National 2nd Amendment Rights Rally

Gun rights supporters hold rallies at state capitols across US

Gun rights advocates rallied at state capitols across the country on Saturday to make their voices heard amid recent efforts to impose stricter gun-control laws that they fear undermine their Second Amendment rights.

Peaceful protesters numbering in the hundreds gathered outside statehouses from Maine to Wyoming to hear speakers warn that any restrictions on gun ownership or use could eventually lead to bans for law-abiding gun owners.

“Gun owners have been portrayed in a negative way and it is our hope that this peaceable rally will show that we are safe, law-abiding individuals that happen to take our constitutional rights very seriously,” Dave Gulya, an organizer for the Maine event that attracted about 800 people, told the Bangor Daily News.

“This is about our rights” protestors at a pro-Second Amendment Rally in Augusta pic.twitter.com/95uTHGK8dk

— Caitlin Troutman (@TroutShout) April 14, 2018
The National Constitutional Coalition of Patriotic Americans sponsored the 45 planned rallies across the U.S. in support of the right to bear arms, according to the paper.

Gun rights supporters hold rallies at state capitols across US

At the NRA convention in Houston more than 86,000 people attended. Maybe they should hold a 2A rally at the same time. Part of the problem is scheduling for people, another is there are gun owners that only care about the type of firearms they own or what they use for hunting or competition etc. and they have no problem with infringements or they even support infringements. They don't have enough sense to realize that sooner or later they'll be coming for theirs too. United we stand, divided we fall and there are many forces dividing us even among us.

Concord Monitor has my Picture holding the "AR - Come and Take it" Flag.

MaloDave
Had mine on the Boston Globe. Article was neutral but given only those who pay for the privilege of commenting had some wonderful commentary on my mosquito bites.
5132078E-0AE7-46E1-8674-714D0D634E16.jpeg

I thought the left was all about body acceptance?
It’s taken me years of drinking and not enough exercise to build this temple! [laugh]

The Latest: Gun rally organizers face $6,700 security bill
Organizers of a gun rights rally in Atlanta this weekend are being charged to gather outside the Georgia state Capitol.

Capt. Mark Perry of the Georgia Department of Public Safety confirmed Thursday that organizers were told they need to pay about $6,700 for security at a rally where the expected attendance is 500 people. A group that held a gun control rally last month was charged a similar fee.

Atlanta rally organizer Chris Hill said his group still plans to show up but has no intention of paying. He called the fee "an insult."

Those ads cost money. Sharing emails and FB messages with your friends comes for free.

Gun magazines? Even fishing ones??? Ditto for Outdoor Channel, etc.,,???? If they can't figure out how to not charge for this, they don't deserve to be in business. Hell, I bet BASS Mag would run the ads for free as a PSA.

$13.40 per attendee for security??? Does it come with a free pass for Avengers Infinity War or something?

Gun magazines? Even fishing ones??? Ditto for Outdoor Channel, etc.,,???? If they can't figure out how to not charge for this, they don't deserve to be in business. Hell, I bet BASS Mag would run the ads for free as a PSA.

$13.40 per attendee for security??? Does it come with a free pass for Avengers Infinity War or something?
Hmmm. I don't seem to remember the occu-poopers ever having to cough up a single penny. I also don't believe that they secured a permit for their, well, occupation!

And here's how participation in the rallies is spun by antis on social media.

Signs like the Healey sign, while good fodder for NES memes aren't a good choice if you're trying to sway public opinion in MA.

Attachments

• anti-twitter.jpg
    anti-twitter.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 44
And here's how participation in the rallies is spun by antis on social media.

Signs like the Healey sign, while good fodder for NES memes aren't a good choice if you're trying to sway public opinion in MA.
That individual was a little... unique.
Overheard this nugget of conversation he had with a random.
“Mind if I take your picture?”
“I am in public I have no reasonable expectation of privacy.”

Also why I didn’t stand next to him.

1. I was there 2:00-3:00 (not pictured, sadly, so you can't make fun of my manboobs), and I think a number of good things happened.
    1. I spoke with a bunch of small groups and individuals, shot the shit with some other like-minded people, and got some of the stories of the groups.
    2. I also spoke to some haters - including a group of canadians. I didn't do a great job, but I learned _a lot_ about the techniques they use. After having thought about it, I have new answers to questions like those I was asked (Why do you need an AR15? - Well, why do you need more than 3 pairs of shoes? Nobody needs a pair of black stilettos - you can certainly kill a dude with those, and they're also bad for your feet. Let's outlaw them entirely. Also, the fundamental question is marxist - to each according to their need, nothing in excess. Is that really what you believe?) I'd strongly recommend this: they only have about a dozen lines or so, if you can counter those (including meta-counters like when they switch arguments without acknowleding that you have made a point, you have to call them out on it), maybe you can make some headway. Leave them questioning what they know. You'll only learn how to do this by doing it - and (as I did) failing. I certainly went too much 'to the head' (I tried the track of "where do your rights come from?" - one of them said "I don't know - our Prime Minister?" but I wasn't able to capitalize on it enough, etc.)
  2. I feel like some organization was missing. A few things could have happened, and in retrospect I might have just stood up to help facilitate.
    1. I think people would have been happy to know who would be speaking ahead of time, give them a sense of what might go on, rather than the milling.
    2. Someone (I, or someone competent) could have introduced various speakers, or in the one case, introduced the introducer.
    3. We could have announced the names of the various groups that showed up, to what I'm sure would be applause, their websites, maybe offered if they had someone who might want to talk t
    4. Maybe we could have had a few more speakers. I almost got up and gave one, but chickened out - my prepared remarks were too long, I think. Maybe next time.
I think having lots of small groups is good, but there should be some kind of umbrella organization. Sort of like the March of Life: there should be one major event run by GOAL or NRA or the like, then one or two intentionally smaller ones organized by someone else every year.

I don't know the laws about amplifiers at the statehouse, but I think we could have benefited from even a small portable system.

Just my thoughts, we can make next time better, I think. I understand there's another thing on May 17 was it?

Jason R. Pascucci

Back
Top Bottom