• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AKM Comparison

I'm curious how to figure out which AKM is right for me. In a previous thread and after additional reading/video watching, it seems like a few options exist. I appear to be focusing in on something either foreign made or locally assembled with a foreign parts kit. I do seem strangely interested in something put together from a foreign parts kit. The price difference between some options is pretty big. I'm not sure how to measure the quality for the added money. With an AR, this trade space is much easier to understand - or I just have a lot more time with that platform.

It is a bit of commitment to find/drive to some of these dealers - saving time helps... Actually figuring out who deals what is enough of a PIA with this. As an example - my local FFL stocks Reilly Defense, which interests me alot less since it is US made and the ones in stock are not in the caliber that I want (7.62x39).

These are the options I'm trying to get my arms around:

Small custom parts kit builders (e.g. Macpherson) - It seems like they build parts kits in small numbers. It seems like many accessible parts kits are going to have certain accepted and non-function-limiting parts (e.g. the rifle will zero, but front sight may not be near center). Prices seem to start in $1300ish range. I've reached out - beyond assembled local (which is cool) I can't figure out how to think about them in terms justifying a premium. Do smaller local assemblers do things like tune the gas system? It does seem nice to have a defined place to go if it acts up. Do most local gunsmiths fix AKs? Why are they worth ~$600+ extra over a WASR or ~$500 over a Zastava? Any other local assemblers that I should check out?

Large custom kit builder (e.g. Atlantic) - Appears to build a solid DIY rifle? Only needs a trigger group and furniture added. The remaining build portions seem like a pretty easy DIY - since a 20 ton press isn't needed... This seems cool - the price difference assembled and when things are in stock is just a little over a Zastava. Does anyone know if they do a good job with rivets and pressing barrels? Any other build issues? I'm assuming there is no way they do things like tune the gas system?

Zastava - Seems to build a solid well regarded AKM. Has a receiver that is 50% thicker, so it can handle higher round counts. The newer rifles include a side based rail for an add on that can hold a scope, which seems stronger than a rail on the dust cover. In truth, I'll probably never shoot anywhere near 100k rounds+ from whatever I get. The biggest limitation appears to be furniture compatibility. I'll probably never need to replace the furniture, but how big a PIA is it to find other options if I want to?

WASR 10 - Seems to be a well running rifle with fit and finish issues. The rifle appears to be fine getting to high round counts. How bad are the fit & finish issues? How cheap does it make the rifle feel?

After watching a bunch of AKOU videos, it seems like almost everything foreign stands up to high round counts. It seems like virtually every AKM is over gassed significantly. Do people really bother tuning them with something like a KNS piston?

If you go on Reddit and get under the r/ak47 you can “experience” the current thought of the ak world from garbage to one off builds. They also have a collection of most ak type rifles and the pros and cons. Be warned though can get toxic.

How would you differentiate a Zastava and Arsenal?
To be honest, they seem pretty comparable build quality wise. The ‘new’ z-paps have the 1.5mm thick receiver and the bulged trunnion as well as a chrome lined barrel (something that was absent on previous models). One might even argue that the Zastava is BETTER built than an Arsenal now with all those features.

The thing about Yugo AK’s is compatibility. A lot of the parts are pretty different than AKM type rifles and aren’t interchangeable. If you’re ok with that, I’d say spring for the z-pap or an M92 ‘krinkov’ (short barrel pistol.)

To be honest, they seem pretty comparable build quality wise. The ‘new’ z-paps have the 1.5mm thick receiver and the bulged trunnion as well as a chrome lined barrel (something that was absent on previous models). One might even argue that the Zastava is BETTER built than an Arsenal now with all those features.

The thing about Yugo AK’s is compatibility. A lot of the parts are pretty different than AKM type rifles and aren’t interchangeable. If you’re ok with that, I’d say spring for the z-pap or an M92 ‘krinkov’ (short barrel pistol.)

I’m going to come back here and add much longer comments for OP when I’m less busy. For now I’ll just say that I sold my SAM5 and got a Zastava M90 to replace it. That’s how I feel about current production arsenals vs. Zastava.

I’m going to come back here and add much longer comments for OP when I’m less busy. For now I’ll just say that I sold my SAM5 and got a Zastava M90 to replace it. That’s how I feel about current production arsenals vs. Zastava.
This is really helpful and I appreciate it. Yes, please respond with more detail when you have a minute.

