Muzzleloader Comparison CVA vs Traditions

woods9c5

NES Member
Looking to get a 50 cal muzzle loader for Hunting. Was looking at the CVA Optima but started to like the Traditions Vortek Strikerfire. But there are a lot of people who dont seem to like traditions. Any one use both and have any imput?

I've had a CVA Buckhorn for over a decade and it's (please don't jinx myself) gone Barump every time. I've never actually shot a deer with it but I've fired at least 75 rounds through it checking zero over the years and I'm comfortable taking shots out to 125ish yards. I have buddies who's much more expensive smoke poles went "click" and they lost a deer because of it. But I think those were instances of lack of maintenance, not the gun's fault.

I bought a CVA Optima many years ago. I love it. I hear the Accura is great but have never shot one. I highly recommend Blackhorn 209 powder. Non corrosive, I can shoot many rounds between a full cleaning with no issues. I shoot 100-105 grains with a 240grain Barnes T-EZ over it and it's a great shooter. Never shot the Traditions so I cannot say.

I bought a CVA Optima many years ago. I love it. I hear the Accura is great but have never shot one. I highly recommend Blackhorn 209 powder. Non corrosive, I can shoot many rounds between a full cleaning with no issues. I shoot 100-105 grains with a 240grain Barnes T-EZ over it and it's a great shooter. Never shot the Traditions so I cannot say.
Have you shoot any deer with the Barnes T-Ez ? Just curious how they performed I had been using powerbelts but I wasn’t totally happy with them

Back
Top Bottom