My First Catastrophic Failure

Glad you're alright.

Since I haven't seen it posted... What legal action is required per MGL to get the gun off your name in this situation? Technically, he still owns the gun but it's effectively destroyed beyond repair. Legally speaking, is it now a paperweight or is there a way to make it one and still keep it?

Glad you're alright.

Since I haven't seen it posted... What legal action is required per MGL to get the gun off your name in this situation? Technically, he still owns the gun but it's effectively destroyed beyond repair. Legally speaking, is it now a paperweight or is there a way to make it one and still keep it?

I was curious to know about this also.

wow - that is pretty nuts..

My take on this is to get yourself an auto-indexing Dillon 650, which is virtually impossible to double-charge, and let the press index for you.

And I also agree with others that checking the powder every 10 drops is overkill. The most frequent I do is every 100 when I dump in a new tube of primers, but often go 200-300 between checking the powder drop, and it is always dropping the proper amount regardless.

Good advice from you and others on checking the powder definitely will be changing my habit. I just received an RCBS Lock out die that I ordered from Amazon. A lot easier than changing out my whole set up. My RCBS Pro 2000 has served me well for many years and thousands of rounds of safely reloaded ammo and I have a lot of shell plates, parts and other junk. I think that switching to a fully progressive press would only marginally decrease the chance of a double charge. The lock out die (and paying attention) are much better insurance in my opinion. Trust me when I say that I will be extremely safety motivated moving forward.

wow - that is pretty nuts..

My take on this is to get yourself an auto-indexing Dillon 650, which is virtually impossible to double-charge, and let the press index for you.

And I also agree with others that checking the powder every 10 drops is overkill. The most frequent I do is every 100 when I dump in a new tube of primers, but often go 200-300 between checking the powder drop, and it is always dropping the proper amount regardless.

Back
Top Bottom