My Obama story

GaryNH

NES Member
So, I've been hinting to my wife for a couple of months now about how I really "need" an M1A. As the election got closer I started sending her snippets of articles on the potential effects on gun ownership if Obama and the Dems got in as a majority.

I'm at work Monday and she calls and asks me exactly what the rifle is called. About an hour later there's another call with "I found one at Gun and Sport in Lawrence and two other guys were looking at it so I went and paid for it and you have to go and do the paperwork."

After I picked myself up from the floor...I'm the proud owner of a brand new SA Standard M1A.

Gotta love the woman!

Gary

Congratulations,

Whats next a FN FAL, HK 91, Galil 308 ?

Must have all three or at least the first two. [smile]

Since your wife is buying you rifles print out this and pin it on the refrigerator.
Rifles3Van.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, thats great! You'll need to spread the wealth: exactly what articles did you use, and what frequency? There must be some magical order and timing that results in your dream gun dropping into your lap. [wink]

Congrats.

I think that sort of stuff is starting to happen all over. My GF has never been all that enthusiastic about the gun thing. She goes shooting with me occasionally - but when she got a look in the safe a couple of weeks ago she exclaimed: thats a freaking arsenal!. She still didn't pursue it though so I figured it was ok.

As soon as Obama was elected she started getting all concerned about the "Obama nationwide police corps" she has heard about. I came with a few thousand rounds of ammo after my trip to Rileys' on Tuesday - and as I unpacked the boxes on the kitchen floor to put them in ammo cans - she simply said something about me buying more ammo. I said I had to get it now - because I might not be able to get it later.

Then last night she had a conversation with her brother who is a Lt. Cmdr. in the Navy and is stationed down in South Carolina. She asked him about this national police corp thing - and he also said he had heard about it - and that they (Obama people) were talking about a few ways to make that happen.

Then he added (this is the best part) - I am not too worried about it down here in SC though - people down here won't put up with that kind of stuff. These rural people in SC will just shoot those bastards if they try that police force thing. Then he told her about some retired guy down there who heard a noise on his porch in the middle of the night - and as he went downstairs to investigate some guy kicked the door in and entered the house - and the old guy blew him away with his shotgun. Her brother talked about it like it was perfectly acceptable.

The thing is - all this Obama stuff really appears to be changing some people's minds - I don't even know where my GF picked up the Obama police force thing. It might have been from articles I sent her - or she might have heard it from people she works with. I am 99% sure I have never even really mentioned it to her except possibly in passing. But it has her freaked out and talking about leaving the country if it actually happens.

The way I see it is: this is all GOODNESS.

My GF is freaked about some sort of national police force. Your wife is letting you buy expensive rifles. My stepmother wants to get her LTC. I see this happening all over the place. I have never seen people react like they are now with Obama coming into office. He is not going to be able to make one little mistake without there being a bad backlash.

It's not just the guys being freaked out for a change - I see women getting really scared over Obama coming into office for some reason or another.

I had been dropping inuendos to my wife about buying an AR because of the Obama fears. She sat with no response on every occasion, so I went out and bought one anyway and stashed it away in a safe place.

Last night she said she wanted a "push present" for herself when our next baby is born, an improvement to her engagement ring. In an effort to soften the AR purchase blow that is forthcoming. I told her to start shopping. She is so happy.

This could become the most expensive AR in history.

Then he told her about some retired guy down there who heard a noise on his porch in the middle of the night - and as he went downstairs to investigate some guy kicked the door in and entered the house - and the old guy blew him away with his shotgun. Her brother talked about it like it was perfectly acceptable.

Ummmmm......That's because it IS perfectly acceptable. [smile]

The real story is, she buys him these things to keep him out of the house. Wonder what goes on when he's at the range ???? [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

regards....rewster

Seems to be catching!! My wife told me to go buy another gun before Obama screws us. Actually she said something along the lines of "we've got to screw him however we can!"

Congrats, that's a nice rifle, but as they say THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!

Back
Top Bottom