Elite Survival IWB for years, found it is best

I carry either a Glock 26 (compact) or, in winter months, sometimes the Glock 22 (a cannon!!)...I own the Elite Survival IWB holster for both....have NEVER had a problem, secure, comfortable, durable, etc etc!!

I JUST got a Minotaur 2 weeks ago. By far the best, most comfortable IWB I've used. Tuckable, concealable, and I don't even know I have it on after all day wear.

Plus, the service from Comp-Tac was superlative.

I just got mine in the mail today for my P239, feels and looks great, but it squeeks. Hopefully, that will work out.

Back
Top Bottom