National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Drawn Up for Next Congress

I am not going to read this article, but assume this is another case where Moorah chooses when and where to be a federalist or be a firm believer in incorporation doctrine based soley on the issue at hand.

And even if my analysis is wrong, she is still a puckering a-hole.

Can we call her hotline to report her?

The cart is getting in front of the horse on this one.
I do agree that they need to be careful that it couldn't be turned around on us later.
I'm more in the camp of crushing states that violate the constitution with monetary sanctions.
You know those highway funds you were looking at to make all your hack buddies rich?
Wave bye bye, it just built another few miles of wall on the Mexican boarder.
Get back to us when your reading comprehension improves. "Shall not be infringed "

The cart is getting in front of the horse on this one.
I do agree that they need to be careful that it couldn't be turned around on us later.
I'm more in the camp of crushing states that violate the constitution with monetary sanctions.
You know those highway funds you were looking at to make all your hack buddies rich?
Wave bye bye, it just built another few miles of wall on the Mexican boarder.
Get back to us when your reading comprehension improves. "Shall not be infringed "

I'm with you on this issue.

While that is the current way things work because you need a NYC specific permit to carry wouldn't this allow them to simply get a new york state carry permit, since they are residents of new york state, and have that cover them now in the city and elsewhere in the US?
You can only get a NY (state or city) pistol permit in your county of residence unless you have enough juice to have the rules bent for you. (In other words, if you could pull that off, you probably could just a NYC carry permit like Trump, Sean Penn and Howard Stern did).

You can only get a NY (state or city) pistol permit in your county of residence unless you have enough juice to have the rules bent for you. (In other words, if you could pull that off, you probably could just a NYC carry permit like Trump, Sean Penn and Howard Stern did).

So the problem is the city is its own county that won't issue the license then? I'm not sure how they would go about getting that fixed, as i'm sure its been tried before.

he leaders in Mass have been messing with you guys for 50 years. I remember motorcycle helmet protests back in the mid 70's. You still have not changed that law and guns are going to be harder. All the Mass people gave up their rights years ago. You let it happen then and are not doing much to change it now.

Yes I said it. You gave up your rights. Now you sit back bitching about it. I feel for you but please stop trying to drag the rest of the states down with you. We have our 2nd amendment rights because we don't let our reps mess with us. We let our thoughts be known when it mattered.

So join the snow flakes and protest away, no one is listening.

New York City is five counties, one for each borough, that are consolidated into one city. They issue their own permits and New York State permits are not recognized in the city.

The Sullivan Act was originally passed to keep residents of New York City from possessing concealable firearms. It seems that the criminals didn't like citizens that could shoot back, so their owned politicians accommodated them by passing a law. Thus was modern gun control, outside of the deep south, born.

So the problem is the city is its own county that won't issue the license then? I'm not sure how they would go about getting that fixed, as i'm sure its been tried before.

NY as we know is crazy. As it has been for many years, each time you buy a handgun, you must go to your county clerk or sheriff's office and have that individual weapon added to your permit to carry...Some counties you to see the clerk and others the sheriff. Up to each individual county from what I understand.

he leaders in Mass have been messing with you guys for 50 years. I remember motorcycle helmet protests back in the mid 70's. You still have not changed that law and guns are going to be harder. All the Mass people gave up their rights years ago. You let it happen then and are not doing much to change it now.

Yes I said it. You gave up your rights. Now you sit back bitching about it. I feel for you but please stop trying to drag the rest of the states down with you. We have our 2nd amendment rights because we don't let our reps mess with us. We let our thoughts be known when it mattered.

Oh yes, please tell us what we should do.

If every gun owner in MA voted for a pro gun senator/rep we would still not be able to take over the legislature.

Just remember that you did nothing while MA died.....and then they came for you.

RIGHT, you elected two far left Democrat Senators and your State voted for Hillary. Welcome to Blue State hell. Only a matter of time before the transplanted m*******s outnumber you and turn NH into Northern Massachusetts.

RIGHT, you elected two far left Democrat Senators and your State voted for Hillary. Welcome to Blue State hell. Only a matter of time before the transplanted m*******s outnumber you and turn NH into Northern Massachusetts.

Liberalism does seem to spread like the plague.

While that is the current way things work because you need a NYC specific permit to carry wouldn't this allow them to simply get a new york state carry permit, since they are residents of new york state, and have that cover them now in the city and elsewhere in the US?
And NY does NOT issue non-resident firearms permits. GF's sister and hubby think Lake George is nirvana and they rent a house there every year for a two week vacation. I refuse to go because I can't carry. I would love to attend Americade but I won't for the same reason. I ride a BMWRT and the national BMW rally was in Hamburg, NY last year and I didn't attend for the same reason. I HATE NY.

And NY does NOT issue non-resident firearms permits. GF's sister and hubby think Lake George is nirvana and they rent a house there every year for a two week vacation. I refuse to go because I can't carry. I would love to attend Americade but I won't for the same reason. I ride a BMWRT and the national BMW rally was in Hamburg, NY last year and I didn't attend for the same reason. I HATE NY.