V/r,
Anthony

@agabriel What are you looking for in an AK? Do you prefer a standard AKM pattern rifle in 7.62x39 with wood furniture and iron sights or do you have something else in mind in other calibers or with modernized furniture, optics, etc.? That will help me steer you to some good options. I will say that no matter what you do, get an import over a US made AK.

@agabriel What are you looking for in an AK? Do you prefer a standard AKM pattern rifle in 7.62x39 with wood furniture and iron sights or do you have something else in mind in other calibers or with modernized furniture, optics, etc.? That will help me steer you to some good options. I will say that no matter what you do, get an import over a US made AK.

Bottom Line - I'm thinking an OG 7.62 AK with wood furniture, and scope options if for future enhancement.

Longer version - I've been shooting most of my life - probably 40ish years at this point, 25ish getting out pretty consistently. I've shot alot of different types of guns in this time, but I've never shot an AK. I like the idea of an AK as a plinking gun. I also kind of like the side mount that enables a scope mount for future options. I'm also a big fan of the OG look for the AK - I don't want another AR and the AK folding furniture seems like a disaster in terms of shootability. My son is also 5 - I'll probably start teaching him how to shoot this summer or next. I am trying to make sure there is a cool selection for him to shoot. He gets the concept of "good guys" and "bad guys" - I don't really have a bad guy selection right now.

Bottom Line - I'm thinking an OG 7.62 AK with wood furniture, and scope options if for future enhancement.

Longer version - I've been shooting most of my life - probably 40ish years at this point, 25ish getting out pretty consistently. I've shot alot of different types of guns in this time, but I've never shot an AK. I like the idea of an AK as a plinking gun. I also kind of like the side mount that enables a scope mount for future options. I'm also a big fan of the OG look for the AK - I don't want another AR and the AK folding furniture seems like a disaster in terms of shootability. My son is also 5 - I'll probably start teaching him how to shoot this summer or next. I am trying to make sure there is a cool selection for him to shoot. He gets the concept of "good guys" and "bad guys" - I don't really have a bad guy selection right now.
i am probably too vocal about it too often, but, i am not getting at all why anything that gets sold here first of all is even called an 'AK' nor what is the point to have one of those imitations.

the one true benefit a real AK provides is - you can go through sand and mud with it, and then fire it and it will fire, in full automatic mode, and it will not get stuck, it will not misfire nor jam, it is a one damn reliable machine gun.

so, nothing that gets sold here to public is a machine gun. and if you take out the single one core feature that makes a true AK great - what is left in there? not too much good at all, as it is not accurate, it is heavy and is built and looks like shit - it is just a chunk of cheap metal incapable to produce the stream of death it was made for.
and if you get a cheapier imitation - it will even jam on you, as any lowest grade chinese garbage does.

if you want to see a true AK - you really should go to any range - vegas or florida - that still rents out real soviet made AKs, in full auto, and try it out. try setting it to full auto and play with trigger to fire singles. it is an enjoyable thing, when it is real. then try the yugo shit, and feel the difference. and yugo clones are considered here to be, like, the top of the crop or whatnot.

plus, really, with all the crap that happens now, the availability of 7.62 ak ammo will be more and more problematic.

i am probably too vocal about it too often, but, i am not getting at all why anything that gets sold here first of all is even called an 'AK' nor what is the point to have one of those imitations.

the one true benefit a real AK provides is - you can go through sand and mud with it, and then fire it and it will fire, in full automatic mode, and it will not get stuck, it will not misfire nor jam, it is a one damn reliable machine gun.

so, nothing that gets sold here to public is a machine gun. and if you take out the single one core feature that makes a true AK great - what is left in there? not too much good at all, as it is not accurate, it is heavy and is built and looks like shit - it is just a chunk of cheap metal incapable to produce the stream of death it was made for.
and if you get a cheapier imitation - it will even jam on you, as any lowest grade chinese garbage does.

if you want to see a true AK - you really should go to any range - vegas or florida - that still rents out real soviet made AKs, in full auto, and try it out. try setting it to full auto and play with trigger to fire singles. it is an enjoyable thing, when it is real. then try the yugo shit, and feel the difference. and yugo clones are considered here to be, like, the top of the crop or whatnot.

plus, really, with all the crap that happens now, the availability of 7.62 ak ammo will be more and more problematic.
This gets funnier every time you post it!

11CB91EA-8FE0-4F63-BC2B-F9C26A318B10.gif

If you go on Reddit and get under the r/ak47 you can “experience” the current thought of the ak world from garbage to one off builds. They also have a collection of most ak type rifles and the pros and cons. Be warned though can get toxic.
Reddit and guns don't go together. Literal retards who have zero knowledge about Aks or any mechanical aptitude. Most are unemployed soyboys who buy a WASR/ZPAP to Larp as a Che Guvera communist catboy in their mom's basement. I value the 60 year old youtube bubbas recording their opinions on guns sitting in their car with the phone in portrait mode more than reddit tards.

So much horrible info on that subreddit. Opinions based on nothing but what is popular and agreed upon to get 'upvotes' Lot's of faggots who don't shoot their guns but post a lot

"I bought this gun, shot 2 mags indoors at 10 yards, boy this thing is accurate and I'd say that these guns are 100% reliabile due to my experience"

"wowzers look at this bakey boy mag on my Yugo gun with a dong handguard!!"

-"Wow my fellow faggots, this ZPapperino sure is HIGH QUALITY, look at that those pins and rivets" (meanwhile having zero experience that would allow them to guage what is good workmanship or metallurgy)

Last edited:
I'm curious how to figure out which AKM is right for me. In a previous thread and after additional reading/video watching, it seems like a few options exist. I appear to be focusing in on something either foreign made or locally assembled with a foreign parts kit. I do seem strangely interested in something put together from a foreign parts kit. The price difference between some options is pretty big. I'm not sure how to measure the quality for the added money. With an AR, this trade space is much easier to understand - or I just have a lot more time with that platform.

It is a bit of commitment to find/drive to some of these dealers - saving time helps... Actually figuring out who deals what is enough of a PIA with this. As an example - my local FFL stocks Reilly Defense, which interests me alot less since it is US made and the ones in stock are not in the caliber that I want (7.62x39).

These are the options I'm trying to get my arms around:

Small custom parts kit builders (e.g. Macpherson) - It seems like they build parts kits in small numbers. It seems like many accessible parts kits are going to have certain accepted and non-function-limiting parts (e.g. the rifle will zero, but front sight may not be near center). Prices seem to start in $1300ish range. I've reached out - beyond assembled local (which is cool) I can't figure out how to think about them in terms justifying a premium. Do smaller local assemblers do things like tune the gas system? It does seem nice to have a defined place to go if it acts up. Do most local gunsmiths fix AKs? Why are they worth ~$600+ extra over a WASR or ~$500 over a Zastava? Any other local assemblers that I should check out?

Large custom kit builder (e.g. Atlantic) - Appears to build a solid DIY rifle? Only needs a trigger group and furniture added. The remaining build portions seem like a pretty easy DIY - since a 20 ton press isn't needed... This seems cool - the price difference assembled and when things are in stock is just a little over a Zastava. Does anyone know if they do a good job with rivets and pressing barrels? Any other build issues? I'm assuming there is no way they do things like tune the gas system?

Zastava - Seems to build a solid well regarded AKM. Has a receiver that is 50% thicker, so it can handle higher round counts. The newer rifles include a side based rail for an add on that can hold a scope, which seems stronger than a rail on the dust cover. In truth, I'll probably never shoot anywhere near 100k rounds+ from whatever I get. The biggest limitation appears to be furniture compatibility. I'll probably never need to replace the furniture, but how big a PIA is it to find other options if I want to?

WASR 10 - Seems to be a well running rifle with fit and finish issues. The rifle appears to be fine getting to high round counts. How bad are the fit & finish issues? How cheap does it make the rifle feel?

After watching a bunch of AKOU videos, it seems like almost everything foreign stands up to high round counts. It seems like virtually every AKM is over gassed significantly. Do people really bother tuning them with something like a KNS piston?

A quality AK built by a real deal military arms Combloc factory is usually a safe bet.

First off do not limit yourself to currently commercially new sold guns. There are a lot of AKs on the market imported 40 yr ago till now that are great, if not better, choices.

at the risk of sounding like an AK autist, Zastava M70 (Zastava polu-automatska @puška m70 lol, aka 'semi auto rifle') is not an 'AKM'.... zpapm70 basically a Yugo M70A3 in semi auto sans grenade launcher. Good quality cold hammer forged, chrome lined barrel... made by a real deal ex-Communist Yugoslav military plant. Better 'fit and finish' than a WASR generally. Yuogslavian M70s are kind of not really AKs, they are their own thing based off the AK, kind of like the Yugoslavian adaptation. Reverse engineered from captured AKs. They don't interchange many parts besides the fire control group, magazines, pistol grip, etc... they are heavier with a 1.5mm (as comapred to 1.0mm in standard AKM) thick reciver which was made to take the extra strain of grenade launching off the gun (weird Tito communist dictator requirement) so every solider could fire grenades. Bulged RPK trunion, kind of not needed on semi auto, but some people prefer it. Heavier profile barrel than AKM, more like the OG AK47 profile. Different optics mounting rail, kind of different everything but sort of similar? Retails around 850-1000 USD.

WASR-10 (abbreviaton in Romanian as something like Wassernager agreement semiauto rifle) is similar idea, it's a semi-auto variation of the romanian Puska Militaria model 63, with some differences. Again, combloc factory made AKM-esque gun with a cold hammer forged, chrome lined barrel. There are other variations of WASR like WASR 10/63 which is made from surplus/used actual Romanian military AKMs, Cugir (romanian state arms factory) took all the parts and put it on a new modified for import reciever and a new barrel. Kind of like a factory made parts kit - Many examples of the 10/63s lasting 80-100,000 rds.... (Battlefield Vegas) and the barrels still not being shot out by the time other things fail from flat out high use, like the trunnion or receiver failing.... they are very well proven guns. You can also find SAR-1/WUM-1 which are more accurate PM md63 AKMs as compared to the WASR. They have a normal dimpled receiver, gas block profile, etc, more correct Romanian AKM clone, they were imported late 90s early 2000s. Lots of them for sale on sites like AK files, gunbroker, classifieds, etc. The 'fit and finish' on the Romanian guns, specifically WASRs, has been not as great as others, like the finish is a parkerized finish that marks easily, but does a great job at corriosion protection and has a cool patina. Front sight blocks are notoriously canted, mine was barley able to zero properly, but it was still able to be, looked a little off if you care about that. They will run and run though. A decent bit less weight than the Yugo type guns due to thinner receiver, thinner profile AKM barrel; Retails around 800-900 USD. Good all around one size fits most gun. beware the stock furniture is notoriously poor so order a nice set of surplus wood furniture or whatever you'd like at the same time you buy the gun.

Another current production contender is the WBP, which is made in Poland. FB Radom barrel, which is considered one of the best AKM barrels on the market today, with new production, WBP commercial parts and finish. Most people claim that the fit, overall QC and quality of the finish and guns are better than Romainain guns. These, like the WASR, will take most standard AKM furniture, accessories, etc. Similar to a WASR but a gucci version that may be more collectible and higher quality control. Retails around 1200 USD.

Kit builds like those from Atlantic and professional, quality, AK builders can be just as reliable, sometimes a better fit and finish than a ex-Warsaw pact factory, but there are a lot more variables and options. Atlantic offers a lot of different barrel types, mostly US non chrome line barrels, etc. Too much variability to say one is good or one it bad overall... but a CHF CL barrel and gun made bu the original makers is something I'd go for instead of a kit build, unless you want a very specific build for historical interest reasons that was never offered as a factory rifle in the states, like Russian AKMs, East German, and the like.

AK's are 'heavy on the gas' for reliability reasons. And shooting in uber cold temps like in parts of USSR. Some guns can be way overgassed to the point it needs to be adressed, but "over gassed" is a bit of a misnomer. The strong force back and forth and looser tolerances make for a gun that can funtion with more carbon, debris, etc before reliability issues start.

Don't over-complicate this with a kit gun. Get a factory made import AK and go from there. The ZPAP and WASR are solid options, but there are also excellent guns like the Maadi (Egyptian AKM very close to the Russian), Chinese T-56 MAK 90, Bulgarian AKs, etc. What do you want to do with it, what do you want its main role to be?

https://www.youtube.com/@MishacoOBA This guy and YT Channel, Mishaco, is a wealth of knowledge on AKs available in USA and combloc firearms, I'm sure some of his videos could answer most questions you had. he is generally considred a definitive source on the guns.

AKFiles is another site with a lot of knowledge, I'm not a member anymore b/c it's like 95% insane political ramblings bordering on mental illness but 5% really good information and advice, great classifieds section as well.

Last edited:

@ the US and allied contractors who used literal WASRs in Iraq. And if you observe any combat footage where the AK is used by irregular militaries (esp MENA, Ukraine, Turkey, etc) you can see that most of the users in front line combat are using semi auto after getting some field experience, since full auto takes about 2 seconds for no more pew pew pew in the mag mag mag

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cosc-Ro_OMg

Plus how does the reliability not also make it reliable in semi auto mode?

