My new company's policy on searches/firearms

LenS said:
A true politician has to be a chameleon in order to survive. They become very good at it . . . or they find another line of work!

That's so damn sad. I'm cut from the cloth that says be honest, say what you mean and feel and defend what you believe in even if it's unpopular. I'm from another generation I guess. ...oh geez...THAT made me feel old.

Lynne said:
LenS said:
A true politician has to be a chameleon in order to survive. They become very good at it . . . or they find another line of work!

That's so damn sad. I'm cut from the cloth that says be honest, say what you mean and feel and defend what you believe in even if it's unpopular. I'm from another generation I guess. ...oh geez...THAT made me feel old.

Lynne, it isn't an age thing. In today's world politicians can't survive by telling the truth and having real beliefs to live by!

LenS said:
[Lynne, it isn't an age thing. In today's world politicians can't survive by telling the truth and having real beliefs to live by!

Oh, horrors, Len. You mean that they might have to work for a living instead of rooting in the public trough? The shame of it all!

You think I was laying it on too thick there, brother? [wink]

The really sad part of it is that the politicians aren't the ones to blame; it's 100% the voters' fault. After all, honest politicians don't vote themselves out of office. People have become so self-centered and mentally lazy that they'll vote for someone who says exactly what they want to hear, even when they have every reason to believe he or she doesn't believe a word of it, over someone who is completely honest about his or her beliefs and positions and can be counted on to behave that way once elected. "Tell me that you love me, darlin', even though I know you're a damn liar." You get what you pay/vote for.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom