• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My range is now closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maynard Rod & Gun seems to have cancelled all group events and meetings, but the ranges, indoors and out, are still open. Minute Man is still open and operating as normal, but reminding people to be mindful to limit time in the clubhouse and in large groups.

My club, Ames sent out a notice about the virus and suggested that shooters clean frequently used surfaces. I don't know if they are cancelling shoots. I expect it to be more crowded than usual because more people will be off from work.

My club cancelled meetings for the next month...asked us to disinfect shooting tables when finished. Other than that, business as usual.

My club, Ames sent out a notice about the virus and suggested that shooters clean frequently used surfaces. I don't know if they are cancelling shoots. I expect it to be more crowded than usual because more people will be off from work.

yes all organized shoots are cancelled/postponed @ ames

Fox and Coon still open and I was there today shooting off a brick of Barnaul steel cased 9mm pre-gouge Covid pricing on the outdoor range. Very nice sunny day with an easterly wind.

Got to hand-throw some trap today. Club organized activities are cancelled, but ranges are still open for members.
Thank God! Everything else I do is shut down, need some relief from all this craziness!

Plus- getting the next generation involved= priceless!
IMG_20200321_163255.jpg

Got to hand-throw some trap today. Club organized activities are cancelled, but ranges are still open for members.
Thank God! Everything else I do is shut down, need some relief from all this craziness!

Plus- getting the next generation involved= priceless!
View attachment 340648
Wow there’s a whole lot of clays out there!

Both Mass. Rifle and Woburn Sportsmen’s have canceled all matches and training and all other organized events, but are open for individual shooting.

I'm going to throw this out there: Please think of your local club if they do an "Introduction to Shooting" type class. I can still remember a decade or so ago when everything disappeared from the shelves but the ranges were still open and trying to do classes with limited ammo because we stocked it to the ceiling in our basements. I can still remember the call going out from clubs going, "We need .22 badly" and doing a pair of runs to Wallum Lake Rod and Gun Club with a couple of bricks from myself and someone local to me.

When (not if) this stuff dies down, the panic buying will probably still be going on for a couple of months and the ranges will still be hurting

Minute Man Sportsman sent out an email saying they weren't closing but were going to stop accepting cash, limi indoor seating, and asked anyone who had any symptoms to stay away.

Anyone know about New Bedford Rifle on Woodcock Rd (Dartmouth)? No answer on phone so assuming closed

Would be interesting to know. If we go lockdown.. is shooting an exempt activity, like hiking, jogging, walking the dog etc..

My private property NH pit range is now being flooded with people I've never seen sporting red lettered plates. So far everyone has been nice but the volume and lack of knowledge of how we typically use the place (ie which way to shoot, where to park) is causing problems. Had to go to my backup spot today..

If you are trying out new private spots please be cognizant and respectful of others that shoot there every weekend, for many of us that is our "club".

Last edited:
I guess I should add in addition to leaving shells, and particularly steel, aluminum, and shotgun shells (steel and aluminum punches tires much more easily, shotgun shells are just a non degradable eyesore), shooting up trash (ie TVs that leave a big mess) and not taking it out. Be respectful of the owners and locals (who know the owner).

They close them because the fudds that run them are afraid of getting ncov from the members while they leer at them continuously to make sure they're not breaking some inane rule that doesn't matter...

Same thing happened during Covid 1 thru 18...........or did it?
The number 19 is because of the year it was discovered.

As a medical research doctor who specializes in infectious diseases, it’s been interesting to see how people have clearly taken sides in this pandemic, either being overly cautious locking themselves away in their house with mountains of toilet paper, or poking fun at the response and downplaying any danger.

The number 19 is because of the year it was discovered.

As a medical research doctor who specializes in infectious diseases, it’s been interesting to see how people have clearly taken sides in this pandemic, either being overly cautious locking themselves away in their house with mountains of toilet paper, or poking fun at the response and downplaying any danger.
Sorry that I forgot to panic. Your right! Shut down the country! Get Trump out of office by any means necessary. All the flu's that came before are just child's play. The sky is falling! repeat!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom