My newest gun- Finnish M39

South Central Massachusetts stationed in GA
Got a Finnish Mosin Nagant m39 from the grab bag rack at the LGS. $145 OTD.
It's a 1944 Sako made. It was accurized by the previous owner. It is glass bedded, has a Tasco 4-16x40 and floating barrel. The stock is a post 56 with the reinforced butt. Shoots great though. Using SURPLUS ammo I got 1 1/4" @ 100 yds. [smile]
Believe it or not that IS three shots.

m39trgt.jpg

And heres the gun-

m39sako.jpg

100_1469.jpg

'scuse my ignorance: LGS?

What is it, where is it, when is it open, are there more like that one?!!!
Local gun shop. Got this one at Tombstone trading post in Brookfield MA. Their hours are Mon, Wed, Fri 12-7 I think. Their website
www.tombstonetrading.com
Mon, Wed, Friday 12pm-7pm

Sat 10am-4pm

Got it of their $139 grab bag rack.

I raided that $139 gun rack, too. Heard there was a mint Arisaka w/intact mum that I missed... can't complain, though. The following now live at my house:
  • Matching Swede M96/38 Mauser
  • Matching 1942 Sako Sk.Y M39 in brand-new condition
  • Matching 1936 Sako Sk.Y M28/30 [smile]
PS - when these sharks ask about our local 'honey holes', the preferred answer is "Hmmm... I can't recall the name or town..." [wink]

swede.jpg

sky42.jpg

r1.jpg

I raided that $139 gun rack, too. Heard there was a mint Arisaka w/intact mum that I missed... can't complain, though. The following now live at my house:
  • Matching Swede M96/38 Mauser
  • Matching 1942 Sako Sk.Y M39 in brand-new condition
  • Matching 1936 Sako Sk.Y M28/30 [smile]

Great prices on those! [shocked]
If they had rifles like that at the shows I'd be hitting their table with handfulls of cash as soon as I got in the door.
You did well.[wink]

Your M28/30 is sitting in a M27 Ski/Bicycle stock. So you are saying that you only paid $139.00 for each of these rifles?

Last edited:
Jim, I paid a little less than $139 for each rifle [smile] Wasn't planning on buying 3 rifles at once, but considering what I was looking at and the price....

I noticed the stock looked different than the M28/30 pics on mosinnagant.net and figured out what it is with some help on another board. The gun's serial # is stamped on the left side of the butt... so was probably fitted by the Finns? It has the aluminum collar.

Jim, I paid a little less than $139 for each rifle [smile] Wasn't planning on buying 3 rifles at once, but considering what I was looking at and the price....

I noticed the stock looked different than the M28/30 pics on mosinnagant.net and figured out what it is with some help on another board. The gun's serial # is stamped on the left side of the butt... so was probably fitted by the Finns? It has the aluminum collar.

Nice job stealing them so cheap. The Finns would have done that stock fit. The aluminum collar is the norm for the M28/30. I've only seen one without the collar.[grin] [grin]

Back
Top Bottom