NBA, Bloomie to air anti gun ads during games

Obie1

NES Member
"The NBA is putting a full-court press on ending gun violence.
In an unprecedented move placing the league at the center of one of the nation’s most polarizing issues, the NBA is rolling out a forceful advertising campaign calling for an end to firearm-fueled bloodshed.
The first of the TV commercials — featuring deeply personal appeals by stars such as Steph Curry, Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony — are set to air during the high-profile Christmas Day contests"
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...rol-ads-christmas-day-games-article-1.2474877

The NBA commissioner Silver is a huge liberal, the league is run from NYC, etc. This is no surprise. Also incredibly pointless. Someone part of the "firearm fueled bloodshed" isn't going to be swayed from murder by a stupid ad from some pampered athlete.

...the NBA is rolling out a forceful advertising campaign calling for an end to firearm-fueled bloodshed
Uhh... violent crime rates have been going down for ~25 years.

I am not going to stop watching the Celtics because some ahole's commercials....I will ignore them like I do with any other anti gun BS.

They should be worried about cleaning their own house, RE: NBA thugs.

Leave me the **** alone.

Which NBA players are PRO carry? If this is a public service announcement, do both sides get equal time?

lol how many dudes in the NBA have serious records?

s0EBHsS.gif

Lol the funny part is the PR on this is trying to spin it as though the message isn't anti gun. Booberg can't even be bothered to make another front org. Then again, whenever someone whines about "gun violence" specifically you know its anti gun.

-Mike

Saw some snippets of the comercials and sad as it is to loose a child to violent thugs all the PSAs in the world isn't going to make a difference.
I'm not a sports fan so I won't miss much and if I were a fan knowing that Spike Lee directed them would make me watch anything else even a test pattern .

the best thing to do is boycott all basketball from your TV on Christmas day. Tell all other gun forums you belong to, post it to facebook....the only way to beat these guys it to make the sacrifices...

When the TV ratings crash through the floor for these events they will have to start listening....we have to band together...if there are that many millions of us then it has to make a dent.

I'm clearly in the minority here. I play in a basketball league and enjoy the NBA. I hate to belittle the players but I think they're being used for an agenda that they are not completely aware of.

That's funny,in my opinion, black gun crime is probably 90% of the reason the Anti's are babbling about gun control. The NBA is about 90% Black . Their killing our gun rights !

They should be worried about cleaning their own house, RE: NBA thugs.

Leave me the **** alone.

But its YOUR fault!

Dems have created this thug culture in our cities due to a half century of dependency and generational welfare. Instead of changing policies (b/c that would cost them votes and power) they scapegoat law-abiding gun owners as the problem. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Guns don't cause violence. They are a tool. The violence will continue until the real problems are addressed.

Violent crime continues to decrease nationwide, yet in dem-run cities it has spiked recently ($hit-cago, Baltimore, etc)

The game would actually be more realistic if they carried their gats when they play. I would watch then.

- - - Updated - - -

That's funny,in my opinion, black gun crime is probably 90% of the reason the Anti's are babbling about gun control. The NBA is about 90% Black . Their killing our gun rights !
they don't care about black crime they want white control.

Back
Top Bottom