My day and how it includes a new friend and firearm owner

I went to the police station yesterday to have Karen submit her app for her LTC. While there another gentleman was there and he was signing the back of his LTC card that he just received. He saw Karen's safety course certificate and asked it if was for me. I said no that I had already gone through the hoops and was here for Karen. We started talking about how/why he wanted his LTC and he went into how he was not really sure as to what to look for in a firearm and expressed interest to go to our local gunshop together so I could help out. I said sure that I would love to and we went. We actually went to 2 different shops and he loved the way the 92fs felt in his hand. He ended up getting one and because it is so similar to the Cougar I own, we went to the Braintree Rifle/Pistol club and I broke it down and showed him how to clean/oil it. We then shot a box of 50 rds through it and he loved every second of it before hand of course I practically went over the safety course with him and pointed out every part of gun and the basic rules. Of course I also told him to join our forum and hope to see him on soon.
He was so happy and gratefull with the help that he took Karen and I to the north end with his girlfriend to a nice lunch. His treat!!
I am glad to have been able to help a new shooter. Made my day!! [wink]

Last edited:
We spoke again today and he will going to the next Braintree R&P club initiation meeting. He loved the facility there so much and wants to have full access. I gave him all the info he would need. I re-mentioned our site but he said he is not a big internet user. I told him many members might not be on more then once every week or so and that it was a great place to get answers!!

Back
Top Bottom