N.H. AG: School Gun Bans Unlawful

Senate Majority Leader Jeb Bradley disagreed with the Attorney General’s opinion of the law, saying in an email that he doesn’t see the state statute conflicting with local policies such as the one in Lebanon. “It is my understanding that under state and federal laws, schools are free to adopt their own policies prohibiting firearms,” he wrote. Sen. Ruth Ward, a Newport-area Republican, called Lebanon’s situation a “tough issue” because she understands that school officials want to protect children in their care. “Calling the police when there is an unwanted person on the school premises, may not be fast enough. Should some of the faculty have firearms in case?” Ward, of Stoddard, said. “I don’t have a good answer at this point. We need to protect our children, but how?” Gov. Chris Sununu hasn’t made clear whether he would support repealing the law. “There is nothing more important than ensuring our kids are safe at school,” Sununu said in a statement, adding he doesn’t support “additional Second Amendment restrictions” at this time.
N.H. AG: School Gun Bans Unlawful

NH aka northern Texas or Texas lite.

Im more convinced than every schools without somebody armed; idealy 25-50% of facility, are failing their students..the more states that end this shit only increases the odds of one of these tragedies being stopped sooner.

But with the fake news facts dont matter

See, I disagree with this statement.

“I think the whole thing has to be looked at in general,” said Wolf, a former chairman of the Kearsarge Regional School Board. “I believe the Second Amendment is not an unlimited right at any and all times to bear arms.

I believe it is an unlimited right until you go on private property free of any public funds or accepts American currency such as a store or other business including hospitals and private shopping clubs as well as private schools. So basically, if I come to your house and you don't want me to have a gun I need to respect that. Beyond that 2A is limitless as to where Americans can bear arms.

So basically, if I come to your house and you don't want me to have a gun I need to respect that.
Assume I come to your house, armed, despite a sign prohibiting such. You notice, tell me to leave, and I do.

Is it your position that this should, or should not, be a prosecutable offense?

NH aka northern Texas or Texas lite.
Please don't insult NH, nor elevate Texas, by comparing them when it comes to gun laws.

Texas might seem relatively free compared to MA or NY, but it's the most heavily restricted, and most expensive to get a license, out of all the "shall-issue" states.

If you've ever been to texas you'd know laws dont mean much outside of Dallas and Houston.Texas may have dumber laws than NH, but NH has dumber people..
Or was it texas that voted obama?

If you've ever been to texas you'd know laws dont mean much outside of Dallas and Houston.Texas may have dumber laws than NH, but NH has dumber people..
Or was it texas that voted obama?
I only lived there for 24 years, much of which was during the time when there was no legal way to carry a handgun at all in Texas.

But, do feel free to enlighten me.

I'm trying to reconcile these statements from the article:

"...The New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office says it agrees with legal experts who maintain that school officials in the Granite State cannot legally enforce firearm bans on school grounds.

...Policies... violate state law

... only the state Legislature can regulate firearms.

... school districts are assessing what they can do lawfully to protect students
(how about leave them alone?)

...said she understands that people want to protect themselves, and that often includes carrying a firearm.
(OK, so....)

... state law provides the state Legislature with the sole authority to regulate guns and knives

... expressed concern with school districts and municipalities attempting to flout state law with their own policies.
(arrest them!)

... a “tough issue” because she understands that school officials want to protect children in their care
(see above, about leaving them alone)

... “We should be moving in a different direction,” the former Portsmouth mayor said on Sunday. “I think we should repeal that law and I would seek to do so as governor.”
(violate state law. Wait, see red, above, where he has no authority to do that)

...However, a group of 10 Republican legislators are hoping to strengthen the existing state law, taking aim at communities and school districts that have made their own rules.

HB 1749 would institute a $5,000 penalty for elected officials who have been found by a judge to have violated the state firearms law.

The bill also would forbid school districts and municipalities from using public money to “defend or reimburse the unlawful conduct” of those elected officials.

Why can't Massachusetts do this? They should also add on frivolous lawsuits.

“I expect it to ban the public from bringing handguns into our school,” Galli said in an email. “I am encouraging our district to take a stand.”"
(paraphrased: (“I am encouraging our district to break the law!”)

...However, a group of 10 Republican legislators are hoping to strengthen the existing state law, taking aim at communities and school districts that have made their own rules.

HB 1749 would institute a $5,000 penalty for elected officials who have been found by a judge to have violated the state firearms law.

The bill also would forbid school districts and municipalities from using public money to “defend or reimburse the unlawful conduct” of those elected officials.

Why can't Massachusetts do this? They should also add on frivolous lawsuits.

There is really a simple reason why NH can do this and MA can not and will not ever do this.

NH pays legislators a token (IIRC it is ~$200/yr) for their part-time work. Thus, these people aren't beholden to anyone for their "job/income" as they work in the real world to support themselves and their families.

MA are full-time legistraitors who rely on back-room support for their ~$200K/yr salary plus free health-care for life. So they can't do anything that would hold errant bureaucrats/police/DAs/etc. liable for overstepping their authority.

... state law provides the state Legislature with the sole authority to regulate guns and knives

... expressed concern with school districts and municipalities attempting to flout state law with their own policies.
(arrest them!)

Unless we get 1749 passed, or something similar, there is no way to punish them for violating the law.

There is really a simple reason why NH can do this and MA can not and will not ever do this.

NH pays legislators a token (IIRC it is ~$200/yr) for their part-time work. Thus, these people aren't beholden to anyone for their "job/income" as they work in the real world to support themselves and their families.

MA are full-time legistraitors who rely on back-room support for their ~$200K/yr salary plus free health-care for life. So they can't do anything that would hold errant bureaucrats/police/DAs/etc. liable for overstepping their authority.
mASS = corrupted POS

Back
Top Bottom