While the cheper imitations like Century US made, some PSA AKs, are garbage, the issue they usually have is not jamming but failure due to the poopoo-tier mettalurugy, like cast parts that are typically forged/machined such as trunions and bolt carriers.

If trolling, funny post. If not, bruh what?

Last edited:

Um maybe?

I have fired a number of machine guns. Any friendly kid in there late teens or early 20s at the range frequently and playing range games probably can. I've also been to the Vegas range - the saw & Tommy gun were alot of fun!

I get the difference between semi & rock roll. I'm fine with a semi AK. Maybe the NFA can evolve similarly at some point - who knows.

The AK is the number one proliferated rifle around the world if I recall. The AK-74 and now AK-12 aren't getting great traction based on differentiation and how well the AKM has propagated. The round also has many ballistics similarities with certain 300blk loads. I don't see 7.62x39 going anywhere, but I mean who knows.

A quality AK built by a real deal military arms Combloc factory is usually a safe bet.

First off do not limit yourself to currently commercially new sold guns. There are a lot of AKs on the market imported 40 yr ago till now that are great, if not better, choices.

at the risk of sounding like an AK autist, Zastava M70 (Zastava polu-automatska @puška m70 lol, aka 'semi auto rifle') is not an 'AKM'.... zpapm70 basically a Yugo M70A3 in semi auto sans grenade launcher. Good quality cold hammer forged, chrome lined barrel... made by a real deal ex-Communist Yugoslav military plant. Better 'fit and finish' than a WASR generally. Yuogslavian M70s are kind of not really AKs, they are their own thing based off the AK, kind of like the Yugoslavian adaptation. Reverse engineered from captured AKs. They don't interchange many parts besides the fire control group, magazines, pistol grip, etc... they are heavier with a 1.5mm (as comapred to 1.0mm in standard AKM) thick reciver which was made to take the extra strain of grenade launching off the gun (weird Tito communist dictator requirement) so every solider could fire grenades. Bulged RPK trunion, kind of not needed on semi auto, but some people prefer it. Heavier profile barrel than AKM, more like the OG AK47 profile. Different optics mounting rail, kind of different everything but sort of similar? Retails around 850-1000 USD.

WASR-10 (abbreviaton in Romanian as something like Wassernager agreement semiauto rifle) is similar idea, it's a semi-auto variation of the romanian Puska Militaria model 63, with some differences. Again, combloc factory made AKM-esque gun with a cold hammer forged, chrome lined barrel. There are other variations of WASR like WASR 10/63 which is made from surplus/used actual Romanian military AKMs, Cugir (romanian state arms factory) took all the parts and put it on a new modified for import reciever and a new barrel. Kind of like a factory made parts kit - Many examples of the 10/63s lasting 80-100,000 rds.... (Battlefield Vegas) and the barrels still not being shot out by the time other things fail from flat out high use, like the trunnion or receiver failing.... they are very well proven guns. You can also find SAR-1/WUM-1 which are more accurate PM md63 AKMs as compared to the WASR. They have a normal dimpled receiver, gas block profile, etc, more correct Romanian AKM clone, they were imported late 90s early 2000s. Lots of them for sale on sites like AK files, gunbroker, classifieds, etc. The 'fit and finish' on the Romanian guns, specifically WASRs, has been not as great as others, like the finish is a parkerized finish that marks easily, but does a great job at corriosion protection and has a cool patina. Front sight blocks are notoriously canted, mine was barley able to zero properly, but it was still able to be, looked a little off if you care about that. They will run and run though. A decent bit less weight than the Yugo type guns due to thinner receiver, thinner profile AKM barrel; Retails around 800-900 USD. Good all around one size fits most gun. beware the stock furniture is notoriously poor so order a nice set of surplus wood furniture or whatever you'd like at the same time you buy the gun.

Another current production contender is the WBP, which is made in Poland. FB Radom barrel, which is considered one of the best AKM barrels on the market today, with new production, WBP commercial parts and finish. Most people claim that the fit, overall QC and quality of the finish and guns are better than Romainain guns. These, like the WASR, will take most standard AKM furniture, accessories, etc. Similar to a WASR but a gucci version that may be more collectible and higher quality control. Retails around 1200 USD.

Kit builds like those from Atlantic and professional, quality, AK builders can be just as reliable, sometimes a better fit and finish than a ex-Warsaw pact factory, but there are a lot more variables and options. Atlantic offers a lot of different barrel types, mostly US non chrome line barrels, etc. Too much variability to say one is good or one it bad overall... but a CHF CL barrel and gun made bu the original makers is something I'd go for instead of a kit build, unless you want a very specific build for historical interest reasons that was never offered as a factory rifle in the states, like Russian AKMs, East German, and the like.

AK's are 'heavy on the gas' for reliability reasons. And shooting in uber cold temps like in parts of USSR. Some guns can be way overgassed to the point it needs to be adressed, but "over gassed" is a bit of a misnomer. The strong force back and forth and looser tolerances make for a gun that can funtion with more carbon, debris, etc before reliability issues start.

Don't over-complicate this with a kit gun. Get a factory made import AK and go from there. The ZPAP and WASR are solid options, but there are also excellent guns like the Maadi (Egyptian AKM very close to the Russian), Chinese T-56 MAK 90, Bulgarian AKs, etc. What do you want to do with it, what do you want its main role to be?

https://www.youtube.com/@MishacoOBA This guy and YT Channel, Mishaco, is a wealth of knowledge on AKs available in USA and combloc firearms, I'm sure some of his videos could answer most questions you had. he is generally considred a definitive source on the guns.

AKFiles is another site with a lot of knowledge, I'm not a member anymore b/c it's like 95% insane political ramblings bordering on mental illness but 5% really good information and advice, great classifieds section as well.

There is alot to unpack here. I appreciate it. Any chance you can recommend good So NH FFLs with a good selection? Do you think Gun Broker is the better alternative?

There is alot to unpack here. I appreciate it. Any chance you can recommend good So NH FFLs with a good selection? Do you think Gun Broker is the better alternative?
I'd go somwhere that you can check it out and handle it especially as a 1st time buyer than isnt 100% sure. @619DWGuns of Merrimack, NH has a good AK selection but dont let him push the PSA AKs on you LOL.... he's a good salesman.

I'd go somwhere that you can check it out and handle it especially as a 1st time buyer than isnt 100% sure. @619DWGuns of Merrimack, NH has a good AK selection but dont let him push the PSA AKs on you LOL.... he's a good salesman.
Thank you. I've heard really good things about the newer PSA AKs, but it definitely is not what I'm looking for right now.

It seems like the Maadis are imported by Century. I have heard various things about Century imports - I'm assuming you have had luck with them?

He gave you a lot of good information. Since you want a basic AKM with wood furniture and a side rail, I would check out the WBP Jack. I don't have personal experience with them but most people who have them are very pleased with the overall quality which is a step above the WASR. If you want to save some money and get a solid but basic AK to beat on and don't care about the lack of magwell dimples, a WASR is ok too.

Hungarian FEGs are high quality. The older imports from the 80s and 90s are great but lack side rails. I bought an AK63F parts kit that seemed to spend the last 40 years sitting unfired in an armory in the Middle East. I brought it to Macpherson and had them build it on a Childer's receiver with the same cold hammer forged chrome lined FB Radom barrel that is in the WBPs. They did a great job and everything is straight as an arrow and the rivets look perfect. I use and abuse it like many people do with WASRs. Atlantic offers these kits built as barreled receivers with a side rail. You can put whatever fire control group and furniture you want. Note that Hungarian AKs use AKM pattern furniture but the handguard retainer is shaped slightly differently so lower handguards require a very small and easy modification to fit if you aren't using Hungarian furniture.

I've yet to find a NH gun shop that has a decent selection of AKs. 619DW always has the best ammo prices and the walls are lined with really nice AKs in a private collection but the stuff for sale is mostly PSA or Century. Northeast Munitions will often have a couple Arsenals and can order you any Zastava you want. If they can't get it for you, they will do free transfers. Macpherson specializes in AK builds and is the best local place to bring a parts kit or have work done on an AK.

SAK? полуавтомат Калашникова
Or semiautomatic kalashnikov

Is anybody else shooting their AKs regularly? I have quite a few including some with optics, folding stocks, etc. but for some reason I just love shooting an AK with iron sights and a fixed stock above all else. Yesterday I put 300 rounds through this no longer unfired SLR-105.

E39F91C1-86F8-4DAF-9637-FCE076CA7959.jpeg

@agabriel Did you end up choosing an AK?
I have a list. I'm in the process of selling an AR - hopefully it will sell shortly. It is actually the best priced AR at Shooters Outpost. This is the list I've pulled together to start searching for (once the AR sells) in no particular order:

Mahdi (avoid misr 90)
Wasr 10/63
Zastava
Arsenal
Zpap
WBB fox gen2
FB radom beryl

Back
Top Bottom