National 2nd Amendment Rights Rally

Why isn't there more people at the rallies??? Because we don't have the organization the opposition does. Sure, they have the liberal media on their side to push their agenda, but we don't use ANY organization at all.

I might have heard SOMETHING about this a week ago. I'm pretty ear-to-the-ground about these issues.

Why aren't there PSA's on all the "spoitzman's" channels?

Why isn't there a 6-8 week lead-up to it?

Why aren't there full-page ads in Field & Stream, BASS, every gun magazine, etc.,??

Why don't the various gun groups get the F together and promote this in unity?

What is interesting is the Right has a libertarian desire to be free, which impedes it's ability to work together. "Hey, I'm my own person, and this organization is OUR organization." Look at the vitriol spewed for the NRA at times. The F'ing NRA!!!!

We've got the NRA, the GOA, this National Concealed Yadayada group mentioned in the link above, SAF, SAS, NAGR, NSSF, etc., You can't keep up and you can't get traction when these groups refuse to work together on something.

The Left? They want to be led. Which makes organization so much easier. People are SO willing to give up authority in order to get what they want. Ergo, they organize better.

You could easily get 10 million people out nation-wide on a Saturday in September. But it would require a s-ton of work starting NOW. Emails and mailings to members of the above gun organizations starting NOW. Blitz them. Online video ads via email as well. Colin Noir. The latest Hotty McShootyface. Whatever. Somewhat under the radar, but not too much.

Starting in late July, you could start running PSA's on the gun channels on TV. Ads in fishing/hunting/gun mags. Blitz it then, when it might be too late for the Left to really organize a counter-protest effectively.

But we'd rather get our panties in a bunch about our little fiefdoms. :(

Sadly, I'm already committed on Saturday. So you won't see me. Which is too bad because it's supposed to be a nice day. I've been to rallies in Boston before. And I give heavily to gun groups. But I can't be there in person.

Spot on my friend.

While I usually feel the same, what's sooo pressing at work that you can't make the hours up later in the week? Gotta make time.

A lot of places don't work like that. "Gotta make hay while the sun shines"
If I'm not at work, I'm not making that money back.

Which one of you firebreathers just called this in to Howie Carr?

The MSM claim the organizers say it's supposed to be
a LONGARM OPEN CARRY RALLY.
("Where legal" (45 states)).

Yeah, that'll work out real well.

Maybe they'll park the paddy wagon on Tremont St.,
so that when they frog march the prisoners away from the State House,
they can pile on "possession on the Common" charges.

Longarm open carry (outside of parades & 'sporting activities') hasn't been legal in MA since 1998.

I really hope this gets a great turnout. Sucks that I can't go due to urgent family issues, but I'll share this around in the hopes that someone else can make it.

Anyone who goes today, please update with how it went?

Pretty quiet here in Boston. I did a head count at about 2:20 and came up with just about 100 or so.

Candidates running against Charlie Baker and Lizzy Warren were working the crowd.

A guy showed up wearing a pink pussy hat. I thought he was being ironic and went over to compliment him on his choice of headgear. Sadly, he was a koolaid drinker who just happened to stop by. I spent an hour politely arguing with him. He was willing to engage, but could not be convinced of anything. Insisted that the 2004 expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban was due to pressure from the evil NRA and was just one example of all the gun laws which are currently being rolled back.[puke]

Did have to laugh at one poster:
20180414_155310.jpg

-Gary

Horrible turn out. There were more people walking their dogs than exercising their Rights.
I got there at about 12:45 and no one was there, so I hung out at the Gould/54th memorial for a half an hour until someone showed up with a sign reading "PRY THIS" and an image of an AR on it. I asked about 20 people if they were from NES and all said "Who?" except one guy who dropped out of NES 5 years ago. I put crowd at about 150 max.
Some of the people just didn't fit in though and I thought they may have been disruptors.

Definitely Poor representation. I stayed until 3:30 and left.

Hey Nasty, I can see my forehead behind the American flag on the opposite corner post from where you took the bottom photo.

Thank you to those that were able to make it. I was up in NH helping a friend today. I thought about heading to the statehouse there but by the time we got done it was too late.

Well, isn't that nice? I come on here to look around, and see that this was happening today. I think I heard about it a while back, but it wasn't even on my radar. I had soccer this morning, but could probably have brought the boy there for the afternoon.

Like the NRA? They have the money and resources I would think. Resurrect Charlton?

How about Tom Selleck? Matt Light hasn't done much demonstrable good for "the cause".

This whole thing sounds sketchmo as hell, given the short time frame, etc.

Um, short time frame is the new normal. Our side needs to figure out how to make this work.

The biggest problem with the 2A crowd is that we are so unorganized it's not even funny. Even when someone attempts to put a counter rally together it's put down from the start. How can this attitude fight Soros and their unending hate for what we stand for. Honestly we are our own worst enemy.

Yup. See comment and reply to it above this one.

They haven't contacted GOAL and GOAL won't participate/promote without knowing who they are.

I don't get it with these groups, they pop up out of nowhere, set up a facebook event page, and expect people to fall in line, for all we know they're Soros trolls who will say stupid shit to make us look bad, or worse.

If I was running one of these, and wanted it to be legit, the first thing I would do is contact the state associations and have a conversation. As usual, that didn't happen.

Wait, aren't you the communications person for GOAL? Where is the breakdown? Make this happen! I don't recall seeing this in the "Friday News". Again, where was the breakdown? Why can't our side respond to events quicker? Maybe it is because we can't even recognize something as it is happening. It (the plans for any type of organized anything) is just falling down around and in spite of us.

1) This has made me wonder, do the various state organizations work together to get the word out, to get things done?
2) Is there a national level committee or senate, or even closed group online forum if you will? Can the various .orgs within the states put aside any territorial issues or other conflicts and come up with one or two representatives from each state in hopes of co-coordinating to address state level things on a national level?

Your first thought is "NRA" right? If so.....then where is the disconnect?

The other side seems to have this figured out, and it's killing us.

Yup.
1) Apparently not.
2) Ditto.

Back
Top Bottom