My friend sold all his guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a friend that got his LTC around the same time as me. He bought all these guns, AK-47, GLOCK, 1911, 10/22.

He then told me yesterday he sold them all and is done with guns and that they are stupid. I asked him why and he really couldnt give me a direct answer. He just said someone gave him a lot of money for them and he took it. I don't know what happened, he was all into guns and kept telling me to get a black rifle, then he just gave up on them.

I was not happy to hear this, just thought I would share. [sad]

I have seen this before as well...
In this state circumstances just make it too much of a pain to deal with all of the ins and outs.. Especially if you factor in moving and the unknown of a new cleo and license renewal.
Factor that in with all of the misinformation given out by people that should know better (like gun shops). And I could easily see somebody just cashing in..

Until gun owners are not viewed as half a step above sex offenders in this state, I can see this easily happening more often.

Where were you when he was selling his guns....if he was a really good friend, he would have sold to you....ditch him...[laugh]

This is usually caused by a woman- either one he is seeing or one that put out a 209A against him. [laugh]

-Mike

Maybe he's laying down the foundation for a good "boating accident" story.

Beaten to the punch, that would be my guess, if the guys not totally pussywhipped. Sounds like he's going silent.

One bad experience may have changed his mind.
Just keep an open line with him - hope he changes it back.

Might be an accidental discharge that freaked him out.

THat's my see on it. Something happened to change his mind on owning. That's usually an indication of a possible bad experience.

It's either that or a girlfriend but I don't have enough experience on the girlfriend end to make a judgement on that one![laugh]

Joe R.

I agree, something happened that freaked him out and made him think twice. Maybe it is a girl but I kinda doubt that. Maybe that might be enough for him to sell a few guns but the person would still have an interest.

I'm going to guess he either did something really stupid and got lucky or had an accident no one knows about.

I have seen this before as well...
In this state circumstances just make it too much of a pain to deal with all of the ins and outs.. Especially if you factor in moving and the unknown of a new cleo and license renewal.
Factor that in with all of the misinformation given out by people that should know better (like gun shops). And I could easily see somebody just cashing in..

Until gun owners are not viewed as half a step above sex offenders in this state, I can see this easily happening more often.

I want to believe this one...but,

This is usually caused by a woman- either one he is seeing or one that put out a 209A against him. [laugh]

Really seems to be in the lead.

Some people just go through phases without committing to anything. It's in every hobby/sport/whatever. How many people do you know that picked up a musical instrument, dumped a bunch of money into equipment etc, never really practiced, never got any good, never got to a point of comfort with their equipment so that it bacame fun? As soon as the novelty of it wears off, they think "hey, I dumped a bunch of money into this crap and it just sits in my basement taking up space. I know a bunch of nuts that would pay to take it out of here". Unfortunate, yes, but not everyone out there sees the political implications of their everyday actions either (look at the recent election).

I have seen men compromise themselves so badly for a given woman that often times the guy that is left is only a shell of the man you knew before.

I mean, every relationship involves some sort of compromise, but a lot of guys simply allow themselves to get completely 0wned, and then it goes downhill from there.

-Mike

It does make me sad we lost a gun owner. He had a lot of weapons that he really couldnt shoot around this area. He didnt belong to a club or anything, and the local range is only pistol calibers. I have a feeling it was his mother, she doesnt like guns and she prob found them and made him sell all of them. Who knows, I have been trying to get him to come back over to our side. Hasnt worked yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom