National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Drawn Up for Next Congress

You can try New Hampshire, but eventually, over time, it's going to turn into Massachusetts. As the old folks die off and are replaced with Mass refugees, the state will change. In fact, it already has.

It's only a matter of time that gun rights there will go. They won't in flyover country.
Yeah for the better with the passing of Con Carry.

Don't mean to bring this off topic, but it pertains to gun freedom somewhat.

Ya know, I don't think that NH, VT, or ME are the answer because there is no work in those states, just like in RI, and by work I mean work that's going to pay enough to live comfortably because it's so damn expensive to live in New England.

The only solution to me is leave and move to the Midwest or the South simply because the cost of living is so much less. Anything that's not Mass, NY, NJ, Maryland, Virginia is going to be gun friendly in comparison. Tennessee is booming, the Carolinas are in good shape, Texas is grand. You can try New Hampshire, but eventually, over time, it's going to turn into Massachusetts. As the old folks die off and are replaced with Mass refugees, the state will change. In fact, it already has.

It's only a matter of time that gun rights there will go. They won't in flyover country.

I grew up in Maryland. I moved to Connecticut when I was 17 and lived there for almost forty years. I've been in Georgia almost two years now. I cannot possibly tell you how different the gun climate is here. When I speak to friends at the range and tell them what the current laws are in Connecticut - they shake their heads in disbelief. When I tell them that I'm not joking, they ask me why I stayed so long.

Hilary grossly under-estimated the "Deplorables", the people in flyover country, the bitter clingers to their guns and bibles. At some of the matches I shoot, the Pledge of Allegiance is said before the match, and often a prayer. Nobody's joking, nobody's sitting down, nobody's talking to the person next to them - everyone's being respectful.

The exceptions here are some of the cities. The nearest city to me is Savannah. It's run by democrats and it's got areas in it that I won't go into. But it's a blue dot in a red sea.

And the economy? It's booming. Seriously.

Last edited:
I was in Fort Worth the weekend of the 18th thru Wednesday. That's just now starting to catch up to Dallas. It still has it's western charm for the most part. Austin is also booming. So much so that it's hardly recognizable from the city I first visited in the mid 1980s. Housing prices are through the roof as well. To find anything affordable you have to go up to about Marble Falls or south to Bastrop.

New England is losing employment except in very select industries. Move south - Texas in particular. DFW is BOOMING.

Fox News was definitely pushing for it this am.

They had the PA woman that jammed up by accidentally crossing over into NJ with her carry piece on this am telling her story. On with her was the Congressman from NC that introduced the legislation

The libertarian view point is that the federal government should keep it's nose out of state issues. As much of a PITA as reciprocity, or more specifically, lack of reciprocity is, it's not something that the federal government should stick it's nose into. Personally, it would be good for me because my son and his family live in South Carolina and there is very, very, limited reciprocity there. Still, to be consistent and non hypocritical I have to hold to my position that a nationwide reciprocity bill is a bad solution to the problem.

The exception would be if SCOTUS did what Justice Thomas wanted in the McDonald decision. Revive the long dormant "Immunities or Privileges" clause of the 14th Amendment.

Clearly... I was more pointjng out the fact that the current idiots in Congress need to be voted out so we can get stuff passed

The libertarian view point is that the federal government should keep it's nose out of state issues. As much of a PITA as reciprocity, or more specifically, lack of reciprocity is, it's not something that the federal government should stick it's nose into. Personally, it would be good for me because my son and his family live in South Carolina and there is very, very, limited reciprocity there. Still, to be consistent and non hypocritical I have to hold to my position that a nationwide reciprocity bill is a bad solution to the problem.

The exception would be if SCOTUS did what Justice Thomas wanted in the McDonald decision. Revive the long dormant "Immunities or Privileges" clause of the 14th Amendment.

Think of it this way. Reciprocity is the Fed telling the states they can't ignore a lawfully obtained carry permit. It's a law limiting state gov. Isn't less gov better?..... Ya, I know, it's a stretch.

If it helps, try to remember that your libertarian idea isn't going to happen, but little things can help what we have be a little bit better. And who knows, maybe someday our descendants will get there.

Sorry, that's a bridge too far. Either the states can set their own laws or they can't.

Think of it this way. Reciprocity is the Fed telling the states they can't ignore a lawfully obtained carry permit. It's a law limiting state gov. Isn't less gov better?..... Ya, I know, it's a stretch.

If it helps, try to remember that your libertarian idea isn't going to happen, but little things can help what we have be a little bit better. And who knows, maybe someday our descendants will get there.

Yeah for the better with the passing of Con Carry.
The Dems have proven that they will pass any laws they want, the people be damned. Even if it kicks them out of the legislature and executive branches for a decade or more, they'll eventually find their way back in with little or no laws they passed during their reign of terror repealed by an opposition party.

Because the Republicans aren't an opposition party anymore, they're a do nothing, Know Nothing party.

In time, when the Dems take the house/senate in NH with a large majority, they will pass an omnibus gun law and make the state a carbon copy of Massachusetts gun laws. NH will go from permitless carry to LTC's, mag and AWB bans, the works.

New England is losing employment except in very select industries. Move south - Texas in particular. DFW is BOOMING.
All true. Co-worker of mine left for DFW in July and is selling his house in RI. I will say machinists are still in demand in Mass and the pay is decent, but they don't pay enough to buy and own a home. At least not for single people.

Not the case down south or the Midwest.

Clearly... I was more pointjng out the fact that the current idiots in Congress need to be voted out so we can get stuff passed
About the only thing that's going to change Congress is guillotines and letting the people eat cake. At this rate, it will take 30 years before an amendment is passed to put term limits on Congress and by that time it will be too late.

Back
Top Bottom