• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Drawn Up for Next Congress

Match with the silencer bill too please. And I'd have a raging boner that I'd need to call a doctor for and that would be cheaper too if he repeals obamacare

No more nonresident licenses. I wonder how restricted LTCs would be treated outside MA?
Thats whats great and terrible about this..while i hate the federal gov interfering with states rights. I live in a state that interferes with my rights. reporocity opens a can of worms thats only solved by constitutional carry.

I look at it as similar to the fed telling states segregation isnt ok.

It is not at all obvious to me that the federal government had the constitutional authority to force states into recognizing concealed carry permits issued by other states. And if they do by means of some BS reading of the commerce clause (it shall be lawful to carry any gun that's been in interstate commerce....) it would be a significant blow to states right.

I, for one, would rather see the Justice Department sue individual cities and states for infringing upon the rights of people to keep and bear arms in just the same way that they sue local governments for infringing upon other rights.

Remove "neighboring", replace with "any".

I too, hope for this...

Agree, hope that changes. If not, at least that would cover New York.

what happens re: vermont residents in a national reciprocity scenario??

Read the article and click the link to the text of the law. No mention is made of "neighboring" - the award of lawyer's fees is available whether the wrongful prosecution is a "neighboring" state or not. No license is required if one's home state doesn't require a license for its residents.

That all said, begging the Federal Government to hand over our 2nd Amendment rights under the Commerce Clause is a terrible long-term strategy for our 2A rights.

Read the article and click the link to the text of the law. No mention is made of "neighboring" - the award of lawyer's fees is available whether the wrongful prosecution is a "neighboring" state or not. No license is required if one's home state doesn't require a license for its residents.

That all said, begging the Federal Government to hand over our 2nd Amendment rights under the Commerce Clause is a terrible long-term strategy for our 2A rights.

Looks like the word neighboring was used in the context of another state you are visiting for the article with no thought that it might be interpreted strictly as directly touching states.

Queen Maura is up for reelection in 2018. Time to mobilize soon and take her down, we do t need a republican, we could try to identify someone with a D to primary her. The angle is 1) how much of the states money she's wasted on frivolous lawsuits and 2) how she's failed to prosecute true corruption in the commonwealth. 3) how she's a political hack that isn't serving the people.

People will respond to those.

It is not at all obvious to me that the federal government had the constitutional authority to force states into recognizing concealed carry permits issued by other states. And if they do by means of some BS reading of the commerce clause (it shall be lawful to carry any gun that's been in interstate commerce....) it would be a significant blow to states right.

I, for one, would rather see the Justice Department sue individual cities and states for infringing upon the rights of people to keep and bear arms in just the same way that they sue local governments for infringing upon other rights.

What he said^^^

• I’d like to see simple legislation that states may not restrict the sale or possession of any firearm, ammunition, magazines or other firearm accessory if possession of those items would generally be legal under federal law. That would end the era of state gun bans.

From PA Gun Blog

I think that's important and more in line with Heller and the commerce clause.

Licensing a civil right is really garbage.

What he said^^^

What they both said. That's the only approach that I can see that protects states rights.

Nobody seemed to bitch about states rights when it came to LEOSA.

Just amend the act to include any duly licensed individual if their home states issue permits or licenses. For residents of Constitutional Carry states then your regular DL is acceptable.

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom