My Crippled Gun License: Sport/Target - No Concealed Target

J

JellyFish

The city of Meninostan finally sent my license renewal. I noted with disgust it says the following on it:

Restrictions: Sport/Target - No Concealed Target

Yaaaaaaay! Now I get to carry my guns to the range and shoot a paper target. But god help me if I need to use one of them while outside of my house.

I can't wait to get out of this craphole of a city.

Mods can you bump this thread to gun laws? I guess maybe it should be there since it has to do with licensing. Thanks.

My old license has "reason for issuance" as opposed to restriction on it.

I hate the fact that I had to be fingerprinted, etc. to get this crippled license, it really pisses me off. This "state" has gone so far off the deep end that it's just an absolute disgrace.

Sport/Target - No Concealed Target

Now there's a new one...

No concealed target. Does that mean you can't shoot IDPA matches from concealment? Or, for that matter, take CCW training where you practice from concealment?

Sure makes you wonder what goes through the minds of some of these chiefs. If he wanted no CCW, then why not simply write "No Concealed Carry"? What's with the goofy wording that you sit there and scratch your head trying to figure out?

Congrats on the LTC, sorry about the wacked out restriction.

I can afford to move to NH or some other part of MA if I rent another apartment but I hate to do that. So I'm trying to save money for a down payment on a condo or house. So I'm not ready to move as far as that goes.

But believe me, the temptation to just bolt out of here is getting pretty hard to withstand. I'm not sure what I'll do at this point.

I wonder if it's worth staying in MA. I used to live down in the North Attleboro area so I thought about heading back down that way. Not sure what North Attleboro or Attleboro is like these days for firearms licensing though. Foxboro is supposed to be pretty good or at least it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Foxboro Chief. Ed's been there at least 20 years. He can't afford to retire as he still has kids to put thru college! I haven't seen him in ~4 years but I don't dare ask him "who's new"! He had 6 kids the last I knew.

Ed was my primary instructor when I went thru the Police Academy back in the 1980s.

That's good to hear but how sad is it that we have to worry when somebody's retiring just to think about moving to a town?

LenS said:
Same Foxboro Chief. Ed's been there at least 20 years. He can't afford to retire as he still has kids to put thru college! I haven't seen him in ~4 years but I don't dare ask him "who's new"! He had 6 kids the last I knew.

Ed was my primary instructor when I went thru the Police Academy back in the 1980s.

I know, it boggles the minds that the idiots at the Boston PD can't even get their restrictions right. Really, it's amazing how incompetent they are.

Chris said:
No, wait, I'v been thinking about it and it just means you can't conceal the target, you have to keep it in the open.

(^_^)

Foxboro, NORTH Attleboro and Wrentham chiefs are fair and straightforward. Plainville and Attleboro have power-tripping little bullies.

Scrivener said:
Foxboro, NORTH Attleboro and Wrentham chiefs are fair and straightforward. Plainville and Attleboro have power-tripping little bullies.
Y'know, Keith, I just love the way you pussyfoot around... can't you be a little more straightforward in your speech? [wink]

Well if anybody knows of a good apartment (large 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom) that's decent in Wrentham or Foxboro, let me know. Might be worth checking out.

Then there's New Hampshire. Anybody from here in New Hampshire? What's a good town to move to up there?

Where do you work? People take I90 all the way from Springfield, and there are plenty of towns along the way. Ditto Route2. Ditto commuter rail.

My job is portable, so I can live where I want.

Coyote33 said:
Where do you work? People take I90 all the way from Springfield, and there are plenty of towns along the way. Ditto Route2. Ditto commuter rail.

JellyFish said:

In that case, I can honestly say, that with the exception of a very few places in center Manchester, there's no bad places to live in So. NH -- throw a dart. If you want a little bit of a city feel -- but it'll be a big difference from Boston at first, but you'll get used to it -- I'd suggest North Manchester, or Concord. If you stay in Mass, the more west of 128, the better things get, gun and otherwise.

JellyFish said:

Anywhere in southern NH along 93 is a good choice: Salem, Pelham, Derry, Londonderry, etc.

It's a (relatively) quick blast to Boston from 93 (taking traffic into account, it's less than an hour from Salem/Pelham). And it's less than 30 minutes into Manchester, which has an international airport, mall, etc. as well as many fine pubs for nightlife concerns.

Can you tell this is where I'm hoping to move? [smile]

Back
Top Bottom