Technically, NY does issue non resident permits. I say technically, because in practice, it almost never happens,

My fallback plan was to move to Southern NH when I retire in 3 years because my daughter and son-in-law bought a house in Maynard and she is pregnant. Since you "Live Free or Die" citizens have been infected by m*******s crossing the undefended border my plan went up in smoke. Why move from one blue State to another?

- - - Updated - - -

Technically, NY does issue non resident permits. I say technically, because in practice, it almost never happens,
I haven't heard of anyone be issued a non-resident permit. If you know something I don't please share.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't heard of anyone be issued a non-resident permit. If you know something I don't please share.

While I do not personally know anyone who has received one, please reference the case of Osterweil v. Bartlett. While not truly a non resident permit, the case lays out that, under NY law, a person does not need to have his/her primary residence in NY and that just owning property there and only being there part time, is sufficient to quality for a NY permit. It is believed that with this ruling, any person who owns a vacation property in NY and can prove that (i.e. utility payments, property tax payments, etc) would qualify for a NY permit.

As I stated in my first reply, a person would technically be able to obtain a NY permit. However, I would say that for all practical purposes, the application would be denied and the person would have to spend considerable time, resources, and money in the court system to, hopefully, force the offending county to follow the law as decided in the above referenced case.

Just wait for the Constitutional Convention: 33 of the 34 require states have all Republican legislatures.

Who knows what they want to change or add but they almost have the votes to amend the Constitution. That means they could amend the Second so that it explicitly applies to all states wrt Constitutional Carry. Wouldn't that be Pandora's Box?

Last edited:
While I do not personally know anyone who has received one, please reference the case of Osterweil v. Bartlett. While not truly a non resident permit, the case lays out that, under NY law, a person does not need to have his/her primary residence in NY and that just owning property there and only being there part time, is sufficient to quality for a NY permit. It is believed that with this ruling, any person who owns a vacation property in NY and can prove that (i.e. utility payments, property tax payments, etc) would qualify for a NY permit.

As I stated in my first reply, a person would technically be able to obtain a NY permit. However, I would say that for all practical purposes, the application would be denied and the person would have to spend considerable time, resources, and money in the court system to, hopefully, force the offending county to follow the law as decided in the above referenced case.

Spot on...

We'll have Constitutional Carry next year in NH. Not bad for a blue state, huh?

OK, enough about NH vs. MA.

I hope national reciprocity happens. It would be a watershed moment in gun rights history. And while I believe in states rights, that's not the end in itself. Just the means. And if the means aren't getting to the ends, then time to change course.

You should def move some where else.

I love my "blue" state. Which is actually a perfectly balanced shade of purple.

We have no knife laws, state preemption over gun laws, no mandatory waiting periods, no registrations, gun-buybacks are prohibited by state law, 14-day mandatory turnaround for concealed carry licenses, and no prohibited carry zones except in courthouses past the front entrance.

We have no knife laws, state preemption over gun laws, no mandatory waiting periods, no registrations, gun-buybacks are prohibited by state law, 14-day mandatory turnaround for concealed carry licenses, and no prohibited carry zones except in courthouses past the front entrance.

Yup, bluer then blue. Honestly though, if people are so short sighted over national election results, I'd rather them stay put or move to what ever they think a "red" state is.

Yup, bluer then blue. Honestly though, if people are so short sighted over national election results, I'd rather them stay put or move to what ever they think a "red" state is.
Having been back and forth on this many times on NES, I can now honestly say the only two states that are awesome for gun rights are New Hampshire and Arizona...and of the two, one is so f*cking scorching hot even on COOL days in the summer that I'd last maybe two years before I'd look like Irish bacon....wife's family lives in AZ and they LOVE the gun laws (or lack of)...but they aren't so thrilled about waking up and stepping outside into something only slightly less brutal than a pizza oven - and it's barely even 9am yet??

Just wait for the Constitutional Convention: 33 of the 34 require states have all Republican legislatures.
Who knows what they want to change or add but they almost have the votes to amend the Constitution. That means they could amend the Second so that it explicitly to all states wrt Constitutional Carry. Wouldn't that be Pandora's Box?
After secretly surfing NES for probably the past hour or two, Maura's probably now busy wondering who Pandora is... [wink]

This looks great at first glance, but I wonder what will happen upon implementation. Sadly, this country has devolved to the lowest common denominator in most cases.

I could see some benefit to codifying some basic minimum standards for national carry, much like drivers' licenses and RealID. I also see the huge potential for a gross perversion of this right in order to satisfy said common lowest denominator, like say, a national gun registry? The USA is really really into keeping a lot of lists about everybody. It wouldn't surprise me to see this as the beginning to an end, in the long run.

I get nervous about what Federalizing Conceal Carry could do to states like NH.

I get nervous about what Federalizing Conceal Carry could do to states like NH.

Yup, if the feds try to set standards, we basically put the possibility of turning the various reciprocity agreements into multistate compacts into a tailspin. A tailspin where whoever controls Congress decides what the minimum requirement for the interstate carry license is.

Back
Top Bottom