• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

National 2nd Amendment Rights Rally

as always, like 2% of gun owners will show up.

We all work, unlike the shitbags on the other side. That and gun owners, while extremely passionate when arguing on the interwebs, are the most apatheitc bunch when it comes time to show the f*** up.
If 2% of gun owners showed up, that's 2M+ people nationwide. In MA, counting only licensees, you're still talking like 8,000 people.

If we get ½% of licensees to show up, I will dance a jig, and post it to this very thread.

I'm bringing my entrenching tool to dig a foxhole on the Boston Common...

iu

It's like a sit-in... but with "depth".

iu

There is a similar rally on the same day in NH. I am trying to help them get organized. They are willing to listen, but the time is short. The planning should have started 8 weeks ago and with the consultation of the state gun groups.

There is a similar rally on the same day in NH. I am trying to help them get organized. They are willing to listen, but the time is short. The planning should have started 8 weeks ago and with the consultation of the state gun groups.

I agree...I will try and make it though may be a little late. I need to take my wife to the airport for 1:30.

There is a gun show at the Everett Arena that same day. There should be a big sign at the entrance imploring people to show up across the river at the capitol. They could practically walk from the arena to the capitol building.

This is crazy. Just found out about this 20 min ago on FB and shared it. Went to 4 different sportmans clubs sites and not a peep about this rally. Certainly doesn't make us look very organized and with poor turnout you can bet the liberal news outlets will be slapping this in the faces of the firearms owners. Appears to have been set up to fail. Where was the NRA, Goal, and the rest?

Honestly I think the reason is an NRA or even regionally supported low turnout rally would look worse for us than a last minute scattered and scarce turnout will. Many gun owners are the most uneducated and unconcerned bunch I've ever met. I can't count the amount of times I have enlightened or corrected misinformed patrons at gunstores. Hell just a few weeks ago I was in one store and the owner was pounding some pulp rag article about the recent Healy lawsuit and when I retorted that Vermont was falling it was met with a blank stare. Bottom line is even those who should care don't end up doing so until its too late...

I'm going. I haven't been particularly politically active in a long time, but I guess recent events have shaken my complacency.

Although, having just done my taxes, I might spare a moment thinking about protesting excessive government spending, I promise to actually only protest the attacks on fundamental freedom - as enumerated in the 2nd.

That said, we shouldn't forget various attacks on the 1st (speech and peaceably assemble), 4th (right of the people to be secure in their houses, papers, and effects), 5th (deprived of property), 6th (right of jury trial, most especially (in FL but here as well) the low bar to lose your rights), 8th (up to 20 years in prison for possessing a bump stock), and 9th&10th (unenumerated rights must be protected and not encroached).

Actually, a weekend long march before the elections helping the good guys would do more good

My ultimate point has more to do with the way it/anything will be reported... after being part of a crowd of thousands on beacon hill after 7/20/16, and then watching it reported as like three guys with signs (dramatic license), I really don't think that's the way to send a message. It will be a dick measuring contest comparing it with whatever pumped up numbers the student "effort" had, and you'll be down the rabbit hole like Trump and the size of his inaugural crowd... This is going to be sorted at the ballot box and with judicial appointments, imo

Here's the Facebook page for the MA rally. Doesn't seem to have much activity. Has anyone heard anything from Comm2a or Goal on this ?

View: https://www.facebook.com/events/160531737982366/

They haven't contacted GOAL and GOAL won't participate/promote without knowing who they are.

I don't get it with these groups, they pop up out of nowhere, set up a facebook event page, and expect people to fall in line, for all we know they're Soros trolls who will say stupid shit to make us look bad, or worse.

If I was running one of these, and wanted it to be legit, the first thing I would do is contact the state associations and have a conversation. As usual, that didn't happen.

They haven't contacted GOAL and GOAL won't participate/promote without knowing who they are.

I don't get it with these groups, they pop up out of nowhere, set up a facebook event page, and expect people to fall in line, for all we know they're Soros trolls who will say stupid shit to make us look bad, or worse.

If I was running one of these, and wanted it to be legit, the first thing I would do is contact the state associations and have a conversation. As usual, that didn't happen.

Yup, I personally will not participate W/O knowing that the likes of GOAL and / or COMM2A are on-board.

So what are the rally details for NH?

Anyone know?

The last I saw, Design was trying to pull some organizations together for this. If he doesn't chime in before I get out of work, I will PM him and see if he's made any headway. I didn't hear about this until yesterday...pretty short notice. We as 2A advocates have got to get more organized.

Well, as I mentitled earlier by following the clues from the Web site to the FB page and on - this was all initiated by David Clayton, Three Percent Republic. So, even though it sounds like he branched out from the core 3%'ers and started this "Republic" branch we can (safely ?) assume this is basically a 3%er program. It's just not being advertised that way ?

What about R.I. I am definitely ready to start getting politicaly involved in gun rights. I have only recently got into shooting and gun ownership but id like to stay into it . Im ready to go I have saturday off!!

The way I see it, even if you don't align with the group "organizing" it, it's better to have as big a crowd as possible to show resistance to all the bullshite.
The Republican Liberty Caucus is backing this so I'll be there.
upload_2018-4-10_19-10-3.png

I mean shit... whats a couple hours at the State House showing off my chin?

IMG_1956.PNG

Why do dems always take an early lead in the polls? Republicans haven't gotten out of work yet.
Show me a guy at a rally at 1pm on a tuesday and I'll show you a guy on the dole.
While I usually feel the same, what's sooo pressing at work that you can't make the hours up later in the week? Gotta make time.

NH is working on having a list of speakers and the misc. parafanalla to put together a good event. Timing is short, but it is coming together.

There will be (5) normal capacity AR15 mags given away in NH

GOA has some info on it:
State Capitol Rallies for Gun Rights

Many patriots in the gun rights community are planning rallies at state capitols across America in light of recent attacks on the Second Amendment.
capitolrallies.jpg

Please consider attending one of these rallies on April 14th. Many of these rallies are located at your state capitol, but times vary. For more information about the rally in your state, click here.

We hope that gun owners will help make a strong showing this weekend, and as always, demonstrate lawful and peaceful support of the Second Amendment at their state capitols.

Very conflicted on this one. On the one hand I am the first one to call folks out for not standing up, on the other hand before I was aware of this event I gave my word on a previous commitment, which I intend to honor.

My hat is very definitely off to the folks who are the modern day Minutemen, and are willing and able to put things aside, and go.

This has made me wonder, do the various state organizations work together to get the word out, to get things done?
Is there a national level committee or senate, or even closed group online forum if you will? Can the various .orgs within the states put aside any territorial issues or other conflicts and come up with one or two representatives from each state in hopes of co-coordinating to address state level things on a national level?

Your first thought is "NRA" right? If so.....then where is the disconnect?

The other side seems to have this figured out, and it's killing us.

Why isn't there more people at the rallies??? Because we don't have the organization the opposition does. Sure, they have the liberal media on their side to push their agenda, but we don't use ANY organization at all.

I might have heard SOMETHING about this a week ago. I'm pretty ear-to-the-ground about these issues.

Why aren't there PSA's on all the "spoitzman's" channels?

Why isn't there a 6-8 week lead-up to it?

Why aren't there full-page ads in Field & Stream, BASS, every gun magazine, etc.,??

Why don't the various gun groups get the F together and promote this in unity?

What is interesting is the Right has a libertarian desire to be free, which impedes it's ability to work together. "Hey, I'm my own person, and this organization is OUR organization." Look at the vitriol spewed for the NRA at times. The F'ing NRA!!!!

We've got the NRA, the GOA, this National Concealed Yadayada group mentioned in the link above, SAF, SAS, NAGR, NSSF, etc., You can't keep up and you can't get traction when these groups refuse to work together on something.

The Left? They want to be led. Which makes organization so much easier. People are SO willing to give up authority in order to get what they want. Ergo, they organize better.

You could easily get 10 million people out nation-wide on a Saturday in September. But it would require a s-ton of work starting NOW. Emails and mailings to members of the above gun organizations starting NOW. Blitz them. Online video ads via email as well. Colin Noir. The latest Hotty McShootyface. Whatever. Somewhat under the radar, but not too much.

Starting in late July, you could start running PSA's on the gun channels on TV. Ads in fishing/hunting/gun mags. Blitz it then, when it might be too late for the Left to really organize a counter-protest effectively.

But we'd rather get our panties in a bunch about our little fiefdoms. :(

Sadly, I'm already committed on Saturday. So you won't see me. Which is too bad because it's supposed to be a nice day. I've been to rallies in Boston before. And I give heavily to gun groups. But I can't be there in person.

Back
Top Bottom